A Florida county's refusal to purchase specialized voting machines that comply with handicap access laws has put it in the cross hairs of the state's attorney general and handicap rights groups.
IBM unveiled two new PowerPC chips Thursday at an event in Tokyo, one month after its primary customer for those chips announced plans to switch to Intel's processors.
How long can you expect your inkjet-printed photos to last? More and more photo inkjet papers are being touted as "fade resistant" and "archival safe," but experts say these marketing pitches don't always provide good information on how long it will ...
Online news sites in the U.K. took a hit Thursday as people hit the Internet for information about the terrorists attacks in London, according to Web performance monitoring companies AlertSite and Keynote Systems.
Microsoft is making a significant push to leverage its partner community to promote customer upgrades and new sales of its Office productivity suite, a company executive said Friday at Microsoft's Worldwide Partner Conference 2005 in Minneapolis.
Microsoft has unveiled changes to its licensing and financing programs in an effort to simplify how customers buy their software.
Some of the best Internet minds in the world met last week to discuss a wide range of methods to rid the Web of malicious traffic.
The European Commission announced Thursday that it wants to spur the growth of a Europewide market for online music services by making it easier for new providers to get licences to sell songs over the Internet.
Rambus has souped up its memory technology to let memory chips talk to graphics processors much more quickly than they do today. The technology should lead to better pictures from games consoles and high-end PCs, the company said Thursday.
Chinese personal computer maker Lenovo Group will leap to ninth place in the global chip purchasing ranks this year, thanks to its acquisition of IBM Corp.'s PC division, according to a market research group.
Lawyers in the trial of the Sasser computer worm author made their closing arguments on Thursday at the district court in Verden, Germany, with the court expected to deliver its verdict on Friday, according to a court spokeswoman.
Microsoft will release three software patches next Tuesday covering critical software flaws in its Windows operating system and Microsoft Office software suite. The company is also planning to release an updated version of its Windows Software Remova...
A patent granted to Microsoft this week hints at the invention of new technology for personalizing searches for online media, particularly music titles.
Unwired Australia has struck up an agreement with Allco Finance for a $15.7million secured loan to finance the Austar spectrum swap deal.
Intel and movie studio Revelations Entertainment have formed a company that hopes to offer new feature films over the Internet.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW