Intel is working with dozens of movie, music, and game providers around the world to ensure their services work with the living room PC concept embodied by its upcoming Viiv brand, scheduled to be launched early next year.
Shipments of Sony Computer Entertainment's (SCEI) PlayStation 2 games console passed the 100 million mark on Tuesday, the company said Wednesday.
If enough customers ask for it, Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI) may add support for text content served via an RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed to its PlayStation Portable (PSP) gaming console, the company said Wednesday.
Even if mobile TV is still in its infancy and poses numerous technical and legal hurdles, major production studios don't want to miss out on the action.
Microsoft is warning Internet Explorer users to be careful where they browse because attackers are now targeting a critical unpatched bug in the software. If successful, these attackers could possibly use this bug to seize control of a user's system,...
Taiwanese memory chipmaker, Nanya Technology, plans to break ground on its first advanced 300mm (12-inch) chip factory in the first quarter of next year, with an initial investment of between NT$40 billion ($US1.2 billion) and NT$50 billion.
Sun Microsystems said Wednesday that it will offer all its core software products as open-source, making all of its middleware, management and Java development tools free to use. The move follows Sun's decision last year to offer Solaris as open-sour...
Yahoo is adding an RSS reader to its new Web mail service, which is in test, or beta, version and available to a limited number of users. The Sunnyvale, California company plans to announce the new feature on Wednesday.
Growth in the global chip market next year will outpace that of 2005, which has already been far better than expected, as spending in telecommunications and IT markets drives chip revenue up 8 percent to more than US$240 billion, market researcher ID...
Dyad Securit on Wednesday posted an advisory about a potentially serious flaw in the open-source scripting language Perl but some security experts say they find the vulnerability unlikely.
Apple has warned that the Mac OS X operating system contains 13 security flaws, some of them highly serious. The company issued a cumulative patch for the bugs on Wednesday.
A researcher has claimed that increased support for RSS (Really Simple Syndication) in browsers could lead to a marked increase in botnet worm attacks.
Microsoft has invited consumers to test the latest beta version of its Windows OneCare Live security service, the company announced late on Tuesday.
Microsoft is accelerating the development of the next version of its Windows client OS and plans to test a feature-complete version by early next year, a lead on the Windows Vista development team said Tuesday.
Software startups at an industry event Tuesday received a clear message from the venture capital community and Microsoft: Do not automatically look to Microsoft as a rainmaker.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Developers getting more help with heterogenous processors
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW