A patent claim by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation would probably not sink the IEEE 802.11n standard, according to some wireless LAN industry veterans.
D-link has announced Ethernet desktop switches that, it claims, use up to 44 percent less power than existing 5-port switches. It said it was the first company to bring such green Ethernet switches to the market.
If you thought the iPhone was overpriced, stop reading this story now.
Developers and other supporters of the Kerberos authentication platform gathered at MIT's Stata Center on Thursday to unveil a new industry effort aimed at furthering the technology.
VMware Wednesday released the first beta of Fusion 1.1, the newest version of its virtualization software that lets Mac owners run Windows on their Intel-powered computers.
Engate Technology Thursday announced a version of its antispam software that the company says includes the industry's first preemptive protection against phishing attacks.
The percentage of threats arriving in e-mail that rely on links to malicious sites -- rather than arriving as a file attachment -- has ballooned 10-fold since the first quarter of the year, a UK security company said today.
Google's proposed merger with online advertising server DoubleClick would create a giant that would control a huge portion of online advertising and hurt the Internet, opponents of the deal have told US lawmakers.
Amid uncertainty about the greater economy, technology companies are looking good to investors. Strong earnings from Red Hat this week and Oracle last week, continued excitement over mergers and acquisitions, and solid forecasts for global component ...
Mobile phones will not cause cancer or slow the brain, according to a recently published six-year study, but the jury is not out.
The mini-explosion that hit the Internet following the alleged circulation of a sex video starring Meg White, member of the band, The White Stripes was an echo of a previous incident that involved a well-known Hilton family member.
The security threat posed by wireless networks has been a hot-button issue for years now. Are they still a prime target for hackers?
Want wireless security? Fine, click the WPA2 button during your router setup, enter a key, change the default log-on, and you're good.
If you've got a wireless network at home or at your business and don't take special care to protect it, well, you're playing Russian roulette -- and the chamber is loaded with multiple bullets.
The digital music industry is headed for a crossroads, as more stores and record labels try out DRM-free music sales, and as some of the bigger names in digital music team up to offer a new service.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - InformationQLD
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW