The 19-hour blackout of the Microsoft servers that identify copies of Windows XP and Vista as legitimate or counterfeit shows that serious flaws exist in the process and raises questions about the reliability of Microsoft's services, analysts said Mo...
Intel has released an upgraded version of its vPro bundle of automated PC management features and claims the new package delivers better IT security than the original product launched last year.
Reporters Without Borders criticized the Chinese government for what the press advocacy group considers a move to end anonymous blogging in the communist country.
Yahoo will close an almost two-year public test for its new version of Yahoo Mail on Monday with several new enhancements, as the Sunnyvale, California, Internet giant boosts this Webmail service that is key to both its usage and advertising growth.
Google will do better in China, but don't look for the company to dominate the market anytime soon, the company's top executive said Thursday.
University students may be encouraged to be critical but they don't seem to question Google's ranking system, according to a recent study published in the Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication.
The Tasmanian Ambulance Service (TAS) will procure some 70 rugged notebook computers over four years to facilitate the migration off its paper-based patient care reporting process to a new electronic system.
With a 50-year collection of photos, videos, films and other material, NASA's archives from manned and unmanned space missions is almost as vast as outer space.
A majority of IT managers believe the mobile workforce makes their enterprise networks more susceptible to malware and other threats, according to a new survey.
Analysts have applauded Wal-Mart Stores's new "Roommate Style Match" group on Facebook.com, created to help college roommates link up online to coordinate back-to-school purchases at the retailer. However, most of the 100-plus comments posted on the ...
Yahoo will shut down Yahoo Photos, one of its two photo-sharing sites, and focus all its efforts on its other photo-sharing site, Flickr.
Sun continues to work on the Java Kernel, the idea of which is to provide a subset of the Java Runtime Environment tuned to particular programs.
Server-load balancing is on the up, according to analysts at the Dell'Oro Group. The segment jumped 15 percent on revenues last quarter to a record US$264 million (AU$319.7) worldwide - equivalent to over US$1 billion a year.
In a reversal, the American representative to the ISO standards body is now tentatively supporting the approval of Microsoft's Office Open XML document format as an open standard this year.
Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. (MEI) will cover the direct costs of a battery recall affecting 46 million Nokia mobile phones, which could be as high as US$172 million (AU$209 million).
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCField EngineerVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle/PL/SQL) 160930/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW