A serious flaw in how Firefox handles log-ons could be used by identity thieves to dupe users into disclosing passwords, a noted security researcher said Wednesday.
Pinnacle Systems Inc. Thursday unveiled Pinnacle Transfer Video, a mobile device capable of recording analog video onto iPods and other USB 2.0 storage devices without using PCs to copy files.
Microsoft will ease into the patch year by issuing just two security updates next week, the company said Thursday.
Asus will unveil a laptop that should satisfy the storage needs of all but the biggest of power users: the M70S comes with 1T byte of storage space.
Researchers at security gateway vendor Fortinet have uncovered an adware-distribution scheme being carried out on the Facebook social networking site considered to be the first attack propagated on the wildly popular online portal.
Hitachi has developed a 500GB hard-disk drive for laptop computers, due to be announced Thursday. The Travelstar 5K500, which is the highest capacity drive yet developed for portable PCs, is due to begin shipping in February and should go some way to...
New "ransomware" that locks up a person's PC and demands US$35 to return control to its user is on the prowl, a security researcher said this week.
AOL LLC Friday pulled the plug on Netscape Navigator, the Web browser that once owned the lion's share of the market and that was the focus of a landmark federal antitrust case against Microsoft Corp.
New rules will go into effect on Jan. 1 that prohibit air passengers in the U.S. from carrying spare lithium batteries in their checked baggage.
Microsoft Corp. product managers Friday claimed that a data corruption bug in Windows Home Server crops up only when the system is under an "extreme load," but also defended their decision to sound a general alarm before they had completed their inve...
Microsoft Corp. acknowledged on Dec. 18 that a software patch issued earlier in the month for Internet Explorer had crippled the Web browser for some users.
Within hours of the assassination of former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, malware makers exploited the breaking news to dupe users into downloading attack code, security researchers said Friday.
South Korean display screen maker Samsung said on Thursday it had developed a 31-inch ultra-thin organic screen, raising the stakes in an accelerating worldwide race for organic displays.
Panasonic has developed a Blu-ray Disc drive for laptop computers and plans to unveil it at January's Consumer Electronics Show, the company said Thursday.
People who received MP3 players as holiday gifts may want to steer clear of some Web sites that claim to offer legal music but don't have licensing agreements with major music labels, the Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT) said.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- CCChange AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTFinance AnalystNSW