eBay has acquired StumbleUpon, a Web browsing recommendation site that mixes social networking and novel search functionality based on peer reviews, for US$75 million.
Internet radio station Pandora, hamstrung by international licensing constraints, says it does not know when it will resume streaming services to Australia.
The TurboLinux Wizpy, a multimedia media player that contains a PC-bootable version of the Linux operating system, will go on sale worldwide this month.
U.S. soldiers in South Korea face a tough call on using Internet telephony in the country.
A security researcher warned iTunes customers Thursday that Apple encodes the buyer's account name and e-mail address in the new DRM-free tracks that debuted Wednesday.
Security vendor Akonix Systems has tallied 170 instant-messaging threats so far this year, the company said this month, a 73 percent increase over the same period last year.
The Wall Street Journal's D: All Things Digital conference is winding down, and one of the last major components is Walt Mossberg's interview with Google CEO Eric Schmidt.
Apple's CEO Steve Jobs compared Windows to hell in an on-stage conversation with the Wall Street Journal's personal technology columnist Walt Mossberg at the newspaper's D: All Things Digital conference yesterday.
Although Cisco is one of the first to take part in the Wi-Fi Alliance's branding programme for draft 802.11n, the fast Wi-Fi standard in progress at the IEEE, it's not launching an 802.11n product at the Interop event in Las Vegas.
Nokia will open its first research centre in Asia in partnership with a Chinese university, the company said on Monday.
Yahoo's Chief Technology Officer Farzad Nazem is stepping down.
A Seattle man was arrested Wednesday morning for illegal spamming activities.
Apple Australia's iTunes store is going DRM free with the launch of iTunes Plus, a new and better quality song format that frees users to play music on portable players other than Apple's iPod.
In another move to build out its social networking presence, CBS announced Wednesday that it has acquired Last.fm Ltd., a social network for music fans, for $US280 million in cash.
An acquisition of Avaya by Nortel Networks might help the buyer expand its enterprise telephony business and pare down a crowded industry, but the deal could be tough for customers.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NYT says Moscow bureau was targeted by cyberattack
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Open source 25-core chip can be stringed into a 200,000-core computer
- MIT is dragging hard-wired network chips into the agile era
- Inside AMD's development of the Zen CPU
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCStrategic Planning OfficerACT
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW