Apple quietly upgraded its MacBook laptop line last week to the same "Santa Rosa" Intel chip set used in the higher-priced MacBook Pro, but it didn't change the basic configurations or pricing.
Macrovision patched a critical bug in the update service software it licenses to third-party developers as a researcher warned users to expect attacks.
A committee of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) , the organization that manages the Internet domain name system, has decided to leave the WHOIS database as it is, at least for now.
Online privacy policies need to be easier to understand and more conspicuous because few people now actually read them, said panelists at a U.S. Federal Trade Commission workshop on targeted online advertising.
Although telcos are used to being the only major players for voice services, they'll soon have to change their business models to compete with such upstarts as Skype and Google, said panelists at this week's VON conference in Boston.
Serena Software plans to release Serena Prototype Composer this week, a free tool intended to make it easy to prototype business applications.
Every single move you make online can, and often is, tracked by online marketers and advertising networks that gather and use the information for serving up targeted advertisements.
A University of Maryland researcher has come up with a method that he says could one day be used by companies to build nanoscale computer and mobile phone components faster and less expensively.
After being turned down earlier this year, it seems that MetroPCS is calling off its proposed marriage with Leap Wireless for good.
As many as one in six PCs may have active spyware or malware infections.
An IT manager at Intel says that the company wants to run its data centers "like an Intel factory," a strategy that includes a plan to consolidate 133 existing IT facilities into eight data center hubs.
IBM has announced a program that will make it possible for its customers to document server energy savings -- and even trade them for cash, if they want, on emerging carbon markets.
As if there weren't enough patent lawsuits flying around the telecommunications industry, Wi-LAN announced last week it has filed suit against 22 companies.
The Beijing Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games' (BOCOG's) plans for a "high-tech" 2008 Olympics got off to a rocky start last week, when the online ticketing system for the games crashed under a crush of visitors shortly after tickets went on...
For the first time, Advanced Micro Devices made the top 10 list of worldwide chip suppliers because of strong semiconductor sales in the third quarter of this year.
With a wide variety of digital devices available at our finger tips today, more and more people are suffering from eyestrain. Find out how Essilor Eyezen™ can help keep your sight safe and remove eye fatigue.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- Alphabet's Waymo raises stakes in self-driving race with Uber lawsuit
- Stop using SHA1: It’s now completely unsafe
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Telefonica-Sigfox deal is a big win for diverse IoT networks
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTChange Manager - Large Transition ProjectNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTDeveloper - Java/J2EEQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD