Microsoft acknowledged Friday that hackers were able to bypass a process implemented earlier in the week to ensure users of Microsoft's update services had legitimate copies of Windows before downloading updates and content from those services.
As the industry war between Microsoft and Google begins to boil, representatives from the two companies plan to duke it out in less serious fashion at the upcoming Linuxworld show in San Francisco.
Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has reported a loss for the second quarter, but claims that after six months of weak semiconductor demand, things are finally looking up.
Microsoft said Thursday it is stepping up efforts to replace Linux with Windows, highlighting a new campaign aimed at specific kinds of server workloads.
The Tablet PC market is set for steady growth between now and the end of the decade, research firm In-Stat said Wednesday.
Sony's failure to quickly embrace the flat-panel TV market hit the company again during the first quarter of its fiscal year, contributing to lower sales and wiping out profits. The TV group's poor performance also forced Sony to sharply lower its fi...
Fuji Photo Film Co. (Fujifilm) will soon offer two digital still cameras with 9-megapixel image sensors, the FinePix S9000 and the FinePix E900, it said Thursday.
Lenovo Group has begun work on a project to build a computer that is nearly 10 times more powerful than the world's fastest supercomputer, a company spokeswoman confirmed Thursday.
Windows Vista won't be available for shipment until the last quarter of 2006, a Microsoft executive let slip in a presentation on Microsoft's campus Thursday.
Intel is soon expected to announce plans to introduce a model number naming scheme for its server processors starting later this year when the first dual-core Itanium 2 processor is released.
US regulators opened a probe into the publisher of video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" on Tuesday, prompted by a resolution from the U.S. House of Representatives.
Pretec Electronics has begun offering samples of a 4GB SD (Secure Digital) memory card, the company said Wednesday.
Healthy demand for cellular equipment and other key products should help Fujitsu Ltd. achieve better than expected financial results in the first six months of its fiscal year, it said Wednesday.
Sony Communication Network launched a Web portal on Wednesday through which owners of the PlayStation Portable (PSP) handheld gaming device can download video clips.
After four long years of talking the talk, Microsoft on Wednesday gave the outside world its first official look at its next generation operating system, shipping Beta 1 Release of the recently renamed Windows Vista.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, August 4
- Acer's new Windows 10 laptops arrive with Chromebook-like prices
- Microsoft updates program to encourage diversity in partner law firms
- DHS warns about privacy implications of cybersecurity bill
- Apple computers vulnerable to 'Thunderstrike 2' firmware worm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW