Sun Microsystems has fulfilled its promise to file a new version of its antitrust lawsuit against Hynix Semiconductor, accusing the South Korean company of inflating prices for the DRAM (dynamic random access memory) chips used in Sun's servers and s...
The portion of people surfing the Web using a Mac has doubled in the past eight months, an Internet metrics analyst said Tuesday, and represents an audience that can't be ignored by Web application developers.
Sun Microsystems has assigned company developers to work on a Mac OS X version of the open-source OpenOffice.org productivity suite.
Research In Motion (RIM) will let developers create applications for BlackBerry phones using Microsoft's .Net programming environment, continuing its efforts to broaden the capabilities of the devices.
At a recent IT symposium at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, one area of study discussed was digitally augmented urban environments.
God was in Chris Wyatt's ear when he thought up his Christian video file sharing site. Well kind of. "I was sitting in class at Dallas Theological Seminary when I came up with the idea," said the student.
Almost one in four Americas use advanced mobile technology and visit the Web 2.0 world, but close to half have little use for either, according to a report released Monday.
Microsoft has closed the public testing period for Windows Live Hotmail and has begun a months-long process of migrating users to this major upgrade of its Hotmail Web mail service, the company announced Monday.
The potential of a Microsoft-Yahoo blockbuster deal probably doesn't have rivals at Google shaking in their boots just yet, but if a merger comes to fruition Google may have to worry about its hold on the consumer search and online advertising market...
Some twelve months have passed since Sun Microsystems promised to open source the venerable Java programming language, but the industry is yet to see the code, which should now be available within a few weeks.
Not to be left behind in the recent [[ArtId:1526139525|corporate uptake]] of Second Life, BigPond has launched a group of 11 in-game islands, and is now offering its users un-metered access to content in its virtual headquarters, as well as selected ...
Dell will be unable to supply desktop PCs to NSW Government agencies for at least three years under the state's newly announced whole-of-government supplier panel.
To eliminate overlap in services, Yahoo will close its Yahoo Photos service in favour of photo sharing darling Flickr, acquired by Yahoo a little over two years ago and considered by many a pioneer of the Web 2.0 wave of Internet innovation.
Intel's new generation of processors with 45-nanometer features will help it earn profits from rising demand for notebook PCs and to enter a nascent market segment called mobile Internet devices, the company's CEO said Thursday.
Riya is a search engine company with a business model based on the old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical LeadWA
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCCRM DeveloperACT