French telecommunications company Alcatel has signed a deal with Microsoft to help develop applications that allow users to make phone calls from their computers, it said Thursday.
Google has fixed a bug in its Web-based e-mail service, Gmail, that allowed users to read the contents of other people's messages.
Google is developing a desktop search tool designed for corporate use, several months after launching a similar tool for personal use that is free and still in test form. With this move, Google hopes to round out its desktop search push by addressing...
Apple Computer reported US$3.5 billion in revenue for the first quarter of its 2005 fiscal year on the strength of a huge increase in iPod sales during the holiday season, the company said Wednesday.
Sony will expand its Qualia line of products later this month with the addition of a video processing device that can improve the image quality of standard and high-definition images, the company announced Wednesday.
For people fed up with pecking out text messages on their mobile phone, Samsung Electronics may have an answer. The South Korean electronics maker has developed what it is calling the world's first mobile phones that can convert spoken words into tex...
The dawn of 64-bit Windows desktop computing is upon us. So say the likes of Advanced Micro Devices, Intel, and Microsoft. And this time, they really, really mean it.
Sharp will construct a new factory capable of handling the largest-ever sheets of glass used to make LCD (liquid crystal display) panels. The factory will help the company meet rising consumer demand for large-screen flat panel TVs while also driving...
Security researchers have discovered new security risks affecting media players from Apple Computer and Microsoft.
The volume of e-mail made up of spam has stabilized, according to figures from Symantec's Brightmail unit.
Yahoo on Tuesday became the latest search engine to provide a product for searching hard drives, following similar launches by rivals Google, Ask Jeeves and Microsoft.
The ongoing march towards high-definition video discs saw several new prototype players revealed last week at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
Apple Computer plans to attack the low-end of its primary markets this year with smaller versions of the Macintosh computer and the iPod music player, Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs said Tuesday at MacWorld.
A Brazilian virus writer has unleashed a new mobile phone virus, called Lasco.A, that is capable of spreading both through the short-range wireless Bluetooth technology and by attaching itself to files, according to the Finnish antivirus company F-Se...
Sydney Wi-Fi provider BigAir has launched a 10Mbps residential broadband service, the fastest in the country, but with a significant price tag attached.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT30 Tough camera
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- At Google I/O, no huge surprises but a honing of critical products
- The NSA reportedly tried -- but failed -- to use a Stuxnet variant against North Korea
- Google to Cardboard developers: Keep it short and simple, and watch out for nausea
- Italy's architectural elite moves to rub out crowdsourcing design site
- Silk Road mastermind Ulbricht sentenced
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW