Activision and Vivendi Games (parent company of Blizzard Entertainment) announced an 18.9 billion dollar merger on Sunday, forming a new company called Activision Blizzard where current Activision CEO, Robert Kotick, will remain as chief executive.
Sun used strong-arm tactics and made threats to the owners of an open-source directory project to wrestle away control, according to one of the former owners and creators of the project.
Windows Vista made its biggest leap yet in November -- the operating system was in use on nearly one out of 10 Internet-connected computers last month, according to a research firm.
Facebook has confirmed findings of a CA security researcher that the social-networking site's Beacon ad service is more intrusive and stealthy than previously acknowledged, an admission that contradicts statements made previously by Facebook executiv...
Trend Micro has released LeakProof 3.0, the security vendor's first data leak prevention product.
The trade show floor at the SC07 supercomputing conference in Reno, Nevada, last month had a futuristic, film noir feel, with low lights, large glowing screens and scattered towers that displayed the names of companies and national laboratories. It w...
Companies wishing to bid in the upcoming 700MHz auctions at the US Federal Communications Commission were largely silent about their plans Monday, the deadline for submitting bid applications.
A new mobile market research project now measures and ranks mobile Web sites, trying to identify how well they perform for handheld device users.
Microsoft has purchased Seattle startup WebFives, which provides a Web-based file-sharing service for Internet and mobile video, photos, audio, and blogs, according to a <a href="http://www.vizrea.com/default.aspx">message</a> posted on the startup's...
The Australian National University (ANU) is conducting a world-first program to digitally map the southern sky using a specially constructed telescope called Skymapper, and in another global first will provide the data free to the world via a virtual...
Dell has announced the addition of BigPond, using Telstra's Next G mobile network, as an option for integrated mobile broadband in a number of its notebooks.
The decision by Verizon Wireless to start testing LTE (Long-Term Evolution) mobile technology for rollout early in the next decade may lead to an even bigger change down the road.
At the worldwide technical workshop for the upcoming Windows Server 2008 on the Microsoft campus this week, Canadian industry execs gathered to discuss what the product features might mean for IT professionals, and what kind of uptake might occur in ...
Telco Perl is being used to empower IVR telephony developers to eliminate the typical technical restrictions of proprietary systems to create new services in a shorter time and at lower cost.
Sprint has told <a href="http://www.sktelecom.com/">SK Telecom</a> "no thanks" to a proposed US$5 billion investment offer, according to a report in today's <a href="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119636928059308359.html?mod=djemalert&apl=y&r=334707...
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
- Google Play faces cat and mouse game with sneaky Android malware
- To punish Symantec, Google may distrust a third of the web's SSL certificates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior BANSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Nexus 9k ACINSW
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- FTSenior Network Specialist - IPVPN EdgeVIC
- FTJunior Applications SupportACT
- FTSalesforce Marketing Cloud ConsultantVIC
- CCFinancial/Logistics Administration OfficerACT
- FTSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTSales Operations ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- CCSharePoint Developer - Multiple Roles - 3-6 Mth Contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Solutions ArchitectWA
- FTIT ManagerVIC
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst (Level 1 Support)NSW
- FTICT ManagerNSW
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC