Combining backup software and de-duplication technology within virtual server environments can help companies better deal with exploding data growth, according to users attending Computerworld's Storage Networking World conference in the US last week...
Feasibility studies for the East Africa Submarine cable system (EASSY) have been completed, paving way for the project to be operational in the first quarter of 2009, according to project coordinator John Sihra.
Symantec is warning users of the RealPlayer media software to be extra careful while surfing the Web.
The Taiwan government will sign a memorandum of understanding next week to work on WiMax technology and product development with multinationals including Intel, NEC, Nortel Networks and German WiMax tester Rohde & Schwarz.
SAP is pushing ahead with two partnerships that aim to provide customers with better user interface options for its ERP (enterprise resource planning) applications.
Attackers are exploiting a zero-day vulnerability in RealPlayer in order to infect Windows machines running Internet Explorer, Symantec said late last week. The security company issued an alert that rated the threat with its highest possible score.
Just days after a Virginia high school senior infected with a drug-resistant strain of bacteria died last week, an e-mail circulated to all the principals and custodial staff of the 11,000-student Bedford County Public School District from Victor Gos...
Cisco says it did not "act inappropriately" after four of its employees were included in the 44 arrests made this week by federal authorities in Brazil as part of a tax-evasion investigation.
Microsoft has denied that its software had arbitrarily changed Windows Vista's update settings, saying that users were responsible for the modifications that generated claims of unauthorized patch installs.
If you can't beat them, scam them back...or slander them into quitting.
Viacom's president and CEO took a swipe at Google's announcement earlier this week of plans to launch a video-blocking tool aimed at allowing content owners to intercept copyrighted clips as they are uploaded to Google's video site YouTube.
Membership growth in social networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook in all regions is expected to peak in 2009 and level off by 2012.
Four states that recently said the U.S. federal judgment in the Microsoft antitrust case has done its job have made an about face, now joining other states asking for an extension of the judgment.
Mozilla late last week updated its open-source Firefox browser to patch 10 bugs in Firefox, including three rated as critical, and released the refreshed versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
AT&T has filed a lawsuit in the US against VOIP provider Vonage Holdings, seeking damages for alleged patent infringement.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
- Indian privacy case against WhatsApp gains momentum
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD