Taiwanese electronics company First International Computer (FIC) hopes to replicate the open nature of the PC in mobile phones with the debut of a smartphone running an open Linux-based mobile software platform developed by one of its product manager...
Trying to balance the cost-saving benefits of RFID with consumers' privacy concerns, IBM's Watson Research Center has developed a technology dubbed Clipped Tag.
Expect Amazon.com to continue building its suite of hosted IT infrastructure services for developers, as the planet's best known online retailer pushes into this new business, the company's Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos said Wednesday.
DRM (digital rights management) technology may actually be good for consumers because it could give them more choices for downloading or buying copyrighted content, some speakers at a U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) event said Wednesday.
Dell Tuesday gave freelance programmer and sysadmin Dave Mitchell, of Sheffield, UK, a refund of 47 pounds (AUD$116) for the unused copy of Microsoft Windows XP Home SP2 bundled with his new Dell Inspiron 640m laptop, Mitchell says. Dell also refunde...
Google accidentally sent out e-mail containing a mass mailing worm to about 50,000 members of an e-mail discussion list focused on its Google Video Blog, the company said Tuesday.
Microsoft today officially finished the Release to Manufacturing (RTM) version of its upcoming Windows Vista operating system, with its head of development admitting he's relieved that the much-delayed OS is finally ready to ship.
Apple Computer Wednesday announced upgraded MacBooks featuring a new generation of Intel processors that promise faster performance in the company's popular line of consumer-oriented laptops.
With the Playstation 3 delayed until March 2007, the Nintendo Wii is set to make a big splash in the video game market this holiday season. But mass merchant, Harvey Norman, won't be getting its hands wet after negotiations broke down between it and ...
Microsoft will spend more than US$440 million in licensing fees and sales and marketing costs over the next five years to keep up its end of the historic Linux agreement it made with Novell, according to U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission docume...
The PlayStation 3 won't hit store shelves until this weekend in Japan and next week in North America, but that hasn't stopped it already appearing on Internet auction sites.
Adobe Systems will contribute source code to the Mozilla Foundation as the two organizations aim to establish a standard scripting language that developers can use to create interactive applications for Adobe's Flash Player and Mozilla's Firefox brow...
Microsoft can now register top-level Internet domains. Last week, the company was added to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) list of accredited domain name registrars, according to <a href="http://www.dotandco.net/resour...
After winning over millions of consumers to its largely free Internet telephone services, Skype is preparing to go after businesses eager to reduce their telecommunication costs.
Microsoft will launch a new service later this month that allows customers to download movies and television programs through their Xbox 360 gaming consoles.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCSystem AnalystNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW