Yahoo continued its pursuit of online ad rivals with a US$300 million purchase of private online advertising firm BlueLithium, the Internet giant announced Wednesday.
XenSource -- which Citrix Systems is in the process of acquiring -- Wednesday announced a version of its open source Xen virtualization hypervisor that original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) can embed in their servers and other devices.
China Tuesday denied allegations that its military hacked a Pentagon network in June -- the second time in as many weeks that the country has responded to charges of sponsoring computer attacks.
On Wednesday, Microsoft released details of a study it commissioned that found that total cost of ownership for Windows Vista on mobile PCs is US$605 less annually than Windows XP.
Facebook is changing its social networking site to make the names and profiles of its members available to nonmembers and eventually accessible through search-engine listings.
Amid statements made formerly by Nintendo that a revised Wii is a possibility, Nintendo vice president of marketing George Harrison reiterated in an interview published on Monday that an upgraded Wii could come, though not for a while.
The Wii outsold the PlayStation 3 by a factor of three to one in August, but its overwhelming lead narrowed for the second consecutive month according to Reuters.
Motor giant BMW will migrate about a third of its fleet of proprietary Unix servers to commodity Intel machines with Linux and Windows to take on the workloads.
The Australian telecoms market will grow a paltry 2.8 percent in the 2008 financial year to $36.3 billion driven largely by broadband and data services
Buffalo Technology has announced a range of portable hard drives using a new technology claimed to significantly boost performance compared to ordinary USB 2.0 products.
Sun has agreed to resell Diligent's de-duplication and virtual tape library software despite currently selling rival FalconStor's virtual tape library.
Contract negotiations between Apple and NBC Universal regarding video content in iTunes are getting nastier and staying public.
A new hard drive from Japanese company DTS has added 1GB of DRAM cache to a 2.5-inch serial ATA disk.
Via Technologies has launched a new PC motherboard to help OEMs build PCs meeting the US Energy Star requirements.
Pfizer appears to be having an especially hard time of late keeping its employee data secure.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCIntegrated logistics support Manager (ILS)ACT
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Security ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- FTIT Operations Manager / IT Business ManagerVIC
- FTChief Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantQLD
- TPOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTMigration Release ManagerACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW