What if the good guys started using the tools of the bad guys to catch the bad guys, but other good guys stopped them from doing that?
Early users of Outlook 2007, the latest version of Microsoft's market-leading e-mail client, are voicing widespread complaints about the software's sluggish performance.
Nvidia will offer versions GeForce 7 graphics processors that are designed to be used on motherboards as part of a chipset, instead of the add-in graphics cards where the chips are currently available.
Claiming it has forged a new link for consumers who want to connect their TVs and PCs, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) announced Wednesday at Cebit it has designed a mix of technologies that solve the perennial challenge of converging the computer and t...
Nintendo legend Shigeru Miyamoto spoke to an audience at a packed convention room at San Francisco's Game Developers Conference last week.
The IEEE 802.11n Working Group this week approved draft 2.0 of the standard, paving the way for 100+Mbps wireless LAN products as early as the middle of this year.
The latest versions of Red Hat's Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5) operating system, unveiled Wednesday, offer long-awaited built-in virtualization capabilities from the open-source Xen project.
Apple Tuesday made up for Microsoft's patch sabbatical by releasing a security update that featured fixes for 45 vulnerabilities, a third of which addressed flaws first made public during a pair of bug-a-day projects in late 2006 and early this year....
Figures from UK payments association Apacs show UK online banking fraud increased from £23.2 million (AUD$57.1 million) in 2005 to £33.5 million (AUD$82.4 million) last year.
Microsoft plans to purchase Tellme Networks in an effort to bolster its voice services portfolio and add speech recognition to a broad range of its software and online services, the company said Wednesday.
Microsoft hopes that taking a page out of its old playbook can help the company cut into Google's thus-far insurmountable lead in the search market.
The German IT industry wants lawmakers to focus on copyright and fair competition, but not to regulate other aspects of the Internet.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is working with Nokia to polish the hand-over of voice calls between corporate wireless LANs and public mobile phone networks, a Siemens executive said Wednesday.
Microsoft Wednesday said it filed lawsuits against cybersquatters in the U.S. and the U.K. to stop them from illegally profiting from the misuse of intellectual property and Internet domain names using online ads.
A judge dismissed the criminal case against former Hewlett-Packard Chairman Patricia Dunn on Wednesday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCProgram ManagementWA
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT