Microsoft is advising people to run its Word application in "safe mode" to help guard against a Trojan program that surfaced recently, although security experts on Wednesday said there still appears little cause for alarm.
StopBadware.org (<a href="http://www.stopbadware.com">http://www.stopbadware.com</a>), the organization dedicated to highlighting software that consumers might prefer to avoid, Wednesday added another round of software programs to its "Badware Watch ...
Microsoft will let vendors include Windows Live voice services on mobile devices through a new toolkit that will be available in the next few months.
In a bid to encourage the mobile phone industry to standardize on a single Web browser, Nokia on Wednesday released the source code for the mobile phone Web browser it developed last year.
A former assistant superintendent at a Michigan school has been arrested, along with his wife, on charges of fraud involving US$7.3 million obtained from a US government program intended to help schools and libraries connect to the Internet, the US D...
A promised crackdown on pirated mobile downloads will give mobile content provider Jamster a needed boost in China, the company's top executive said Wednesday.
Nike is putting the world's most popular music player to work in a system designed for its latest athletic shoes that tells runners the distance and time they've covered in their daily jog.
Microsoft plans to unveil the latest test version of its Windows Live Local online mapping and local search service, which now tells users how traffic is flowing along specific routes and integrates with the company's Outlook application, Microsoft o...
The newly created .mobi Internet domain for mobile device sites is shaping up to be a pretty entertaining place, if you're 10 years old.
Flush with success from sealing a deal with Warner Bros to have some of its movies sold using its Internet file sharing software, BitTorrent has turned its sights on China.
There will soon be a day of reckoning for the rising inventories of semiconductors globally, but chip makers are likely to take the brunt of the pain, an IDC researcher said Tuesday.
German investigators charged 3,500 people with illegal music sharing, in the biggest single sweep of its kind, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) said Tuesday.
Thirty-five percent of the packaged software installed on PCs worldwide in 2005 was pirated, the same percentage as in 2004, according to a study released Tuesday by the Business Software Alliance (BSA).
Google will soon begin selling video advertisements on the Web, opening a new front in its battle for a bigger slice of the online advertising market.
The computer scientist credited with inventing the World Wide Web on Tuesday strongly condemned moves by US broadband providers to control their subscribers' content, saying it threatens the Internet's greatest strength: openness.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW