To eliminate overlap in services, Yahoo will close its Yahoo Photos service in favour of photo sharing darling Flickr, acquired by Yahoo a little over two years ago and considered by many a pioneer of the Web 2.0 wave of Internet innovation.
Intel's new generation of processors with 45-nanometer features will help it earn profits from rising demand for notebook PCs and to enter a nascent market segment called mobile Internet devices, the company's CEO said Thursday.
Riya is a search engine company with a business model based on the old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words.
Symantec researchers Friday warned of an in-the-wild Trojan horse that poses as a Windows activation program to dupe users into entering credit card information in an attempt to reanimate their machines.
Microsoft's security centre has confirmed that a patch for the already-exploited DNS server bug in Windows will be among the seven updates scheduled to release next Tuesday.
Having lost out to Google in a bid to acquire Internet advertising company DoubleClick, Microsoft has initiated a new round of talks to acquire Yahoo Inc., according to published reports Friday.
Researchers in Japan have developed new circuit technology touted to be the vital next step towards the realisation of a practical quantum computer.
LucasArts reveals a new futuristic title for next generation consoles, and to everyone's surprise, it's not based on Star Wars.
Broadband has been deemed the Federal Communication Commission's (FCC) top priority, FCC Chairman Kevin Martin said at Microsoft offices in Mountain View, California on Thursday.
Creative is launching a small-capacity MP3 player that has the same capacity but the half price of Apple's Shuffle player. Known as the Stone, the new (US$56 player will be available in six glossy finishes: black, red, pink, blue, green or white and ...
Google is including links again to some of Belgium's most popular French- and German-language newspapers, although their copyright lawsuit against the U.S. search company remains pending.
Yahoo introduced Wednesday evening a new browser-based version of its Messenger instant messaging service, so that users can access their accounts without needing the PC application on the machine they're using.
Dreams of fuel cells serving the power needs of a laptop PC or other new technology to significantly increase battery life won't likely be available for years, according to an Acer executive.
IBM introduced its new Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) for Microsoft SharePoint Wednesday, giving users of the popular Microsoft online collaboration tool access to new backup and recovery options. Adding to its appeal, the new Tivoli component will int...
Microsoft will tag its next server software, now codenamed Longhorn, with the prosaic "Windows Server 2007," according to a document on the company's site.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SMS-based two-factor authentication may be headed out the door
- Intel is developing AR smart glasses for interactive collaboration
- Kimpton Hotels is investigating a possible payment card breach
- Verizon's Yahoo deal creates tracking powerhouse, privacy groups warn
- GE waves developers onto its huge IoT stage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCSenior Back-end .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC