Microsoft's just-previewed Sync Framework is a "completely different animal" from Google's Gear browser plug-in, the company countered, rejecting comparisons between its synchronization-building tools and Google's offline application add-on and APIs.
A founder of security start-up WabiSabiLabi was among those arrested by Milan police in connection with an ongoing spying scandal at Telecom Italia, according to published reports.
An Australian researcher claims he has come up with a way to boost broadband speeds on ordinary ADSL lines by up to ten times.
Organizers of the 2008 Olympics gave up on plans for online ticket sales Monday, admitting defeat after a crush of eager buyers crashed the ticketing system last week.
Microsoft Monday said it would patch a vulnerability in third-party anti-piracy software bundled with Windows after it acknowledged that hackers are already exploiting the bug.
Physicists at the University of California, Berkeley, have built the world's smallest radio out of single carbon nanotube one ten-thousandth the width of a human hair.
In a bid to beef up counterterrorism, the European Commission Tuesday proposed rules allowing authorities easier access to the databases of Internet service providers, and a system of vetting air passengers entering and leaving the European Union.
Microsoft is positioning its upcoming Windows Server 2008 operating system as a bonanza that, for Web hosting companies, stacks up well against the rival Linux platform, Microsoft officials said.
Google's introduction of its Android device operating system and Open Handset Alliance on Monday could help create just the breed of mobile Linux platform that many enterprise IT managers have been waiting for, industry experts contend.
The fate of a Linux visionary who is charged with murder will be decided in a trial starting Tuesday in Oakland, California, while the fate of the file system he created remains left in the hands of an open-source community rapidly losing interest in...
Phones built with Google's Android operating system may suffer from a lack of interoperability, and enterprise IT executives will probably be wary about supporting multiple devices built with the much-hyped software platform, says Ken Dulaney, a Gart...
Microsoft Monday said Visual Studio 2008 would ship by the end of November, along with the .Net Framework 3.5.
ESET Australia has announced it is offering Australian owners of antivirus suites a free cross grade to its new Smart Security product.
Samsung Electronics is moving towards commercialization of solid-state disk drives (SSDs) that use the high-speed SATA II interface, the company said this week.
Motorola has started testing 3G (third-generation) femtocells in Europe, a technology that should help to improve indoor reception and reduce at-home calling costs for 3G users.
Does your laptop environment live up to expectations? Read a user’s experience and discovery.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SHA-1 collision can break SVN code repositories
- Google is giving away a Chromecast with the Google Home
- SK Telecom pushes for interoperable quantum crypto systems
- Facebook's Telecom Infra Project is a year old
- Cog Systems offers more secure version of HTC A9 smartphone
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- TPAPS6/EL1 Database Modelling SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- FTSalesforce AdministratorQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CCData Engineer (Java/ Data/ Big Data Developer)VIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD