The launch of the consumer version of Windows Vista, Microsoft's new operating system, could be pushed back past the stated January launch date, according to Microsoft CEO, Steve Ballmer.
Microsoft and NEC have signed a patent cross-licensing agreement covering IT and networking technology, the companies said Wednesday.
Microsoft is advising people to run its Word application in "safe mode" to help guard against a Trojan program that surfaced recently, although security experts on Wednesday said there still appears little cause for alarm.
StopBadware.org (<a href="http://www.stopbadware.com">http://www.stopbadware.com</a>), the organization dedicated to highlighting software that consumers might prefer to avoid, Wednesday added another round of software programs to its "Badware Watch ...
Microsoft will let vendors include Windows Live voice services on mobile devices through a new toolkit that will be available in the next few months.
In a bid to encourage the mobile phone industry to standardize on a single Web browser, Nokia on Wednesday released the source code for the mobile phone Web browser it developed last year.
A former assistant superintendent at a Michigan school has been arrested, along with his wife, on charges of fraud involving US$7.3 million obtained from a US government program intended to help schools and libraries connect to the Internet, the US D...
A promised crackdown on pirated mobile downloads will give mobile content provider Jamster a needed boost in China, the company's top executive said Wednesday.
Nike is putting the world's most popular music player to work in a system designed for its latest athletic shoes that tells runners the distance and time they've covered in their daily jog.
Microsoft plans to unveil the latest test version of its Windows Live Local online mapping and local search service, which now tells users how traffic is flowing along specific routes and integrates with the company's Outlook application, Microsoft o...
The newly created .mobi Internet domain for mobile device sites is shaping up to be a pretty entertaining place, if you're 10 years old.
Flush with success from sealing a deal with Warner Bros to have some of its movies sold using its Internet file sharing software, BitTorrent has turned its sights on China.
There will soon be a day of reckoning for the rising inventories of semiconductors globally, but chip makers are likely to take the brunt of the pain, an IDC researcher said Tuesday.
German investigators charged 3,500 people with illegal music sharing, in the biggest single sweep of its kind, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) said Tuesday.
Thirty-five percent of the packaged software installed on PCs worldwide in 2005 was pirated, the same percentage as in 2004, according to a study released Tuesday by the Business Software Alliance (BSA).
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW