Japan's public broadcaster showed off some bleeding-edge display technologies on Thursday that could one day lead to flexible TVs that roll up and slip in the pocket, and to smaller high resolution plasma displays than are available today.
Acer announced its Ferrari 4000 notebook computer last week, with a sleek black and red casing made from what it says is the same carbon fiber technology used on the body of Formula One race cars.
Japanese public broadcaster Nippon Hoso Kyokai (NHK), working with Sony, has developed a prototype 1-inch disk drive that is thinner and has more storage capacity than similar drives on the market today, an NHK researcher said this week.
Until recently, most providers of blogging software and services were relatively small startup companies, but now big-footed competitors are joining them, changing the dynamics and philosophies of the so-called blogosphere.
Internet users concerned about the number of virus-infected PCs ready to launch an attack over the Web can at least keep track of how afraid they should be, and satisfy their curiosity, by visiting CipherTrust's new ZombieMeter resource.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) and Microsoft are working together to offer governments national identity systems built on the .Net platform.
Toshiba has developed a slim-line optical disc drive with support for Hewlett-Packard's Lightscribe label-etching technology, it said Tuesday.
E-mail and photo files traditionally haven't played well together, but Yahoo believes it can help improve the situation with an enhancement to its Web mail service that it plans to announce on Thursday.
Ask Jeeves' search engine can make better suggestions to users for narrowing or expanding the scope of a Web search, the company plans to announce on Thursday.
Seiko Epson has made an improvement in its 3LCD (liquid crystal display) technology that could mean clearer images from next year's projectors and projection TV models, it said Wednesday.
At least four things will be on the minds of many attendees at next week's Computex trade show in Taiwan: the dual cores of Intel's Pentium D processor and the dual cores of Advanced Micro Devices' Athlon 64 X2 processor.
Users of the Firefox Web browser have been flocking to Netcraft's Web site to download the security company's new antiphishing toolbar, a company representative said Thursday.
Microsoft is advising users of Netscape 8 to either uninstall the software or to edit their computer's registry files because of a bug in America Online's (AOL) new browser. According to a Microsoft engineer, Netscape 8 disables the XML (Extensible M...
Microsoft and the entertainment industry's holy grail of controlling copyright through the motherboard has moved a step closer with Intel now embedding digital rights management within in its latest dual-core processor Pentium D and accompanying 945 ...
Mobile phone sales hit a new high in the first three months of the year, while the top three manufacturers tightened their grip on the market, according to a study published Wednesday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle gets September trial date against Rimini Street
- Inside Australia's most exclusive car club
- Data center group tightens certification rules for service providers
- Facebook to use all renewable energy in its next data center
- Google's self-driving cars are taking a road trip to Texas
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW