Just days after users and bloggers raised Cain about Microsoft missing a deadline to deliver add-ons that it promised Windows Vista users, the company announced Tuesday that it is shipping one program but delaying 19 language packs for another month.
Amazon.com has launched a public beta of Amazon MP3, a digital music store that offers digital rights management-free music downloads, allowing users to download the music to their media player of choice or burn songs onto CDs.
The surging popularity of user-content driven social networking Web sites and greater corporate demand for Web 2.0 applications is putting pressure on storage vendors to expand and diversify their offerings to meet the demands of a broader audience, ...
Someone used an eBay discussion forum on Tuesday to post confidential information about eBay users along with what may be their credit card numbers.
Adding spark to its Sun Fire line on servers, Sun Microsystems is expected to announce its first x86-based quad-core systems.
Vodafone has launched its own GPS service - Vodafone Compass - and marked it by offering 12 months free GPS mapping for customers who sign up before December 1.
Microsoft has named the date on which Mac OS X users can get their hands on the latest version of its Office suite.
Check Point Software has beefed up its enterprise security gateways, in an effort to protect corporate networks against the risks associated with IM and peer-to-peer application such as Skype.
Soon you may be able to pay for your shopping with your mobile phone, thanks to some new technology being trialed in a joint venture from Telstra, NAB and Visa.
A Canadian integrated communications software developer, 01 Communique, is suing Citrix Systems for willful patent infringement regarding Citrix's GoToMyPC technology solution versus 01 Communique's I'm InTouch remote access solution.
Some of the low-cost PCs designed by One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) for kids in the developing world will go to people in North America.
Telstra today launched their latest mobile broadband cards for the home and office, claiming to deliver burst download speeds of up to 6Mbps and upload speeds of up to 1.3Mbps.
IT systems integrator Unisys is under fire for allegedly failing to detect the hacking of U.S. Department of Homeland Security computers, an incident that resulted in data being sent to a Chinese-language Web site.
Critics who blasted Microsoft three months ago for failing to deliver Windows Vista add-ons have again called the company on the carpet, this time for missing its self-imposed deadline to provide promised extras.
Hitachi Data Systems says it is the first tier one storage vendor to enable customers to power up and power down disk drives on demand, creating a 20 percent cost-of-operation advantage.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Remote management app exposes millions of Android users to hacking
- ‘Distributed guessing’ attack lets hackers verify Visa card details
- What happens when a country cracks down on fake news? Ask China
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCWeb Application SpecialistSA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTField Systems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD