Cybersquatting is not something that sounds like a fast-track to a better job, but that is precisely what a German techie decided to do in order to get noticed by search giant, Google.
The growth of Mac OS's market share stalled in October, just a month after a record increase, a research firm has reported.
Google and several other technology companies plan to unveil a new mobile platform called Android on Monday, according to a statement from the company. The system is expected to yield an actual phone in the second half of 2008.
New Zealand lawyer Peter Dengate Thrush was elected chairman of the Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and numbers (ICANN), the body that regulates the technical structure of the internet, last week.
A Taiwanese research group has developed 3D (three-dimensional) television picture technology that can be used on LCD (liquid crystal display) TVs as big as 42 inches, and believes such TVs will be on sale within two years.
A trial group of Taiwanese citizens are already using their mobile phones to pay for subway rides using a contactless payment system, and they will soon start testing handsets with credit and cash cards on board.
Government officials and industry insiders have high hopes for the World Bank's additional US$1 billion investment, in the development of the information and communication technology infrastructure in Africa over the next five years.
Apple quietly upgraded its MacBook laptop line last week to the same "Santa Rosa" Intel chip set used in the higher-priced MacBook Pro, but it didn't change the basic configurations or pricing.
Macrovision patched a critical bug in the update service software it licenses to third-party developers as a researcher warned users to expect attacks.
A committee of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) , the organization that manages the Internet domain name system, has decided to leave the WHOIS database as it is, at least for now.
Online privacy policies need to be easier to understand and more conspicuous because few people now actually read them, said panelists at a U.S. Federal Trade Commission workshop on targeted online advertising.
Although telcos are used to being the only major players for voice services, they'll soon have to change their business models to compete with such upstarts as Skype and Google, said panelists at this week's VON conference in Boston.
Serena Software plans to release Serena Prototype Composer this week, a free tool intended to make it easy to prototype business applications.
Every single move you make online can, and often is, tracked by online marketers and advertising networks that gather and use the information for serving up targeted advertisements.
A University of Maryland researcher has come up with a method that he says could one day be used by companies to build nanoscale computer and mobile phone components faster and less expensively.
We have 3x HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printers available this month with replacement ink valued at $537.85 each
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- 5G is coming, but don't get carried away, T-Mobile USA's CTO says
- Lenovo's Yoga 720 brings a bit of game with discrete GTX 1050 graphics
- Lenovo innovation goes on a break with Tab 4 Android tablets
- Lenovo's $199 Miix 320 laptop may challenge cheap Chromebooks
- MediaTek wants to put its new 10-core chip in $300 VR smartphones
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- TPCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Communications ManagerNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- CCDesktop RolloutVIC
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- CCSAP Billing & Invoicing ConsultantNSW
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD