You can walk into the appliance section of any department store and quickly compare the energy consumption ratings of different refrigerators. But try to do that with servers, and you're out of luck.
Microsoft Thursday said it will release nine security updates next Tuesday, half again as many as last month, targeting flaws in Windows, Office, Internet Explorer (IE) and Virtual PC.
<a href="http://www.spock.com/">Spock.com</a>, a new search engine focused on finding people by crawling social networking sites such as MySpace.com and Friendster, launched in a beta format Wednesday.
Dell will pay former CEO Kevin Rollins US$48.5 million for his stock options six months after he resigned in the wake of investor criticism about the vendor losing market share to rival Hewlett-Packard.
Having gained industry-wide recognition, Linux now is moving into its second stage of growth, in which it vies with Microsoft Windows as a dominant computing platform, Jim Zemlin, executive director of the Linux Foundation, said Wednesday.
A publisher of nude model photography is suing Microsoft for putting links and images of the company's content in search results taken from other Web sites that are illegally reproducing the material.
With an excess of 34 million regular users and about 15 billion page views per month, the world's hottest social networking site could be a marketer's candy store -- if developers can come up with the right recipe to monetize Facebook.
Growth in Internet traffic, especially from burgeoning video Web sites and peer-to-peer usage, will put more pressure on network managers to handle the explosion and on private sector investors, and they should be allowed to do so in unrestricted way...
EMC's RSA group plans to acquire data leak protection vendor Tablus.
If he weren't so ethical, Markus Jakobsson could be a world-class online fraudster. In a way, he already is.
Microsoft will release nine sets of security patches next week, including six critical updates for Windows, Office, Internet Explorer and its Visual Basic development software.
After CEO Steve Jobs trotted out new iMac computers on Tuesday, Apple Wednesday issued an update for the machines that the company only vaguely identified as providing "important bug fixes."
A bug in the way Norton Antivirus software uses the ActiveX programming language could cause serious problems for users of Symantec's products.
The man who launched both of the security industry's major bug bounty programs Thursday defended the idea of paying for vulnerabilities, but also said he has responded to critics by putting a tighter lid on bug details to make sure they don't fall in...
Some 20 local enterprises are already using the pre-release of Microsoft's next-generation server operating system, Windows Server 2008, which is slated for release early next year.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Four state AGs sue to block US decision to cede key internet role
- Salesforce tries to block Microsoft's LinkedIn acquisition
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ