McAfee on Monday announced it will deliver an updated version of ePolicy Orchestrator, its umbrella management console for McAfee security products, by the third quarter of this year.
EBay on Monday opened a beta program for a desktop application that makes shopping on the auction Web site easier, with new types of alerts and a browsing history feature.
'Stirling' package aimed at taking on rivals McAfee, Symantec
With Patch Tuesday coming up, spammers are sending out fake security updates with links to malicious Trojan software
If you're in any doubt that flash memory-based solid-state disks are on a course to quickly replace hard-disk drives in laptop computers, just take a look along the aisles of this year's Computex trade show.
The Mozilla Foundation said last week it has patched several serious security flaws in the popular Firefox browser, bugs that also affect the SeaMonkey browser and the Thunderbird e-mail application.
Fans of cross-platform computing and the "write-once-run-anywhere" concept of applications and software will want to take a look at <a href="http://www.openlina.com" target="_blank">LINA</a>. The open source software company plans to debut its eponym...
Latest Fedora release merges Fedora Core and Fedora Extra
When it comes to protecting the privacy of its users, Google ranks worse than any other Internet company, according to an interim report by Privacy International. The international watchdog group also accused Google of engaging in a smear campaign in...
Hackers are now using exploits that target Yahoo's instant messaging software, security vendors said today, making it critical that users patch the Windows program immediately.
Google used a 50-page white paper to spell out its claims that Microsoft's Windows Vista violates a 2002 antitrust settlement, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday.
Third-party software developers can create Web 2.0 applications to run on Apple's forthcoming iPhone, company CEO Steve Jobs said Monday.
Several antispam organizations have been targeted by an attempt to knock them offline, according to the SANS Institute.
Computers are getting smaller and functions that once required multiple chips will increasingly be combined or move to the processor. But Intel said one component is going to survive these changes: the chipset.
Symantec announced late Thursday a <a href=" http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/publicbeta/index.jsp" target="_blank">free public beta</a> for its new Norton AntiBot software that attempts to identify malware on a system by analyzing its behavio...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCWCAG 2.0 Accessibility TesterNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Advisor, Web and Social Media Channels- SEO & AnalyticsNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT