The U.S. Department of Defense took an estimated 1,500 computers offline Wednesday after a security breach within the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD).
HP on Tuesday announced a new appliance, software and services to protect data on HP servers and storage for regulatory compliance.
Yahoo Thursday said it has signed a deal to acquire <a href="http://www.rivals.com" target="_blank">Rivals.com</a>, an online site for college and high school sports and recruiting information. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The beta build of Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" that Apple handed out to developers June 11 at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) has leaked to the Internet and is being downloaded by users of PirateBay, the Swedish torrent tracker.
ISP Dodo Australia is offering "free" ADSL2+ connections coupled with a complimentary 150MB of download data per month when customers sign up for a Dodo telephone service. That is of course if customers are willing to fork out 18 cents for each megab...
The telecommunications and Internet industries are entering their second phase of growth and reinvention, brought about by collaboration and Web 2.0 technologies, Cisco CEO John Chambers proclaimed at the NXTcomm conference in Chicago this week.
Today, the 'Father of PlayStation' officially stepped down from his position as Chairman, Group CEO and Representative Director of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. His retirement comes at a troubled time for SCEI, which has suffered losses due to Pla...
News Corp. recently discussed swapping its MySpace social-networking site in exchange for a large stake in Yahoo, according to published reports.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) is seeking free-of-charge access to emergency call services for 'two-way' and 'dial-out only' Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services.
There has been a mixed response to the federal government's $1.9 billion broadband plan for Australia with one IP carrier claiming it raises more questions than answers.
Stoking the fires that have ignited political debate about the future of Australian broadband, opposition leader Kevin Rudd sent telecommunication vendors into a spin today by labelling wireless technology as "second rate".
T-Mobile says it is merely negotiating prices with Truphone, but its customers can't access certain numbers that its rival operates.
SonicWall has announced a new version of its e-mail security software that runs on Windows servers or the company's own appliances.
You have new ways to hear - or read - the messages that matter and skip those that don't.
There are two clearly emerging trends coming out of Hewlett-Packard's StorageWorks Conference in Las Vegas this week: HP's going green, and the future is in blades.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCChange AnalystVIC