Four months before U.S. federal regulators apply stringent new efficiency standards to desktop PCs, Hewlett-Packard has tweaked three computers to qualify for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Energy Star 4.0 label.
E-mail messages from some of Intel's most senior executives are among those that should have been preserved but were not after the chip-maker was sued for alleged antitrust violations by Advanced Micro Devices, according to a court transcript release...
A small New Zealand IT consultancy is working on an open source accounting and payroll application that can be customized to suit the requirements of the country it is being used in.
Microsoft and Novell will enable virtualization for each other's server operating systems as part of the companies' ongoing alliance to make Windows and Linux more interoperable.
US-based Domain registrar and hosting company GoDaddy.com was hit with "significant and sustained" distributed denial-of-service attacks Sunday, the company said.
Cheap or free registration of new domain names drives the growth in Web sites used for spamming or hosting malicious software, according to research from McAfee.
Intel is about to sample non-volatile phase-change random access memory (PCM or PRAM) as a drop-in replacement for NOR flash memory, the type used in mobile phones. PRAM has the potential because of its size and access speeds to replace some DRAM app...
Seagate Technologies Monday announced the availability of the first laptop hard drive with native encryption capabilities, which is aimed at protecting data if a machine is lost or stolen.
A grand jury in Omaha, Nebraska, has indicted three people on charges of conspiracy, fraud and aggravated identity theft related to a "high-tech" scheme to hijack online brokerage accounts, the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Securities and E...
IBM has started production of a more advanced version of the Cell microprocessor, the chip it developed with Sony and Toshiba.
The International Standards Organization (ISO) agreed Saturday to put Open XML, the document format created and championed by Microsoft, on a fast-track approval process that could see Open XML ratified as an international standard by August.
Mandriva, formerly MandrakeSoft, last week launched a public test version of its enterprise-dedicated desktop operating system, Corporate Desktop 4.0. The software offers enterprise-orientated features such as directory integration, secure mobility, ...
Microsoft will deliver future versions of Office as software, not as a service, and as complete packages, not modules that do incremental updates, Jeff Raikes, president of the company's business group, said late last week.
A Windows feature designed to simplify computing for disabled users could be misused in Vista, a McAfee Inc. researcher reported Monday.
Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales is targeting the fourth quarter of this year for the unveiling of an open-source search engine that he hopes could challenge the dominance of market-leaders Google and Yahoo.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
- Backblaze wants to eliminate tape-based storage
- FBI expansion of surveillance powers meets obstacle
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCHelpdesk (Level 1 Support)QLD