Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such ...
The end of the year provides us with the perfect excuse to look back at some of the coolest gadgets that have come out of the consumer electronics giants of east Asia in the last year. As you might expect, the continuing convergence of all sorts of p...
Cisco Systems wants to turn the enterprise data network into an electricity meter.
Drained by your commute? Blood-sucking utility bills got you down? Wondering if that tomato in your dinner salad was really organic?
Just a day after unleashing spam featuring Christmas strippers, the Storm botnet has switched gears and began duping users into infecting their own PCs by bombarding them with messages touting the new year, said security researchers.
The elegant minimalism of Google Inc.'s search engine is a huge reason for its unparalleled popularity.
Microsoft posted an automated fix Thursday for a week-old crippling problem with Internet Explorer, replacing a registry hack it had offered Wednesday.
Dutch police have broken a fraud ring which siphoned off money stolen from online accounts using real customers of the ABN AMRO bank hired for the purpose.
HarperTeen, an unit of HarperCollins Publishers, Friday announced a new partnership with MySpace that aims to create a community that lets teen readers connect, interact and create their own online content.
At the upcoming CES conference in Las Vegas, one company plans to demonstrate the ability to store half a terabyte of data on a DVD disc that is made of a polymer similar to Plexiglas.
Adobe Systems patched its Flash Player earlier this week, fixing nine critical vulnerabilities that hackers could use to attack Windows, Mac and Linux machines.
Apple has filed an updated application with the US Patent & Trademark Office for a product activation and anti-piracy technology that would give the company the same kind of control over its software as the oft-criticized Windows Genuine Advantage pl...
Microsoft's Silverlight rich-media player, which the software vendor has been touting heavily since last spring, has yet to win many customers away from Adobe Systems's market-leading Flash technology since it was released in September.
Developers of open-source Samba software will find their work a little easier thanks to an agreement with Microsoft, signed Thursday, that will give them access to previously secret data on how the Windows operating system works.
A popular Apple-centric rumor Web site has shut down as part of an out-of-court settlement with Apple Inc., but the lawyer representing the blog said Thursday that it was a win for his client and a loss for the company.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Google becomes first foreign internet company to launch service in Cuba
- German court upholds WhatsApp-Facebook data transfer ban
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW
- TPApplication Support EngineerQLD
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC