The growth of Mac OS's market share stalled in October, just a month after a record increase, a research firm has reported.
Google and several other technology companies plan to unveil a new mobile platform called Android on Monday, according to a statement from the company. The system is expected to yield an actual phone in the second half of 2008.
New Zealand lawyer Peter Dengate Thrush was elected chairman of the Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and numbers (ICANN), the body that regulates the technical structure of the internet, last week.
A Taiwanese research group has developed 3D (three-dimensional) television picture technology that can be used on LCD (liquid crystal display) TVs as big as 42 inches, and believes such TVs will be on sale within two years.
A trial group of Taiwanese citizens are already using their mobile phones to pay for subway rides using a contactless payment system, and they will soon start testing handsets with credit and cash cards on board.
Government officials and industry insiders have high hopes for the World Bank's additional US$1 billion investment, in the development of the information and communication technology infrastructure in Africa over the next five years.
Apple quietly upgraded its MacBook laptop line last week to the same "Santa Rosa" Intel chip set used in the higher-priced MacBook Pro, but it didn't change the basic configurations or pricing.
Macrovision patched a critical bug in the update service software it licenses to third-party developers as a researcher warned users to expect attacks.
A committee of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) , the organization that manages the Internet domain name system, has decided to leave the WHOIS database as it is, at least for now.
Online privacy policies need to be easier to understand and more conspicuous because few people now actually read them, said panelists at a U.S. Federal Trade Commission workshop on targeted online advertising.
Although telcos are used to being the only major players for voice services, they'll soon have to change their business models to compete with such upstarts as Skype and Google, said panelists at this week's VON conference in Boston.
Serena Software plans to release Serena Prototype Composer this week, a free tool intended to make it easy to prototype business applications.
Every single move you make online can, and often is, tracked by online marketers and advertising networks that gather and use the information for serving up targeted advertisements.
A University of Maryland researcher has come up with a method that he says could one day be used by companies to build nanoscale computer and mobile phone components faster and less expensively.
After being turned down earlier this year, it seems that MetroPCS is calling off its proposed marriage with Leap Wireless for good.
Despite its unsexy-sounding name, NAS has long been an essential gadget among tech enthusiasts. Here's 3 reasons why every home needs one in this day and age.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SHA-1 collision can break SVN code repositories
- Google is giving away a Chromecast with the Google Home
- SK Telecom pushes for interoperable quantum crypto systems
- Facebook's Telecom Infra Project is a year old
- Cog Systems offers more secure version of HTC A9 smartphone
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW