A security update for Apple's iPhone does more than just fix critical flaws in the handset. It also looks for and wipes out any modifications that users make to the firmware on their phones, according to hackers looking to unlock the phone.
Two days after unveiling in the U.S. what it said was the smallest high-definition video camera in the world, Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. (Panasonic) took the wraps off an even smaller camcorder on Wednesday.
Singaporean contract chip maker Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing will produce a 45-nanometer (nm) processor designed for video-game consoles, probably an upcoming version of the processor used in Microsoft's Xbox 360.
Hot demand and a massive battery recall are causing shortages of key components for the notebook computer industry, analysts and companies say.
Harris Technology has teamed up with Acer and launched a build-your-own PC configuration program.
The use of social networking sites worldwide has grown substantially in the past year, with some sites seeing total visits increase as much as 270 percent, according to a study released Tuesday by Internet measurement company ComScore.
Nearly all the laser printers fingered by researchers for spewing particulate matter into offices and homes are sold by Hewlett-Packard, a study published Wednesday said.
Researchers at Core Security Technologies are to demonstrate an attack that could allow hackers to extract private information from databases -- without requiring any bugs in the database management software.
IBM's Internet Security Systems (ISS) on Wednesday announced a virtual e-mail security appliance that runs alongside other applications on a single piece of hardware, instead of requiring a dedicated device.
As new Web applications such as wikis, blogs and podcasts that foster increased collaboration and communication proliferate, they are bringing new security challenges corporate network managers have to contend with.
The music publishing companies that represent rap artist Eminem have filed a multimillion-dollar suit against Apple Inc. for selling downloads of Eminem's music on iTunes online music service without compensating them. The suit could have ramificatio...
A survey of 195 senior IT professionals found that nearly half, 44 percent, already have decided to implement high-throughput 802.11n wireless LANs. Even more remarkably, nearly one-third of respondents said 11n will replace wired LANs, at least for ...
Nortel has created a new strategy for all-wireless offices it dubs the "Unwired Enterprise," which focuses on OFDM/MIMO coverage, wireless integration and universal mobility across other wireless networks.
Apple Tuesday released a security update for Mac OS X that patched 45 vulnerabilities, including several in the open-source Samba file-sharing code that researchers recently warned still threatened users more than 10 weeks after the discovery of crit...
The WiMax hype machine may be getting ready to crank into life once again, with Intel planning a major campaign around mobile WiMax next year, connected to the launch of networks and hardware supporting the technology.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW