Facing a market glut of microprocessors and weak corporate demand for PCs running Microsoft's new Windows Vista OS, Intel hopes to stay profitable by producing new chip designs faster than its competitors, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said Monday.
A start-up company called Collaborall is offering a free online tool for sharing and editing spreadsheets created in Microsoft Excel.
Emano Tec didn't just build its new tablet computer for healthcare workers based on the ideas of a bunch of techies and business people. It got second, third and additional opinions from doctors and CIOs.
A trio of vendors are adding or extending their wireless products for location services and tracking.
Security researcher Joanna Rutkowska has demonstrated several methods that sophisticated rootkits can use to hide from even the most reliable detection method currently available -- hardware-based products that read a system's RAM.
Microsoft threatened to dump the Macintosh version of Office 10 years ago during talks with Apple because the move would "do a great deal of harm" to its rival, according to a memo made public in a recently-settled antitrust case.
Cisco Systems is continuing to buy its way into social networking, acquiring some assets of the company that operates Tribe.net while letting the site remain independent.
The unknown hacker who claimed last week that a tool he'd created could generate valid Windows Vista activation codes has admitted that the crack was cracked.
Novell posted an Open XML translator for the OpenOffice.org productivity suite today, making good on a December 2006 promise to add Microsoft Office 2007 file format capability to the open-source application bundle.
Customers are replacing disk drives at rates far higher than those suggested by the estimated mean time between failure (MTBF) supplied by drive vendors, according to a study of about 100,000 drives conducted by Carnegie Mellon University.
Users of YouTube's online video service will soon be able to view news, TV series, documentaries and other programs from the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC).
Researchers in the U.S. say they've successfully shown how attackers could compromise a network designed to make it harder to trace Internet surfers and the Web sites they are viewing.
Need quick help on hammering out a marketing plan, making a cold call or disciplining an employee? Now you can check your cell phone for expert advice on how best to complete the task.
Microsoft's Open XML file format cleared a small hurdle Wednesday, after documents released by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) showed fewer countries harbouring strong objections than had been expected.
Remember the Star Wars Princess Leia hologram? Now you can have your very own mid-air display. IO2 Technology has released its Heliodisplay that projects a 2-dimensional mid-air display with up to 1024 x 1024 resolution. It appears to be convincingly...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
- Google tool lets users personalize the ads they see
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Huawei beats Samsung and all Android rivals on security patching
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTPractice Lead - InsuranceNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia