A massive spam outbreak that tries to trick recipients into opening a file attachment that can hijack their computers has already broken records, security companies said Thursday.
Mountain climber Rod Baber is preparing for the climb of a lifetime and hoping to reach the summit of Mount Everest in late May or early June.
A group of storage vendors on Thursday proposed the development of a new specification that would allow the Fibre Channel storage-area networking protocol to run over Ethernet.
A satellite radio solution specifically created for emergency services, disaster management and mining applications has been dubbed a world first by its Australian creators.
Ericsson today announced it has supplied more than 500,000 ADSL lines to Australian broadband operators.
Although Microsoft patched the ANI bug in Windows a week ago, that's not stopped attackers from boosting the number of Web sites serving exploits or tweaking exploits to make them more efficient.
Google has found an ally in the Chinese Web browser Maxthon, a partnership that could help to lift Google's fortunes in China's tough search market.
Dell has stopped selling its Axim handheld computer line, and will not discuss rumours of a gearing up to introduce a smart phone product possibly by buying Palm, according to a spokesperson.
Google's Sydney office is set to kick-start a 27 hour-long global Google Developer Day on May 31, where developers will get a chance to participate in workshops, keynotes and breakout discussions on Google's APIs (application programming interfaces).
A Chinese developer is turning back the clock with an add-on to Microsoft's Office 2007 that returns traditional menus to the suite's applications.
Seagate has launched File Recovery for Windows software, designed to recover deleted or damaged files from a Windows disk or USB stick.
The rare collaboration between search rivals Google, Yahoo and Microsoft over site maps has yielded its first result.
Microsoft is disputing reports of new three flaws in its Office software while also taking issue in how the alleged flaws were disclosed, the company said Wednesday.
Just as Microsoft omitted a patch for a two-month-old flaw in Word 2000 and 2002 from its monthly updates Tuesday, three more bugs in the company's Office suite were disclosed by a security researcher.
Web mashups are all the rage, but sometimes they enrage, as evidenced by a spat between social networking phenom MySpace and Photobucket, which runs an eponymous photo and video sharing site.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCInformation Management Project Manager (SAP BI)NSW
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC