Windows 2000 is still in widespread use, four years or so after the release of its successor Windows XP, according to market research firm AssetMetrix. And that is despite the end of mainstream support for the operating system from the end of this mo...
Apple rocked the PC industry with news of its move from PowerPC-based CPUs to Intel. While the idea of Mactel has sparked mixed feelings among the Macintosh faithful, one industry watcher says the announcement could ultimately be a bad sign for Linux...
A Norwegian company has found a use for that old cell phone that's been kicking around in your desk drawer.
Rambus has added Samsung Electronics to its antitrust lawsuit against most of the DRAM industry, another development in the souring of relations between the two former partners.
Yahoo has bought VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) service provider Dialpad Communications to use its technology in Yahoo's VOIP services, Dailpad said Tuesday.
The world's biggest telecommunications equipment provider has teamed up with popular Internet music service Napster to make it simpler for mobile phone operators to open up online music stores for their customers. The two companies have developed a m...
Batteries in some notebook computers from Fujitsu-Siemens Computers can overheat, with a risk of fire. The company had recalled the batteries in some of its Amilo notebook computers, and would replace affected batteries free of charge, it said.
When the dotcom bubble burst five years ago, many business-to-business online marketplaces flamed out like so many bottle rockets. Now two of the survivors--retailing exchanges GlobalNetXchange (GNX) and the WorldWide Retail Exchange (WWRE)--have dec...
BT's converged fixed/mobile phone service -- called Bluephone during development -- has been launched. BT Fusion, as it is now known, operates as a mobile phone outside the house, and uses a Bluetooth base station within the house, to switch calls ov...
Internet marketing company Intermix Media will pay US$7.5 million to settle a lawsuit alleging that the company secretly installed spyware and adware on millions of home computers.
European demand for consumer electronics is softening in the second quarter, according to Dutch manufacturer, Philips Electronics.
Sun Microsystems issued alerts this week about vulnerabilities in its Java platform that security researchers describe as critical that could allow attackers to execute malicious code on targeted computers.
Adobe Systems has rolled out patches for security vulnerabilities found in Adobe Reader 7.0 and 7.0.1, and in Adobe Acrobat 7.0 and 7.0.1.
Identity theft has matured into a full-time criminal activity with plenty of lucrative opportunities for those trading in stolen identities.
At the Microsoft TechEd 2005 conference last week Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer touted the company's vision of a "New World of Work" for information workers, with a focus on information access, business processes, and collaboration.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Video gaming sparks excitement in China
- OPM, Anthem hackers reportedly also breached United Airlines
- Obama rolls out initiative to boost US supercomputer capability
- Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers
- Researchers develop astonishing Web-based attack on a computer's DRAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW