Security researchers have discovered a bug in Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser that can cause the software to crash, and which could possibly be used to let an attacker run unauthorized software on the IE user's machine.
Microsoft will debut a new object-oriented framework aimed at simplifying the development of client-side browser applications at its annual PDC (Professional Developers Conference) in September.
Microsoft will be taking a closer look at the security of a new Web publishing technology it plans to integrate into the next major version of Windows, code-named Longhorn. Microsoft plans to offer ways for developers to use the RSS (Really Simple Sy...
Intel, the world's largest chip maker, said it disagrees with antitrust allegations made by rival Advanced Micro Devices and said it will continue to operate as it has in the past.
After two Israeli researchers published a paper earlier this month explaining how security mechanisms in short-range wireless Bluetooth technology could be quickly undermined, members of the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) are now urging users...
Google is offering a new service that tailors a user's query results based on the user's previous searches, the company announced Tuesday.
The Norwegian hacker who cracked the encryption mechanism used by DVDs has turned his attention to Google's new Video Viewer.
Yahoo has enhanced its My Web personal search service to make it possible for users to share their personal Web index of pages and links.
Only six of the largest 100 companies in the US achieved "excellent" ratings for online customer service, according to the 2005 Online Customer Respect Study from The Customer Respect Group.
As the clock ticks on support for mainstream Windows 2000 users, Microsoft has released a "high priority" update rollup of over 50 security fixes.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) hopes to bring its antitrust case against Intel before a jury by the end of next year and reveal the extent of Intel's alleged conduct through documents and the testimony of industry insiders, AMD executives said Tuesday.
Until the e-mails emerge, and the executives begin to talk, assessing the chances of Advanced Micro Devices's antitrust lawsuit against Intel is largely academic, industry analysts said Tuesday.
Researchers in Japan have reported success in an advanced data-storage technology that could help yield hard-disk drives with capacities of seven times or more than today's most advanced drives in as soon as five years.
Broadband Internet is going gangbusters in Australia, with the number of connected users rapidly approaching two million, more than double that of last year.
The World Trade Organization (WTO) has reversed an earlier ruling and upheld US duties on DRAM (dynamic RAM) chips made in South Korea by Hynix Semiconductor.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung adds payments to its smart TVs
- China to plant Internet police in top online firms
- GE launches cloud for the industrial Internet
- Sounds can knock drones out of the sky
- Jabra Sport Coach Wireless earbuds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW