Intel Wednesday unveiled its Ultra Mobile platform, also known as McCaslin, designed for ultramobile PCs and other handheld devices, and outlined plans for increased Linux support and a new chip for ultramobile PCs due in 2008.
Microsoft, as part of its outreach to the open-source community, has released a new official Windows Media Player plug-in for Firefox 2.0 that resolves problems with the older one.
Talk about new desktop operating systems may be at an all-time high, but the Queensland state government has no intention to progress from the six-year-old Windows XP for more than 100,000 computers to be purchased over the next three years.
AOL on Tuesday unveiled five new online programs in support of its revamped strategy to focus on deriving advertising revenue from original content served up on its AOL.com portal.
Finjan Software Tuesday joined the ranks of vendors offering free site security-ranking services by unveiling SecureBrowsing, a plug-in for Internet Explorer and Firefox that warns users of risky Web sites.
Yahoo and eBay's PayPal have teamed up to attach a special icon to online merchants that advertise with Yahoo and offer PayPal's Express Checkout transaction processing.
Increasing use of Firefox throughout Europe suggests that the browser battles aren't quite over, but may be headed for a slow-moving tug-of-war, according to a recent survey and analysts.
Despite Microsoft's plan to phase out OEM shipments of Windows XP in a bid to push customers to Vista, Australian IT managers said they are sticking with the older operating system even if the software giant pulls support.
Sun Microsystems and Fujitsu are introducing new servers Tuesday that they jointly developed, while another server maker, Hitachi, is unveiling new blade servers. They each aim to address buyers' dual needs for computing power and energy efficiency.
Microsoft will phase out Windows XP as an installation option for brand-name computer makers faster than it has any other operating system, but an analyst Tuesday said it probably wasn't a decision made to pump up Vista revenues at XP's expense.
In their current form, botnets are bad enough, but they are quickly evolving into a much tougher species to kill, according to security researchers.
Google plans to take another swipe at Microsoft's Office suite of tools by adding presentation software to its Google Docs Web-based tools for word processing, e-mail and spreadsheets.
Intel has posted a profit of $US1.6 billion for the first quarter, a rise of 19 per cent over that quarter last year, thanks to reduced personnel costs after recent layoffs and a $300 million tax reversal.
It's not clear what gets discussed during McKinsey & Co.'s weekly internal communication meeting, but the dial-in number and passcode for the event can be easily found by searching with Google.
Amazon.com's Web services business isn't profitable, but it's growing very rapidly and the company expects it to make money eventually, Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bezos said Monday.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- FTServicenow DeveloperVIC
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC