Microsoft Tuesday spelled out exactly how users of Windows Vista betas and release candidates can shift to the final code, and warned that beginning June 1, preview-equipped PCs will automatically reboot every two hours.
The same day the company posted strong financials, the board of Apple Wednesday publicly defended CEO Steve Jobs against allegations by a former executive about Jobs' involvement in stock options backdating.
Digg.com credits two particular features of its LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) server cluster for helping the news aggregation site maintain speedy performance in the face of high growth.
In a move to strengthen its response to security threats, Microsoft is opening two labs to study the growing amount of malicious software circulating on the Internet, security executives announced Wednesday.
Google has scrapped a planned 13-hour maintenance of Google Calendar that had some users confused and worried about potentially significant disruptions of the online calendaring service.
In a bid to attract business users, improved IT-management capabilities will be a key element of Intel's launch of Weybridge vPro desktop PCs later this year, and in the 2008 version of their Montevina Centrino notebook PCs. It's just the latest sign...
Mozilla Tuesday extended support for its 17-month-old Firefox 1.5.0.x browser until mid-May, citing the need to roll out a patch that will automatically update users to the newer Version 2.0 before it pulls the support plug.
Sun Microsystems is introducing a new platform for streaming on-demand video over IP networks, to put movies into the hands of customers more efficiently than cable, DVDs-by-mail or the corner video store.
A team of U.S. Army hackers will attend the Hack In The Box (HITB) Security Conference 2007 in Kuala Lumpur later this year, seeking redemption after falling short at a hacker competition in Dubai earlier this month, the conference organizer said Tue...
South Australian broadband carrier Internode has launched the second generation of its VoIP service. The new service combines Internode's existing outbound-only calling capabilities with additional inbound features.
Networking vendor D-Link has announced a deal with New Zealand start-up Tomizone to integrate its free Wi-Fi hotspot solution into selected wireless routers.
New software from Research in Motion (RIM) will enable all BlackBerry wireless applications to run on smartphones from rival handset makers.
Less than one week after disclosing a $US611 million first-quarter loss, chipmaker, AMD said it hoped to raise up to $US2.2 billion through the sale of convertible notes to institutional investors.
Move over "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire." Here comes CONE Sutro Forest.
The City of London is home to a new Wi-Fi network that is not only one of Europe's largest but also among the first to give users mobile coverage similar to a cellular network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCService Management Specialist / ITILNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW