Microsoft said supposedly pirated copies of its new Vista computer operating system (OS) "will be of limited value" to those who use them.
Microsoft's fledgling consumer anti-virus service, Windows Live OneCare, wrongly identified Google's Gmail service as a virus infection last week, Microsoft has admitted.
In its annual review of the worst security problems spotted for the year, the SANS Institute Wednesday cited zero-day attacks and human gullibility in falling victim to phishing scams or other social engineering tricks as among the most dismal trends...
As expected, Microsoft's Office Live hosting service for small businesses emerged from beta Wednesday with a test version of a new service that allows users to purchase online advertising for Microsoft's search engines.
Mozilla fired a shot back at Microsoft in the browser war's latest battle this week, using a company-sponsored study to claim the antiphishing filter in Firefox 2 more accurately flags potential phishing attacks than the one in Internet Explorer 7.
Twenty-seven people and three corporations face charges related to operating an illegal online gambling operation in indictments announced Wednesday by the Queens District Attorney's Office and the New York City Police Department.
The CSIRO has had an early win in a US court case to be paid royalties for its wireless network technology for which it was granted a US patent in 1996.
Microsoft plans to extend the wireless capability of its new Zune devices to PCs and the company's Xbox 360 game console, according to Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates.
MessageLabs has continued its push into the SMB sector by partnering with Telstra to provide a spam and phishing filtering bundle with the telco's newly announced Business Broadband plans.
The Federal Court of Australia has found ISP, Dataline.net.au Pty Ltd, guilty of misleading and deceptive conduct against customers.
Imagine coming home after a long day of work; too tired to consider anything besides your favourite sitcom and sleep, you set down your laptop bag by the door, carelessly empty your pockets onto the coffee table, tuck a wirelessly powered LCD TV unde...
A team of CSIRO scientists have answered the prayers of air guitar aficionados everywhere; they've created a T-shirt that actually plays face-melting guitar solos with the simple strum of your arm.
Microsoft Tuesday announced it has filed a complaint against Nevada-based ERG Ventures, the same company the U.S. Federal Trade Commission took action against for secretly loading malevolent software onto millions of computers.
Microsoft has issued six security updates, fixing critical bugs in Windows components ranging from Internet Explorer to the Microsoft NetWare client service.
Microsoft's competitor to Apple Computer's iPod will hit US retail shelves as expected on Tuesday, ensuring at least one of Microsoft's major product releases this year will be available to consumers in time for the busy Christmas shopping season. Ho...
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
- NBN set to hit 1 million connections
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pro review: This feature-packed 15-inch laptop makes a few compromises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA