A second lawsuit was filed last week against Microsoft by customers complaining about the Xbox 360 console scratching and ruining video game discs.
Microsoft's quest to have Open XML approved by the International Organization for Standards (ISO) as a global technology standard seems to have recovered from a setback it suffered a week ago, as both sides of the Open XML-ODF debate shore up argumen...
Microsoft has said its biggest single-day enterprise product launch event ever is slated for February but it will be more event than launch.
Insurance company AAMI shut down its Web site at 9.30am today as a precaution against hackers.
Microsoft managed to earn a slight profit for its fiscal 2008 fourth quarter despite a billion-dollar-plus charge related to expenses the company incurred to fix faulty Xbox360 consoles.
Search portal Ask.com plans to make it easier for Web searchers to cover their tracks.
Linux desktop and server vendor Xandros Wednesday acquired Scalix, which develops an open-source e-mail, calendar and groupware platform.
Social networking site Facebook has bought Parakey, a tiny startup that had been developing software it bills as a Web-based operating system.
Google revenue continued to climb in the second quarter, with the company reporting US$3.87 billion, up 58 percent compared to the same quarter last year.
Predictions that growing demand for notebook PCs would result in a corresponding slowdown in demand for desktops haven't come to pass, Intel's top executive in Asia said.
The working group for the emerging IEEE 802.20 mobile broadband standard, which was suspended last year after a fight over members' real company affiliations, has changed its voting rules.
Google's plans to shorten the life-span of cookies installed on a user's computer, ostensibly to improve user privacy, is being dismissed by some as complete hype.
An Internet Explorer (IE) program manager and the head of Mozilla's security added their voices to the browser blame game Wednesday, each saying that the other's application is at fault for multiple Windows zero-day vulnerabilities.
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation planted spyware on the computer used by a Washington state teenager to finger him as the person behind a rash of bomb threats e-mailed to his high school, court documents revealed this week.
Amid problems with Microsoft's Xbox, the head of the company's interactive entertainment business has resigned.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Application ArchitectQLD
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW