Laptops aren't the only computers slated to get support for WiMax next year.
Intel will detail its future Moorestown platform for ultramobile PCs this week, even though the chips won't be available until 2009.
Intel plans to show ultramobile PC devices based on its upcoming Menlow chip platform running Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR) and the Ubuntu Linux distribution at the Intel Developer Forum this week.
Cisco Systems's highly publicised cooperation with Microsoft on unified communications will focus on sharing presence information as well as on voice mail, Web conferencing and other areas, a Cisco executive said.
Acer's planned US$710 million acquisition of U.S. PC vendor Gateway won antitrust approval in the U.S. as the clock struck midnight Monday, Gateway said.
Prince has a right to protect his copyright, but he may be doing himself a disservice in suing Internet services such as You-Tube, says the Australian Digital Alliance (ADA).
IBM's move to develop its own suite of productivity applications to compete with Microsoft's Office software is part of a larger war the two companies are waging in the market for employee collaboration applications.
Microsoft has begun shipping Office PerformancePoint Server 2007, which it said will allow companies to use a single tool to monitor, analyse and plan business operations.
New user profile features are set to be added to Digg.com Wednesday, marking the first in a series of new social networking capabilities that will be added to the site. Officials said the new capabilities will let Digg.com users better interact and s...
Google is testing a new interactive ad format to give advertisers new ways to reach users online.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration has made new higher-resolution images and maps of the moon as well as multimedia content available on Google's Moon Web site.
Programs covering the full range of hacking software, from Trojans to keyloggers to step-by-step tutorials on how to effectively hack Web sites and personal information have now entered auction house eBay, raising the concern of one security company.
Alaska Airlines has announced that it will test a high-speed satellite wireless Internet service on its aircraft next year. The airline will be the first carrier in the US to offer such a service, and if the test is successful, will implement it onto...
The recent legal proceedings brought against Whirlpool forum creator, Simon Wright, by the business and accounting software company 2Clix, appears to be on the cusp of being withdrawn.
Mozilla spun off its Thunderbird e-mail client into a new for-profit subsidiary on Monday and seeded the unnamed company with $US3 million in start-up money, the open-source developer announced.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- CCTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Immediate Start - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerVIC
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD