The debate is still on about why Apple decided to develop a version of its Safari browser for Windows.
Attracted by aggressive prices and the launch of Microsoft's Windows Vista OS, consumers purchased more notebooks during the first quarter than expected, pushing IDC to raise its 2007 PC industry forecast.
The most popular Web search engines rarely deliver the same results when identical queries are performed on each site, and the disparity has increased over the past two years, new research has found.
As much as 60 percent of the ink in inkjet cartridges is wasted when printers ask users to throw away half-full cartridges.
Linux is entering its second phase of growth, which will be defined by better cooperation among developers, new licensing options, and a stronger operating system, according the leaders of the nonprofit Linux Foundation.
Online consumers in the U.S. have had a million things to complain about. Literally.
Two people operating the Internet business Movies by Mail have been charged with one count of selling obscene material, including movies showing sexual acts with women dressed to look underage, the U.S. Department of Justice announced late Thursday.
Leaders of Microsoft's strategy to make its products more interoperable with competitive technologies said the company still hopes to strike a Linux pact with Red Hat similar to the partnerships it's forged with Linux vendors Novell, Xandros and Lins...
For a technology that's supposed to make computing easier, virtualization is becoming quite complicated.
Rivals may have been subdued last Monday when Apple CEO Steve Jobs debuted Safari for Windows, but a Mozilla executive blasted Jobs as "out-of-date" for thinking that the browser battle is between just Safari and Internet Explorer.
Developers have big plans for Gears, the Google browser plug-in designed to provide offline access to Web-hosted applications.
Microsoft has discontinued a line of digital photo software, saying that the functions can now be found in Windows Vista and other Microsoft software.
Shooting in low light situations can be a source of frustration. Kodak aims to mitigate that with its new image sensor technology, expected to be available in products in 2008.
Google will add a presentation application to its Google Apps lineup by year-end, and possibly could add other applications to that suite.
Symantec plans to integrate two of its compliance assessment products to make it easier for IT administrators to manage the software, a company executive said Thursday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nutanix gets hyperconverged with PernixData and Calm.io
- Sophisticated malware possibly tied to recent ATM heists in Thailand
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Facebook further automates trending topics, ditches human-written descriptions
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCInfra & Application Specialist/ Devops SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC