Cisco Systems Inc. and its employees have donated US$2.5 million for humanitarian relief and reconstruction projects for those affected by the earthquakes and the subsequent tsunamis that ravaged coastlines across South Asia, the company said Thursda...
Sony Corp. has set up a cross-company working group dubbed Connect Company to focus on the digital media market, the U.S. office of the Japanese electronics giant confirmed Thursday.
The company that owns the famed Commodore computer brand has been sold to Yeahronimo Media Ventures Inc., a Beverly Hills, California, digital music distributor.
Victor Co. of Japan Ltd. (JVC) has developed prototype read-only discs that can contain data stored in both the DVD and high-capacity Blu-ray Disc formats. They are the first that are able to contain data in both formats, a company spokeswoman said T...
Asian telecommunication carriers are mobilizing to help those affected by the weekend's devastating earthquakes off Indonesia and subsequent tsunami waves.
Intel Corp. has invested in three companies that it believes will help make home entertainment devices better and easier to use, the company announced Wednesday.
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. plans to spend 290 billion won (US$277 million) to build a second LCD manufacturing line at its factory in Tangjung, South Korea. Samsung plans to produce panels for LCD TVs with screen sizes of 30 inches across the diago...
China's first network based on IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) formally entered operation on Saturday, according to the China Education and Research Network Information Center (CERNIC).
NTT DoCoMo, Japan's biggest mobile phone carrier, expects to complete on Wednesday a US$3 million investment in Linux software development company MontaVista Software, a DoCoMo spokeswoman said.
Japanese animation production company Bandai Visual has joined the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) and may release titles based on the Blu-ray Disc format next-generation optical disc technology, a spokeswoman said Wednesday.
Google's informal corporate motto is "Don't be evil" but the search engine provider isn't viewed as particularly nice by a growing list of companies that claim Google is misusing their trademarks and, in so doing, hurting their businesses.
Web search engine company Google is blocking efforts by a new Internet worm to use its search engine to find vulnerable computers on the Internet, the company announced late Tuesday.
As usual, more than 100,000 technologists are expected to flood Las Vegas right around the holiday season. But instead of arriving the week before Thanksgiving for Comdex, the IT and consumer electronics industry now takes its annual tour of the dese...
Radio frequency radiation from mobile phones can damage DNA in laboratory conditions, European researchers said in a recent study.
The Delhi High Court granted bail on Tuesday to Avnish Bajaj, the chief executive officer of Baazee.com India, a Mumbai-based subsidiary of eBay.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT30 Tough camera
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Fitbit looks to raise at least $358 million in IPO
- WikiLeaks raising $100k bounty for a copy of the Trans-Pacific trade pact
- Facebook says 'oui' to AI with Paris research team
- New SOHO router security audit uncovers over 60 flaws in 22 models
- R2-D2 robot fridge is the droid you're looking for
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW