Claiming it has forged a new link for consumers who want to connect their TVs and PCs, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) announced Wednesday at Cebit it has designed a mix of technologies that solve the perennial challenge of converging the computer and t...
Nintendo legend Shigeru Miyamoto spoke to an audience at a packed convention room at San Francisco's Game Developers Conference last week.
The IEEE 802.11n Working Group this week approved draft 2.0 of the standard, paving the way for 100+Mbps wireless LAN products as early as the middle of this year.
The latest versions of Red Hat's Enterprise Linux 5 (RHEL5) operating system, unveiled Wednesday, offer long-awaited built-in virtualization capabilities from the open-source Xen project.
Apple Tuesday made up for Microsoft's patch sabbatical by releasing a security update that featured fixes for 45 vulnerabilities, a third of which addressed flaws first made public during a pair of bug-a-day projects in late 2006 and early this year....
Figures from UK payments association Apacs show UK online banking fraud increased from £23.2 million (AUD$57.1 million) in 2005 to £33.5 million (AUD$82.4 million) last year.
Microsoft plans to purchase Tellme Networks in an effort to bolster its voice services portfolio and add speech recognition to a broad range of its software and online services, the company said Wednesday.
Microsoft hopes that taking a page out of its old playbook can help the company cut into Google's thus-far insurmountable lead in the search market.
The German IT industry wants lawmakers to focus on copyright and fair competition, but not to regulate other aspects of the Internet.
Siemens Enterprise Communications is working with Nokia to polish the hand-over of voice calls between corporate wireless LANs and public mobile phone networks, a Siemens executive said Wednesday.
Microsoft Wednesday said it filed lawsuits against cybersquatters in the U.S. and the U.K. to stop them from illegally profiting from the misuse of intellectual property and Internet domain names using online ads.
A judge dismissed the criminal case against former Hewlett-Packard Chairman Patricia Dunn on Wednesday.
As Red Hat prepares to launch the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 operating system on Wednesday, the question is again being asked whether a robust and feature-laden operating system is really needed for some computing situations.
The European Parliament urged the European Commission Tuesday to propose a law that would force the dismantlement of the current method of distributing online copyright fees to songwriters and musicians in Europe.
Microsoft has released a major update to its server operating system designed to make the product more stable and secure.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
- HP sells PCs in a new way as it tries to speed up upgrades
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCTechnical BA - Networking/Infrastructure - Site RelocationNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA