Xerox researchers are developing a way to change the colors in a computer document using natural language commands such as "make the background carnation pink" or "make the blues slightly less purple."
More types of Microsoft's Zune music players are in the works, but some analysts are unsure whether new form factors or functions will significantly boost Zune's popularity.
<a href="http://www.necam.com" target="_blank">NEC America</a> has introduced a virtual-desktop computing package designed to support demanding PC-quality graphics on thin client desktops.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Monday announced three new hard-disk drives aimed at improving storage capacity, performance and power consumption.
Sony has launched of its first Sony Memory Stick PRO-HG media card, which it will begin shipping in August 2007. The Memory Stick PRO-HG is an extended format of the Memory Stick PRO format, offering high performances to meet the stringent demands of...
An independent developer has created a free plug-in for the open-source MySQL database that lets users inexpensively store their data on Amazon.com's Web storage service, S3.
The U.S. Army's Communications Electronics Research & Development Engineering Center (CERDEC) will spend several months evaluating Mobile WiMax for possible military use, according to Samsung Electronics Co., which is supplying the equipment.
Less than a week after the latest Ubuntu Linux release - version 7.04 "Feisty Fawn" - users are already crying out for driver support to rival that for Windows in the next release.
Ken Kutaragi, the man who led Sony into the game console business, will step down as chairman and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI), the company said late Thursday.
Nintendo reported a big increase in sales and profit for its financial year just ended, although sales of its smash-hit Wii console missed their target by a whisker.
The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) group said Thursday that it had raised the price for its hundred-dollar laptop to US$175, but were still confident they would collect enough orders to begin volume production by September.
IP communications company, Mitel Networks, plans to acquire Inter-Tel for $US732 million.
Ken Kutaragi, the man who led Sony into the game console business, will step down as chairman and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI), the company said late Thursday.
New browser-based application technologies are opening new security holes, warned SPI Dynamics as it launched a re-engineered version of its SOA/Web 2.0 security testing software WebInspect this week.
One Seattle company using a new site optimization service from Google, introduced in beta to select users in October and to all AdWords customers earlier this month, is already seeing improvements on its site.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC