The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is rallying for free trade agreements during its huge Consumer Electronics Show this week, saying barrier-free trade with other countries is crucial to the growth of US jobs.
Samsung Electronics is showing off a new 128G-byte flash-based SSD (solid-state drive) at the International Consumer Electronics show in Las Vegas, one of the largest such drives shown to date.
Netgear is conducting a recall of its XE103 Powerline Ethernet Adapter after testing revealed circuitry malfunction that could cause the product to stop working and potentially overheat.
Fujitsu showed off two new laptops that it claims are the first to include built-in wireless HSUPA access at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
For several years people have been talking about the idea of miniaturizing a projector so that it's small enough to fit inside a mobile phone or digital camera. Now it's finally been done, and 3M is demonstrating a prototype of such a device at this ...
Sony BMG Music Entertainment will crack open the door to its music vaults on Jan. 15, taking the DRM copy-prevention wrapper off a limited selection of downloadable tracks.
A batch of digital media players sold by a Dutch importer over the holidays appear to have been infected with a nasty stocking stuffer -- a worm.
It may seem hard to believe for some wireless aficionados, but the Bluetooth Special Interest Group is 10 years old, something that Bluetooth vendors plan to celebrate at a Consumer Electronics Show party in Las Vegas Tuesday night.
Panasonic on Monday announced it was dabbling with technology that makes walls interactive, adding "larger-than-life technology" to home interiors.
Philips Consumer Electronics has thrown its full support behind the Blu-ray high-definition DVD format, adding a new Blu-ray DVD player and declaring the format to be the future of high-definition DVD storage.
Advanced Micro Devices announced at the International Consumer Electronics Show Monday that its new laptop processor platform, codenamed Puma, will ship in the second quarter of this year.
Casio will put on sale in March a digital still camera capable of shooting up to 60 full-resolution images in one second, and video at more than 1000 per second to realize a super slow-motion effect.
Logitech plans to show off a mini-keyboard that controls a person's PC wirelessly from the comforts of their family room sofa.
Stereo speaker maker Blaupunkt is showing off portable speakers that can also double as a powered subwoofer for a car stereo system at the International Consumer Electronics Show.
But Android faces big problems, tight deadline, says report.
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Managed Services ExpVIC
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTProject Manager - Knowledge Management implementationVIC
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Automation) - Finance - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW