Online auction house eBay has added new social networking communities to its site in an effort to provide new ways to connect buyers and sellers.
Security researchers spotted an attack this week that exploits a vulnerability in Microsoft Word patched just days before.
If you've ever wanted to travel to Paris, but just never got around to it, you can now use the Google Earth software tool and watch a sunset filmed from the top floor of the Eiffel Tower, or view video clips of other popular spots in the City of Ligh...
Given a level playing field, can anyone unseat Microsoft as the king of productivity applications? This is just one of many questions numerous companies, from Google to IBM to Sun, are trying to answer as they cram more and more capabilities into riv...
Trend Micro has released it's 2008 Internet security suite, comprising three separate offerings aimed at various levels of Internet usage.
ADSL broadband will be switched on in 211 regional exchanges under a fund allocation from the government's $163 million Australian Broadband Guarantee.
Storage virtualisation vendor, DataCore, has undertaken a local channel revamp.
Trading of shares in Sony Financial Holdings, the financial arm of Sony, began on the Tokyo Stock Exchange on Thursday morning as the company completed Japan's largest initial public offering of the year to-date.
Australia's MIPI (Music Industry Piracy Investigations) is pressuring local ISPs to shut down customers illegally downloading music following the successful trial of a woman in the US by the RIAA for music sharing which resulted in a $US220,000 ($AU2...
A new service has been launched, called PocketSchool, which helps busy people learn a new language without needing to take the time to sit down with a textbook or CD.
Makers of 10G Ethernet products came away from a recent University of New Hampshire Interoperability Lab plug fest with results they think will boost acceptance of the technology in corporate networks.
Phishing attacks that harvest credit card numbers or divert online contributions to an opponent's campaign pose the most danger to the Web operations of 2008's presidential candidates, a security researcher said.
Oracle has released a database driver free to the open source community that improves retrieval of data from Oracle databases for Web applications developed using PHP.
Nokia is planning to bundle software from Devicescape on devices in its E and N series, that will log in automatically to Wi-Fi hotspots.
Microsoft this week patched a bug in Excel 2007 that displayed wrong values for calculations around a pair of numbers, and said it would push the fixes through Windows Update as soon as possible.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Indian privacy case against WhatsApp gains momentum
- Intel thinks IoT will have a firm place in the stores of the future
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- TPContract Manager - ICT Solution DevelopmentSA
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- TPJunior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD