The Spamhaus Project has told a U.S. court that it plans to appeal a recent ruling that threatened the volunteer organization with millions of dollars in legal fines and a possible shutdown of database of known spammers.
Intel executives moved to assuage concerns that microprocessor and notebook PC battery shortages might spoil Christmas this year, saying supplies should be sufficient.
Networking gear companies Linksys and D-Link are rolling out new Wi-Fi routers and gear that support the upcoming 802.11n wireless standard. The new hardware, vendors tout, have four times the range and 12 times the throughput of standard 802.11g wir...
The latest release candidate for the new Mozilla Firefox Web browser should be posted for free download early this week, as the project's developers finish last-minute code checks and tie up loose ends.
German media giant Bertelsmann AG has begun crafting plans to develop an entertainment-driven social networking Web site to compete with MySpace and other similar sites, a source familiar with the discussions said Monday.
Google's acquisition of YouTube provides a "tantalizing opportunity" for the search giant to boost its advertising model, but the success of the partnership is far from certain, according to Gartner.
Microsoft is limiting the number of machines to which users can transfer Windows Vista licenses as part of licensing changes the company has made to its Windows client OS.
Microsoft has taken the first step toward addressing complaints made by security vendors, Symantec and McAfee, which had feared that the software giant's upcoming Vista operating system would harm their customers.
Australian telcos are again lagging behind the rest of the world by not offering voice, data and video triple play bundles, according to industry analysts.
Unwired Australia is providing wireless IP optimization tool Venturi Wireless on its customer homepages.
Digital music sales continue to grow, in revenue and as a percentage of overall music sales, according to research from the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI).
Palm last week announced a new series of Treo smart phones designed to appeal to "price-sensitive" customers. The company also announced the immediate availability of a new, free Google Maps application for Treos based on the Palm operating system.
In a long-anticipated change in policy, SAP will announce next week at its TechEd conference in Amsterdam it will make NetWeaver licenses available to individual developers.
I received a strange package earlier this week. Inside was a police-style, clear plastic evidence bag containing a single disc bearing the hand written word, EVIDENCE. I've just come back from vacation, so despite my curiosity, it was only last night...
I'm no hardcore gamer, but I am pretty excited about the upcoming Nintendo and Sony battle in the never-ending console wars. How about you?
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- FTService Coordinator/Scheduler | IT Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC