Google will soon begin selling video advertisements on the Web, opening a new front in its battle for a bigger slice of the online advertising market.
The computer scientist credited with inventing the World Wide Web on Tuesday strongly condemned moves by US broadband providers to control their subscribers' content, saying it threatens the Internet's greatest strength: openness.
The social networking site MySpace didn't exist three years ago, yet today it is one of the world's most popular, embraced mostly by teenagers and young adults who find it irresistible.
In an unprecedented move, Microsoft Tuesday simultaneously released beta versions of its three major upcoming software releases -- Windows Vista, Office 2007 and Windows Server, code-named Longhorn.
Microsoft Tuesday unveiled new programs and technologies to allow partners to prepare products to run on Windows Vista once it is available.
Samsung Electronics will next month launch two portable computers that use flash memory in place of a hard-disk drive for data storage, the company said Tuesday.
Internode is approaching the last hurdle of an Australian Communications Industry Forum (ACIF) approval that, once finalized, will allow the Internet service provider to double broadband upload speeds.
The long-awaited Q smart phone from Motorola debuted Monday, nearly half a year late and facing tough competition from the likes of Research In Motion's BlackBerry.
Music fans who bought CD's with Sony BMG Music Entertainment's controversial XCP copy control software are going to get refunds.
Microsoft is starting up trials of pay-as-you-go PCs in underdeveloped nations as a way to give residents of those countries more access to low-cost computers.
Despite some predictions that World Cup soccer fever could send prices of LCD TVs higher this month, the screen component just got cheaper, a trend that should continue to make products more affordable to users.
Mitsubishi Electric has been contacted by U.S. Department of Justice investigators looking into price fixing in the computer memory market, the Japanese company said Monday.
Zfone, a free piece of software that encrypts voice over IP calls in a way that may circumvent government eavesdropping laws in some countries, is now available to Windows users, its developer said on Sunday.
Skype is advising users to upgrade to a more recent version of its VoIP software to fix a security bug reported late last week by a security researcher in New Zealand.
Microsoft acknowledged on Friday problems with its most recent beta release of Windows Live Mail, the company's revamp of the Hotmail hosted e-mail service.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCCRM Change Lead, OrganisationalNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW