Microsoft Tuesday spelled out exactly how users of Windows Vista betas and release candidates can shift to the final code, and warned that beginning June 1, preview-equipped PCs will automatically reboot every two hours.
The same day the company posted strong financials, the board of Apple Wednesday publicly defended CEO Steve Jobs against allegations by a former executive about Jobs' involvement in stock options backdating.
Digg.com credits two particular features of its LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) server cluster for helping the news aggregation site maintain speedy performance in the face of high growth.
In a move to strengthen its response to security threats, Microsoft is opening two labs to study the growing amount of malicious software circulating on the Internet, security executives announced Wednesday.
Google has scrapped a planned 13-hour maintenance of Google Calendar that had some users confused and worried about potentially significant disruptions of the online calendaring service.
In a bid to attract business users, improved IT-management capabilities will be a key element of Intel's launch of Weybridge vPro desktop PCs later this year, and in the 2008 version of their Montevina Centrino notebook PCs. It's just the latest sign...
Mozilla Tuesday extended support for its 17-month-old Firefox 1.5.0.x browser until mid-May, citing the need to roll out a patch that will automatically update users to the newer Version 2.0 before it pulls the support plug.
Sun Microsystems is introducing a new platform for streaming on-demand video over IP networks, to put movies into the hands of customers more efficiently than cable, DVDs-by-mail or the corner video store.
A team of U.S. Army hackers will attend the Hack In The Box (HITB) Security Conference 2007 in Kuala Lumpur later this year, seeking redemption after falling short at a hacker competition in Dubai earlier this month, the conference organizer said Tue...
South Australian broadband carrier Internode has launched the second generation of its VoIP service. The new service combines Internode's existing outbound-only calling capabilities with additional inbound features.
Networking vendor D-Link has announced a deal with New Zealand start-up Tomizone to integrate its free Wi-Fi hotspot solution into selected wireless routers.
New software from Research in Motion (RIM) will enable all BlackBerry wireless applications to run on smartphones from rival handset makers.
Less than one week after disclosing a $US611 million first-quarter loss, chipmaker, AMD said it hoped to raise up to $US2.2 billion through the sale of convertible notes to institutional investors.
Move over "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire." Here comes CONE Sutro Forest.
The City of London is home to a new Wi-Fi network that is not only one of Europe's largest but also among the first to give users mobile coverage similar to a cellular network.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
- Telstra increases NBN market share
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCHR Contractor Retail ProjectVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW