Intel may be getting all the press with its Intel Developer Forum, but AMD has jumped on YouTube to claim some of the air-space back.
Nokia hopped onto the convergence phone bandwagon today with its Nokia 6301 handset which can handover a live cell phone call from a carrier's cellular network to a WiFi network. The ability to initiate or receive calls using a cell phone on a WiFi n...
Lexmark has launched a new managed print service, TotalCare, designed specially for the SMB market. The offering has been made available through a new web portal - www.mylexmark.com.au
In just three years, the bytes of data generated by businesses IT systems and devices, as well as digital cameras and mobile phones, will equal the number of grains of sand on the world's beaches, so says analyst house IDC.
When the APEC summit came to Australia this year, it posed some difficult software problems for the APEC Taskforce's IT department.
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) opened Japan's biggest computer gaming event on Thursday with a keynote speech that promised a new PlayStation 3 controller and expansion of its PlayStation 2 business, but not an anticipated price cut.
Presenters at RFID World in Boston Wednesday focused on using second-generation active and passive radio frequency identification tags to provide advanced security and authentication, as well as ways to broaden the reach of the technology.
Demand for Apple's just-launched iPod range has been high with ongoing stock shortages expected in the reseller channel.
Domain name registrar, TPP Internet, has acquired Queensland-based Google adword advertising outfit, Hot Goanna, for an undisclosed sum.
IT departments that recognize and embrace the increasing commoditization of collaboration and communication tools within the enterprise will ultimately reap productive employees, said a Google exec.
After canceling its controversial Foleo product and continuing to struggle with a shift away from the personal digital assistant market, Palm warned on Wednesday that its upcoming earnings report could be weaker than expected.
Hackers can wield malicious Windows Media Player files to exploit any unpatched Internet Explorer (IE) vulnerability on a PC -- even if the user relies on Firefox, Opera or some other Web browser, a UK security researcher said yesterday.
Negropontes' people's PC is solely aimed at schoolchildren and if they give it thumbs down the large-scale project won't succeed -- no matter what kind of conclusions experts and theoretical thinkers can come up with.
Attack code that targets Yahoo Messenger has been published on the Internet, a security researcher warned Wednesday, marking the ninth exploit aimed at the popular instant messaging software so far this year.
During the last 24 hours Computerworld in Denmark has been a member of a small and very exclusive club.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCTraining Coordinator - Sydney CBD (Urgent!!)NSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- FTProduct LeadVIC