Microsoft is replacing the authentication system for SharePoint Server and plans to make the collaboration platform one of the first of the company's marquee applications to rely on a new claims-based identity model.
IT professionals who have acumen in diverse business areas but whose IT skills are noncertified are bringing in bigger salaries on average than their certified counterparts, according to Foote Partners, which attributes the growing imbalance to the m...
The board of the Open Source Initiative (OSI) has approved two Microsoft licenses that allow proprietary source code to be shared, a move that is likely to inspire protest and spur controversy for die-hard open-source proponents.
A spike in the number of microprocessor units shipped helped Intel record an increase in its third-quarter revenue and income, the company said this week.
Cisco has bundled together its wireless product offerings with new software partners in a bid to refocus its strategy for municipal wireless networks.
Microsoft described wide industry support during the formal announcement of Office Communications Server in the US this week.
Sun offered informational updates Monday on several ongoing efforts in the open-source arena, including product plans for the OpenSolaris version of the Solaris OS, Java, and the GlassFish application server.
Google has launched a video-blocking tool that will allow content owners to intercept copyrighted clips as they're uploaded to YouTube, its video-sharing site.
EQO Communications will soon release a faster version of its mobile VOIP (voice over Internet protocol) application for phones running the Symbian OS, the company's CEO said Tuesday.
Corporate storage systems and networks are an attractive target for hackers looking to steal sensitive data or launch computer attacks, Alan Lustiger, security architect at TD Ameritrade, told an audience at Computerworld's Storage Networking World u...
Google is set to roll out new features to its Google Analytics service and a beta release of Version 5 of the Web analytics server software gained with its acquisition of Urchin Software two and half years ago.
Apple confirmed Tuesday what rumor sites have been saying for days: Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard" will hit store shelves at 6 p.m. on October 26. The Leopard Server OS will be released at the same time.
With femtocells gaining more attention as a potential money-saving technology, several companies are racing to claim space in the emerging femtocell market, said members of a recent panel hosted by MassNetComms.
A Dutch consumer protection association told PC buyers to avoid Windows Vista, Microsoft's newest operating system, after the U.S. company's Dutch arm said it would not provide all consumers with downgrades to the older XP.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- CCLead DevOps Architect l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DatadogNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD