Targeted attacks that utilize vulnerabilities in popular document file formats and execute via hard-to-find shell code are becoming an increasingly popular menace, according to researchers at IBM's Internet Security Systems division.
Another bug-a-day campaign surfaced Tuesday as the "Month of ActiveX Bugs" debuted. Although some researchers have already dismissed the project as copycat, others are warning its findings might put Windows users at risk of attack.
Firefox users are drawing on Dell's user-driven IdeaStorm site to push the computer maker to preinstall the open-source browser.
Google renamed and upgraded its Personalized Home Page this week, but one thing the update couldn't shake was a bug that began upsetting many users last Thursday and persisted until Wednesday.
Next-generation high-speed wireless handsets are getting closer to having improved upload speeds.
The head of IBM expects the company's small to midsize business (SMB) operation to become the vendor's biggest industry focus within a couple of years.
Popular news aggregation site, Digg.com has crashed after it opened up a Pandora's box of internet fury when it decided to censor users rather than face legal action from the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) for publishing a hacked key co...
Samsung Electronics has started mass producing flash memory chips that hold more data and work at higher speeds than competing chips, it said on Sunday.
Apple issued a patch on Tuesday to close the hole found by the winner of a recent hack-the-Mac contest.
Property group, McGrath Estate Agents, has developed Australia's first search criteria-based real estate podcast, allowing buyers to request properties based on their specific requirements which is then sent to their iPod.
The former head of Sony's game division and the man who brought the world the PlayStation, Ken Kutaragi, will look to harness the power of the network to tie together content in his next endeavour.
Google has rejected claims that it enables copyright infringement on its YouTube.com Web site, its first response to entertainment giant Viacom's US$1 billion lawsuit filed in March.
The creator of a popular Web server scripting language is so nervous about hackers stealing his personal information that he takes an unusual precaution: He launches a pair of browsers when he takes to the Internet.
Google has rooted out a scam that delivered malware via the search engine's AdWords advertising system, and even added extra sections to specific banking websites to gather additional information.
Responding to user pressure, Dell confirmed it will preinstall the Ubuntu distribution of the Linux operating system on some of its computers.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC