Microsoft's Popfly technology for building mashups is now available in a public beta that allows users to publish applications built on it directly to the popular Facebook social-networking site.
The Canonical-backed Ubuntu open source community chalked up another milestone today with the release of version 7.10 of its flagship Linux operating system with a swag of user-friendly updates, but its real test will be how well it is adopted by non...
Oracle released its latest critical patch update on Wednesday, fixing 51 vulnerabilities in a range of products, including its flagship database line.
Exploding data growth on college campuses, driven by rich media, virtual classrooms and fast-growing e-mail files, is forcing IT managers to quickly find ways to quickly boost storage capacity.
In the second part of our look at important network-access control issues, we take a look at important questions surrounding Cisco, NAC implementation and NAC policies.
Noted hacker HD Moore has publicly posted exploits that take advantage of a vulnerability in Apple's iPhone, the same flaw that's been used by others to unlock the smart phone so it will work on non-AT&T networks.
The hackers behind the pernicious, persistent Storm Trojan are getting ready to slice off pieces of the botnet created by their malware so that they can "sell" the compromised computers to spammers and denial-of-service attackers, a researcher said t...
BlueCat Networks Tuesday announced it had equipped its IP address management platform with the ability to manage Microsoft Windows DNS and DHCP servers.
Despite Microsoft's grand pronouncements that its unified communications launch signals a revolution in the way corporate workers interact, users and experts alike say the conversion will be a slow evolution that includes careful planning, budgeting ...
The wireless revolution sweeping consumer electronics has manufacturers of devices that need long life from a small battery struggling to find a complementary wireless technology. Makers of sensors for sports, health and fitness are in this camp, whi...
As technology continues to evolve, so do malicious attacks that are often associated with the Internet. According to some industry insiders, Canadians aren't aware of or taking these problems and attacks seriously enough.
Virtual Iron (VI) has announced that IBM and HP will be bundling its Xen-based virtualization system with their server hardware.
Backup volumes in many organizations have grown so large they are causing business disruption by tying up systems, storage, and network capacity and hogging valuable IT resources, according to a recent survey commissioned by storage management softwa...
Online retailer Overstockoutlet has recalled some of its bicycles and withdrawn them from sale following a notice by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) that they contravened product safety standards.
Nortel said Dell will offer its North American customers all of Nortel's enterprise products and services, including those developed under an alliance with Microsoft.
In recent years there have been fundamental shifts in how digital documents are handled, and now the expectation is that people will be able to do much more with them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCAgile CoachWA
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- CCTest LeadVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Transformation projectsSA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other