As ISPs constrict file-sharing services such as BitTorrent, new data shows that users are moving to file-hosting Web sites to avoid slow downloads.
A New Zealand man was woken in the middle of the night when his mobile phone battery exploded and burst into flames, the second exploding battery incident reported this week.
Police have raided the home of the alleged ringleader of an international group of cybercriminals said to be responsible for infecting more than one million computers.
Google has purged its index of the thousands of malware sites that wormed their way into results lists for hundreds of legitimate search phrases, researchers confirmed Wednesday.
Apple on Wednesday set the expiration date for Boot Camp, the free application that runs Windows XP or Vista on an Intel-based Macintosh, as December 31. Users were notified by e-mail.
There were no overwhelming surprises in the SANS Institute's much-quoted annual list of Top 20 Internet security risks -- unless you count the fact that there were just 18 threats on the list this time around.
Microsoft released the first service pack for Exchange Server 2007 on Thursday, fixing software bugs and adding some new features to make the product more stable and useful for business customers. However, Microsoft's Exchange partners said there are...
Instead of labeling the next version of its Silverlight cross-platform browser plug-in 1.1, Microsoft will call it 2.0, and will release a beta version early next year, according to a corporate blog post Thursday.
A former employee of a small California canal system has been charged with installing unauthorized software and damaging the computer used to divert water from the Sacramento River.
Boxbe, a free e-mail filtering service, on Thursday announced several improvements, including integration with Yahoo Mail and beta version of a plug-in for users of Microsoft's Outlook e-mail program.
Automation may continue to reduce the ranks of data center workers, but unified communications technology will make it easier for IT staffers to stay in touch with whoever else survives the ax, according to Gartner.
Yahoo is releasing an upgrade to its Yahoo Widgets platform that accommodates Adobe's Flash multimedia display technology.
The open source industry in 2008 will be marked by more news out of Microsoft, IBM, Oracle and other big IT vendors, less start-up funding, more M&A activity, and an increasingly serious talent shortage.
Greenpeace, the environmental advocacy group, ranks Sony Ericsson as the most environmentally responsible electronics maker while slamming Microsoft and Nintendo for their poor e-waste management efforts as well as for high levels of toxic materials ...
Users should not be fooled by a possible stabilizing in DRAM prices in coming weeks because it's only a speed bump on the way down, analysts say.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to transform your smartphone into a real-world Star Trek tricorder
- Uber finally agrees to reveal diversity data
- Twitter considers enhanced version of TweetDeck for professionals
- Augmented reality gets a second life in manufacturing
- FBI director floats international framework on access to encrypted data
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FT.Net Solutions DeveloperSA
- CCServiceNow Specialist - Administration and DevelopmentVIC
- FTSoftware Tech Lead - C++ Back Office Trading SystemsNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Change Readiness ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint Developer - Multiple Roles - 3-6 Mth Contract Initially - SydneyNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCITCM EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!VIC
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Business ArchitectACT
- FTSr Digital Product ManagerNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportSA
- FTSenior Network Specialist - Internet Edge Routing and SwitchingVIC
- CCAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTC# / ASP.NET DeveloperSA
- CCFrom Security Operations to Technical Business Analyst, make the move now!NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW