Optical fibre is a lot easier to tap than most people imagine. There is no need to break or splice the fibre now -- a relatively shallow bend can be enough.
Acer has hired a lawyer that helped win a big patent case against Hewlett-Packard (HP) two years ago to help defend itself against two HP patent lawsuits, Acer's chairman said Friday.
Mozilla Thursday unveiled new details of its schedule for Firefox 3, the next major upgrade to the popular open-source browser.
In a postmortem of last month's Windows animated (.ANI) cursor vulnerability, one of Microsoft's security development gurus Friday spelled out how the bug sneaked into Vista.
The hardest thing about learning to use the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project's XO notebook PC is finding the right way to twist its antenna ears and open the display. Once you can see the screen, just follow the icons to write a note, snap a photo...
Google has finally solved a technical glitch on its Personalized Home Page service that rattled an undetermined number of users.
Computer coding errors apparently caused the loss of the U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration's Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) orbiter spacecraft last year.
Xerox researchers are developing a way to change the colors in a computer document using natural language commands such as "make the background carnation pink" or "make the blues slightly less purple."
More types of Microsoft's Zune music players are in the works, but some analysts are unsure whether new form factors or functions will significantly boost Zune's popularity.
<a href="http://www.necam.com" target="_blank">NEC America</a> has introduced a virtual-desktop computing package designed to support demanding PC-quality graphics on thin client desktops.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Monday announced three new hard-disk drives aimed at improving storage capacity, performance and power consumption.
Sony has launched of its first Sony Memory Stick PRO-HG media card, which it will begin shipping in August 2007. The Memory Stick PRO-HG is an extended format of the Memory Stick PRO format, offering high performances to meet the stringent demands of...
An independent developer has created a free plug-in for the open-source MySQL database that lets users inexpensively store their data on Amazon.com's Web storage service, S3.
The U.S. Army's Communications Electronics Research & Development Engineering Center (CERDEC) will spend several months evaluating Mobile WiMax for possible military use, according to Samsung Electronics Co., which is supplying the equipment.
Less than a week after the latest Ubuntu Linux release - version 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" - users are already crying out for driver support to rival that for Windows in the next release.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SMS-based two-factor authentication may be headed out the door
- Intel is developing AR smart glasses for interactive collaboration
- Kimpton Hotels is investigating a possible payment card breach
- Verizon's Yahoo deal creates tracking powerhouse, privacy groups warn
- GE waves developers onto its huge IoT stage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst with Product Management experienceVIC
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW