The 2005 decision by the U.S. Supreme Court in the Grokster v. MGM case is partly responsible for Viacom's dispute with Google ending up in court, an expert on copyright law said in a Sunday opinion piece in The New York Times newspaper.
Linux vendor Collax wants to use the Web interface it has built for managing small-business servers to manage applications from other vendors too.
The organizers of Cebit sought on Sunday to quash talk of an downturn in the fortunes of the world's largest IT fair, saying attendance was stronger this year than many observers had predicted before the show.
Forget speech-recognition software: How about typing a letter just by thinking it?
Windows Vista can be run for at least a year without being activated, a serious end run around one of Microsoft's key antipiracy measures, according to Windows expert, Brian Livingston.
Skype has released a new version of its Internet telephony and instant messaging software that adds a feature to let users create business reviews, and another one to sell expertise, as the eBay subsidiary promotes interaction among its users.
While some segments of the U.S. Latino population are using the Internet less than other segments of the country's adult population, some Latinos are online more than non-Hispanic whites and African-Americans, according to a study released Wednesday ...
Novell hopes to cut out some of the complexity small and medium-size businesses face in managing Windows desktops with new software it is demonstrating at Cebit in Hanover, Germany, this week.
One of the best known computer brands of the 1980s, Commodore, is back at Cebit 2007.
Security vendor Trend Micro will release a new version of its mobile security software for Nokia smartphones next month that adds a built-in firewall and improves malware detection, the company said Thursday at Cebit in Hanover, Germany.
Core Security Technologies says it's discovered an IPv6-related buffer-overflow vulnerability in several versions of the OpenBSD operating system that would allow an attacker to knock a server offline or take control at the kernel level. The OpenBSD ...
Another role could soon be added to the many already performed by home gateway devices: identifying video pirates.
Sophos will weave network access control (NAC) functions into its client antivirus security product, Endpoint Security, over the next 12 months, the company's chief executive officer said on Thursday at Cebit in Hanover, Germany.
Cisco announced plans to acquire online collaboration service WebEx for US$3.2 billion, giving the network equipment giant a foothold in the software-as-a-service market.
A new Google gadget lets users embed the company's Talk instant-messaging service in Web pages, expanding the reach of this product, originally introduced as a downloadable PC application.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT