The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has announced a new US$328 million ($415.5 million) plan to provide computer and Internet services through public libraries in developing nations.
The Free Software Foundation's (FSF) General Public Licence (GPL) is undergoing its biggest overhaul in 15 years and local members of the free software community are participating in the development process.
The U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) has approved an agreement for VeriSign to continue to operate the .com domain for six more years, despite objections about pricing and security.
While it's taken Microsoft half a decade to bring out a new version of its client operating system, the real development work on Windows Vista only took around two years, according to the head of the company.
Whether as home users or office workers, humans remain the weakest link when it comes to IT security. Sophos expects hackers to exploit this fact and predicts social engineering to rise in 2007.
Ken Kutaragi will leave his position as president of Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI), the Sony unit responsible for the PlayStation family of games consoles, and hand day-to-day control of the company to Kaz Hirai, previously head of SCEI's U.S. u...
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) launched a motherboard with four cores on Thursday, targeting gaming enthusiasts in an effort to keep pace with the release of quad-core chips by rival Intel.
Financial traders at a London company wear shorts to work because heat from workstations under their desks is so bad. Hewlett-Packard (HP) has invented technology to take the workstations out from under the desks and replace them with blade-style com...
A press conference this week on Second Life, the virtual world where "land" and buildings are now so valuable someone is claiming to have made a million dollars, proved remarkably like a reporter's first life.
Intel has started to produce samples of a quad-core processor called Penryn that offers faster clock speeds and larger cache sizes, according to an executive.
Asustek Computer plans to launch two motherboards complete with phone jacks able to turn common household telephones into Internet phones using Skype's popular VOIP software.
Details of the newest research on the ancient astronomical calculator called the Antikythera Mechanism have been published online by Nature magazine in advance of Thursday's international conference in Athens.
In what the company claims is its biggest launch since Windows 95, Microsoft has announced the local business availability of Windows Vista, the 2007 Microsoft Office system, and Exchange Server 2007.
Even if an 11-year-old school girl from the tiny village of Wick in South Wales was the first person to place a call over BT Group's new next-generation network, U.K. businesses will be among the big benefactors of the all-IP (Internet Protocol) netw...
Japan's Kenwood will soon begin selling what it claims is the smallest portable music player based on a hard-disk drive.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- That massive reported 'data breach' was just hype, Mail.ru says
- The Oracle-Google trial over Android starts Monday. Here's what you need to know
- Lenovo patches serious flaw in pre-installed support tool
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCPMO Support SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC