Apple today issued the first update for Leopard, its three-week-old operating system. The update fixes a wide range of out-the-gate bugs and patch three security vulnerabilities.
In an effort to boost its managed IT services portfolio, Dell on Thursday agreed to acquire desktop services management company Everdream.
Managing virtual server environments topped the list of IT management concerns at a recent conference, while adopting best practices failed to resonate with as many respondents.
Advanced Micro Devices took a step toward delivering its next-generation Phenom processor, launching graphics cards that will work with the upcoming processor to provide better graphics.
Virtualization is one of the hottest topics in the IT industry, and for good reason. Server virtualization brings many benefits: hardware consolidation, better resource utilization, lower capital and operating expenses, and greater flexibility to mee...
The importance of high-performance computing was starkly revealed this week by some numbers released by IDC: One in four of all microprocessors shipped Thursday are being installed in HPC systems.
It has been billed by some as American Idol meets Silicon Valley -- a new contest that will award three would-be entrepreneurs venture capital and other amenities needed to launch new Web 2.0 companies.
A forum later this month seeks to shed some light on the increasingly complex area of rights protection in the digital music age.
The latest version of Microsoft's entry-level accounting program for small businesses released this week can handle accounts in Spanish and English, and integrates with more online banking services than the previous version.
Malware distributors are increasingly using "passing off" techniques to get their programs on to the PCs of UK-based users, new statistics from security vendor Webroot suggest.
Colossus, the world's first electronic computer, is up and running again.
There may be all kinds of technology issues, business plan problems and potential failures to address before the mobile Internet becomes a success. But for Tim Berners-Lee there's really only one issue.
Cisco is introducing a gateway switch that boosts the performance of applications that rely on interactions between InfiniBand-clustered servers and network-attached storage- and Fibre Channel-based storage devices.
Microsoft Wednesday released Windows Vista SP1 RC Preview to 15,000 testers as part of its private beta program.
Microsoft Tuesday shipped the first public beta of its Windows HPC Server 2008, the successor to its Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 for high-performance computing.
Multitask throughout your day with music on the go. Windows 10 gets you in the mood to be productive.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- It wasn't the money: Wozniak on robots, design, and Apple's origins
- LastPass fixes serious password leak vulnerabilities
- The anatomy of a powerful desktop with an ARM chip
- Obduction's new VR hand-tracking makes Myst's spiritual successor even more stunning
- Google cites progress in Android security, but patching issues linger
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistSA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator - OracleQLD
- CCUnix/Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCProject MangerWA
- CC3 x UX Designers - 3 month contract initially - IT Services company - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)Other
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- TPAnalyst Programmer (.Net)SA
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Security) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTICT Business Development Manager - Technical Products/SolutionsQLD