Microsoft Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer didn't mince his words when he wrote in a Wednesday memo to all Microsoft employees that noncommercial open source software, particularly the Linux operating system, was a "competitive challenge."
The Organization for Internet Safety (OIS) is wading more deeply into the murky waters of vulnerability disclosure, releasing a draft document that lays out best practices for reporting and responding to software security vulnerabilities.
Systems integrator Logical has teamed up with Cisco and real estate firm, Colliers International, to create Australia’s first commercial office with built-in wireless connectivity.
Broadband is finally showing signs of taking off in Australia as providers and industry analysts report significant growth in subscriptions to wireless, cable and ADSL services across the country. This is despite only 8 per cent of Internet users hav...
Senator Kate Lundy has formally called upon the ACCC to investigate Telstra for anti-competitive behaviour, following claims it rejected an application for ADSL services from a competitor through its wholesale division only to then approve the same a...
Two serious security flaws that could allow an attacker to take over a user's system exist in all current versions of Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) Web browser, including the one that ships with Windows Server 2003, Microsoft said Wednesday.
Palm on Wednesday announced its intention to buy Handspring in a deal that will expand Palm's presence in the market for converged devices that combine voice and data with traditional handhelds, according to executives and analysts.
In an effort to appease its disgruntled customer base after last year's Software Assurance licensing fiasco, Microsoft has unveiled a showbag of freebies that come into affect on September 1, but IT managers have already warned they can't be bought t...
The quick spread of the recent Sobig.C virus may owe more to the advances in spamming techniques than to the skill of an anonymous virus writer, according to a leading antivirus company.
Microsoft on Wednesday officially released the long-anticipated MSN 8, a version of the Internet service that boasts new spam -filtering features and enhanced parental controls.
Futuremark Corp., the developer of the benchmarking software 3DMark03, has retracted accusations of cheating it leveled against graphics chip vendor Nvidia Corp. over modified software drivers on Nvidia products. However, it remains opposed to Nvidia...
Hundreds of soccer playing robots will grab world attention next month at RoboCup 2003 in Padua, Italy, and Australia is poised to conquer the world again.
Apple, the company that likes to "Think Different," followed predictable thinking and disabled its playlist sharing feature in the latest release of the iTunes software.
Sonic Foundry Inc. unveiled the latest version of its Web conferencing system, Mediasite Live, which the company said brings unlimited browser-based presentations to enterprises at a lower cost than one-off services.
A potent new variety of the Sobig e-mail virus is spreading on the Internet, according to warnings from a number of leading antivirus companies.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Obama signs legislation allowing regulatory e-labels for smartphones, wearables
- WD TV (2014 Personal Edition) review: Big screen fun
- Pressure mounts in Europe for strict net neutrality
- Windows tablets available for under $100
- Use Uber? Snapchat? Google Maps? Now Twitter knows
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW