U.S. companies trying to figure out how to deal with the proliferating use at work of social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace and Bebo may want to check the advice released Thursday by Britain's Trades Union Congress (TUC).
Advanced Micro Devices wants developers to start thinking about how they can speed up their software using new instructions that will appear in the company's processors from 2009. The additions could simplify the way developers code the iterative cal...
Despite generating a hefty media buzz, social networking sites like MySpace.com and YouTube have not yet figured out how to use that publicity to generate significant advertising revenue, according to a report released this week by IDC.
The 2002 antitrust settlement between Microsoft and the U.S. government has yielded several benefits for consumers, with competing Web browsers, multimedia applications and Web-based services flourishing since the agreement, the U.S. Department of Ju...
A second line of USB drives sold by Sony Electronics that uses rootkit tactics to hide files has been identified, and the devices' software remains on the Web, a researcher said Thursday.
U.S. government contractor Lockheed Martin has begun to move part of its network to IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) as a way of showing customers how to make the transition, the company said.
Yahoo has shaken up its top management ranks once again, as the struggling Internet giant continues tweaking its organizational structure to boost advertising sales, its main source of revenue.
Microsoft Sweden offered extra "marketing contributions" to its business partners to encourage them to vote for the adoption of Microsoft's Office Open XML format as a standard at a meeting of Sweden's national standards body this week, according to ...
On the same day that Microsoft set a date for the delivery of new Vista and XP service packs, it shut down a popular utility built and maintained by Windows enthusiasts for easily installing updates offline.
Usernames and passwords for more than 100 e-mail accounts at embassies and governments worldwide have been posted online. Using the information, anyone can access the accounts that have been compromised.
The Internet needs a massive investment to keep up with the demands of YouTube fans, billions of e-mails and wireles access, a university study states.
PowerFile on Monday announced that it has added Blu-ray disk technology to the latest version of its Active Archive Appliance, part of an effort by the vendor to move beyond the limits of DVD in scaling the optical-based storage offering.
Visitors to the IFA consumer electronics show, which opens Friday in Berlin, will have ringside seats to the war over high-definition disc formats raging between Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD.
Throw out those Cat5 cables: wired Ethernet is on its way out, ousted by the growing power and speed of wireless technology, according to one analyst group.
LG Electronics's battle to beat the iPhone is far from over. The South Korean electronics company has unveiled its second iPhone-like handset and this one packs several important features the iPhone doesn't: 3G and high-speed cellular data networking...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Senior IT Assistant (Lotus Notes) 161101/SITA/571Asia