Microsoft is making a significant push to leverage its partner community to promote customer upgrades and new sales of its Office productivity suite, a company executive said Friday at Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference 2005 in Minneapolis.
Microsoft has unveiled changes to its licensing and financing programs in an effort to simplify how customers buy their software.
Some of the best Internet minds in the world met last week to discuss a wide range of methods to rid the Web of malicious traffic.
The European Commission announced Thursday that it wants to spur the growth of a Europewide market for online music services by making it easier for new providers to get licences to sell songs over the Internet.
Rambus has souped up its memory technology to let memory chips talk to graphics processors much more quickly than they do today. The technology should lead to better pictures from games consoles and high-end PCs, the company said Thursday.
Chinese personal computer maker Lenovo Group will leap to ninth place in the global chip purchasing ranks this year, thanks to its acquisition of IBM Corp.'s PC division, according to a market research group.
Lawyers in the trial of the Sasser computer worm author made their closing arguments on Thursday at the district court in Verden, Germany, with the court expected to deliver its verdict on Friday, according to a court spokeswoman.
Microsoft will release three software patches next Tuesday covering critical software flaws in its Windows operating system and Microsoft Office software suite. The company is also planning to release an updated version of its Windows Software Remova...
A patent granted to Microsoft this week hints at the invention of new technology for personalizing searches for online media, particularly music titles.
Unwired Australia has struck up an agreement with Allco Finance for a $15.7million secured loan to finance the Austar spectrum swap deal.
Intel and movie studio Revelations Entertainment have formed a company that hopes to offer new feature films over the Internet.
Nine out of 10 Internet users say the threat posed by spyware and other malware has forced them to change their online habits.
ViewSonic has raised pressure levels in an already crowded projector market, with the release of three new models designed for the home, education and small business markets.
Google has developed a toolbar for The Mozilla Foundation's Firefox browser that contains almost all the features found in Google's toolbar for Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser, according to a company official.
Mobile phone manufacturer LG Electronics has agreed to use a version of the Palm OS designed by Palmsource in a future smart phone, which might be the first phone to use a Linux-based version of Palm OS that is under development.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Obama rolls out initiative to boost US supercomputer capability
- Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers
- Researchers develop astonishing Web-based attack on a computer's DRAM
- Samsung plots Galaxy S6 price cut, new phones to help business
- As Windows 10 launches, Microsoft pushes for enterprise adoption
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW