Apple will meet its October deadline for releasing Mac OS X "Leopard," the next edition of its operating system, an analyst said Monday. But its impact won't be close to that of 2005's Tiger, or Mac OS X 10.4.
The long march to the release of Windows Server 2008, aka Longhorn Server, continued on Monday, as Microsoft announced that it is making the first Release Candidate version of the upcoming operating system available for public download
Google Street View application, which has raise privacy concerns because of the street-level views of locations it provides, will respect the local laws of the countries wherever it is available, the company's privacy counsel said Monday in a company...
Dan Lohrmann, Michigan's chief information security officer, found out about the cyber sit-in from a reporter. It was Tuesday, May 15, 2007, and a group calling itself the Electronic Disturbance Theater asked Michigan residents to voice their opposit...
EMC may be set to close a US$76 million purchase of the Mozy online backup product from Berkeley Data Systems, according to a report on the TechCrunch blog.
Google is planning to build a fiber-optic cable under the Pacific Ocean to link its U.S. operations with Asia, according to a report in Communications Day, a telecom industry news and commentary site for Australia and Asia.
Hate Vista? If your PC is running Microsoft Windows Vista Business or Windows Ultimate and you're fed up with the OS you may be able to ditch Vista for XP Pro. Microsoft is quietly allowing you to downgrade to Windows XP Pro.
Check Point Software Monday unveiled a beta of ZoneAlarm ForceField, surfing security software that runs Internet Explorer (IE) and Firefox in a virtualized environment to keep threats such as drive-by downloads at arm's length.
Microsoft has released a beta of Windows Vista Service Pack 1, a long-awaited reliability and performance update, to an invitation-only group of testers.
Microsoft has approached Facebook in recent weeks proposing an investment that would give Microsoft a stake of up to 5 percent in the popular social-networking company, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.
Samsung has made a surprise charge in the printer-based laser multifunction device (MFD) category, according to market analysts at IDC.
Fox Studios will be offering seven premiere TV shows for free download via Apple's iTunes service.
See LG's latest fashion phone, the KE850. Not to be outdone by Apple's iPhone, this is a full touch screen interface phone developed with the help of Italian fashion giant Prada.
Days before its release, a pirated copy of Halo 3 makes its way to the Internet for illegal download.
Take home a Crucial® MX300 Solid State Drive this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)NSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS