Microsoft is starting up trials of pay-as-you-go PCs in underdeveloped nations as a way to give residents of those countries more access to low-cost computers.
Despite some predictions that World Cup soccer fever could send prices of LCD TVs higher this month, the screen component just got cheaper, a trend that should continue to make products more affordable to users.
Mitsubishi Electric has been contacted by U.S. Department of Justice investigators looking into price fixing in the computer memory market, the Japanese company said Monday.
Zfone, a free piece of software that encrypts voice over IP calls in a way that may circumvent government eavesdropping laws in some countries, is now available to Windows users, its developer said on Sunday.
Skype is advising users to upgrade to a more recent version of its VoIP software to fix a security bug reported late last week by a security researcher in New Zealand.
Microsoft acknowledged on Friday problems with its most recent beta release of Windows Live Mail, the company's revamp of the Hotmail hosted e-mail service.
Several users expressed uncertainty about SAP's NetWeaver software suite at the Sapphire user conference in Orlando last week, even as the vendor heavily promoted the technology during the event.
Microsoft plans to patch a newly discovered hole in Microsoft Word in its next monthly patch update, and may release a rare "out of cycle" patch to address the hole, a company spokesman said.
Malware writers have created a new worm that installs a new browser and plays screeching music.
The Internet Industry Association (IIA) and the Australian Direct Marketing Association (ADMA) will develop guidelines for the proper uses of adware software for advertising and marketing purposes.
The ANZ bank double charged 200,000 non-ANZ customers to the tune of $45 million, after a computer glitch duplicated 400,000 MasterCard transactions.
Intel retained its lead in PC graphics chips during the first three months of the year, although the company faced increased competition from two key rivals, according to research figures released Friday.
Google's head of mobile services is looking for your trust.
Politicians could one day determine the results of elections before they take place, thanks to a European research project that will study social interactions between millions of virtual human beings.
Customers who want more information about what PCs will require to run Windows Vista will get some, but not much, from Microsoft at the company's conference for hardware engineers this week.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- FTOracle Middleware ConsultantNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia