Microsoft's defeat in a European appeals court has left open-source developers hopeful about the future -- although still dissatisfied with the company's compliance with a three-year-old antitrust ruling.
Tacit Software is set unveil to this week an upgrade to its Illumio productivity tool that lets workers collaborate with colleagues on specific topics.
Despite the growth of e-commerce, consumers are still unhappy with their online experiences, with nearly nine out of 10 saying they have had problems conducting transactions online, according to a new survey.
Microsoft failed Monday in its bid to overturn a European Commission antitrust ruling against it, when the European Union's second highest court dismissed the company's appeal and ordered it to pay the bulk of the Commission's legal expenses.
Yahoo has agreed to buy Zimbra, a privately held company whose Web hosted collaboration and messaging suite is considered a successful example of the software-as-a-service model (SAAS).
Microsoft is planning to add the ability to develop Windows Live applications to its Visual Studio toolkit as a way to build more of a developer base for its online services platform.
The Eclipse Foundation will make available Tuesday the 1.0 release of the <a href="http://www.eclipse.org/pdt/">Eclipse PHP Development Tools (PDT)</a> project, featuring tools and frameworks to enhance developer productivity with the PHP scripting l...
For veteran database watchers, it may feel oddly early to hear talk of the next version of Microsoft's SQL Server database.
The US government still needs to block or impose conditions on Google's acquisition of online advertising server DoubleClick, despite Google's call for global privacy standards, three privacy groups said Monday.
Ten months ago, Intel shipped its first quad-core Xeon server processors. Last week, chip nemesis AMD finally answered back.
Microsoft last Thursday essentially called the concerns over undercover updates to Windows XP and Windows Vista a tempest in a teapot, saying that silent modifications to the Windows Update (WU) software have been a longtime practice and are needed t...
Stolen bank account numbers are commanding the highest price in an underground trade of personal details stolen by hackers, according to a survey released Monday by security vendor Symantec.
A virus though to have died out years ago is believed to have infected up to 100,000 laptops during manufacture by German vendor Medion.
Yahoo has quietly rolled out a beta version of a new social networking site called Mash that will let users to create online profiles similar to the likes of MySpace and Facebook.
A non-profit welfare group has launched a new simulation game designed to help teenagers cope with life issues.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- TPSAP HR Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTAccount Executive - SMENSW
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsNSW
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCJava DeveloperNSW