When a major vulnerability affecting every flavor of Windows -- including Vista -- breaks, it only seems like chaos ensues. Okay, so it is chaos. Witness the so-far short-lived flaw in Windows' animated cursors (ANI), which picked up enough steam ove...
Microsoft will patch the increasingly dangerous Windows animated cursor vulnerability tomorrow, a week early, a spokesman of the company's security team said Sunday.
ScriptLogic this week joined the slew of desktop management vendors looking to help enterprise IT shops more easily upgrade their client machines to Microsoft's Vista operating system.
EMI Group has announced a plan to sell its music online without copy protection technologies, a significant step that will give consumers greater freedom in the way they can listen to music purchased online.
Software that could be used to turn a Web browser into an unwitting hacker's tool has been posted to the Internet, after it was downloaded by a quick-thinking attendee at last month's Shmoocon hacker conference.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs may be pushing for music labels to lift copyright protection on digital music but he doesn't appear so eager to do the same for video content, despite his position as the largest shareholder in Walt Disney Co.
As webmail providers continue their years-long race to increase their inbox storage, some analysts and users are cheering them on, while others question whether the emphasis on this issue is warranted and even if it can become counterproductive.
IBM last week demonstrated more than 20 new technologies, including several that make the Internet and offline applications more accessible to the disabled.
E-mail and groupware will take another step towards ubiquity this month when open source mobile software developer Funambol will release client software for Motorola and Nokia handsets.
An influx of curious Aussie men, eager to get a glimpse of Lara Bingle in the buff, have crashed the GQ Germany Web site after it published nude photos of the popular model.
Microsoft might have tooted the public relations horn about Vista's power-saving features, a Gartner analyst said this week, but businesses would be smart to look at ways they can save electricity on their XP-powered PCs rather than worry about what ...
Blog spammers have found ways to automate inserting their unwanted messages into online conversations, but the few tools available to block them lag woefully behind.
The Windows zero-day bug now being used by attackers is extremely dangerous, security researchers said Friday, and ranks with the Windows Metafile vulnerability of more than a year ago on the potential damage meter.
The newest version of Minimo, the Mozilla mobile browser, became available this week in the midst of changes within the Minimo project that make its future uncertain.
The overseer of the Internet's addressing system rejected for the second time the creation of a ".xxx" top-level domain, supported by some as a way to isolate adult content on the Internet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCGuidewire Developer - Policy Center 8NSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA