Security vendors, Symantec and McAfee, may soon find Microsoft competing with them in a new market.
Customer concerns over changes to Windows Vista licensing that limited a transfer of the license to only one machine have inspired Microsoft to revise the OS' licensing policy.
The four-day United Nations-sponsored Internet Governance Forum (IGF) was heavy on talk, light on action -- in line with its mandate to give interested parties a global stage to express their views on the future of the Internet.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer hosted a press conference in San Francisco yesterday, presumably to announce the company has completed Vista and Office 2007.
Symantec has announced an updated version of its Mobile AntiVirus software to protect Windows-based smart phones and mobile handsets based on Windows Mobile 5.0 and the earlier Windows Mobile 2003.
Yahoo Thursday introduced video Web sites in France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
Spammers are co-opting the top-level domains (TLDs) of obscure island nations as a new tactic to avoid spam filters, according to McAfee.
A second minor bug found in the Firefox 2.0 Web browser will be fixed, but users shouldn't encounter much of a problem in the mean time, a Mozilla official said Thursday.
A dealer of used tube and pipe equipment filed a lawsuit this week hoping to strip YouTube of its domain name.
Google has translated the private-label e-mail, instant messaging, telephony and calendaring services it offers Web site operators into 17 new languages.
Google plans to improve access to Gmail via cell phones with an application that enhances its performance and interface in mobile devices.
The security of Apple Computer's wireless drivers is under scrutiny again, thanks to a new hacker project.
Symantec Wednesday announced support for Microsoft Windows Vista in its next generation of Backup Exec, Ghost Solution Suite and AntiVirus software.
Dell launched its first notebook PC powered by a processor from Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) instead of an Intel chip.
Shareholders of Engin have given the green light to the Seven Network's bid for a $26 million, 33 percent stake in the broadband telephony company.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC