ScriptLogic this week joined the slew of desktop management vendors looking to help enterprise IT shops more easily upgrade their client machines to Microsoft's Vista operating system.
EMI Group has announced a plan to sell its music online without copy protection technologies, a significant step that will give consumers greater freedom in the way they can listen to music purchased online.
Software that could be used to turn a Web browser into an unwitting hacker's tool has been posted to the Internet, after it was downloaded by a quick-thinking attendee at last month's Shmoocon hacker conference.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs may be pushing for music labels to lift copyright protection on digital music but he doesn't appear so eager to do the same for video content, despite his position as the largest shareholder in Walt Disney Co.
As webmail providers continue their years-long race to increase their inbox storage, some analysts and users are cheering them on, while others question whether the emphasis on this issue is warranted and even if it can become counterproductive.
IBM last week demonstrated more than 20 new technologies, including several that make the Internet and offline applications more accessible to the disabled.
E-mail and groupware will take another step towards ubiquity this month when open source mobile software developer Funambol will release client software for Motorola and Nokia handsets.
An influx of curious Aussie men, eager to get a glimpse of Lara Bingle in the buff, have crashed the GQ Germany Web site after it published nude photos of the popular model.
Microsoft might have tooted the public relations horn about Vista's power-saving features, a Gartner analyst said this week, but businesses would be smart to look at ways they can save electricity on their XP-powered PCs rather than worry about what ...
Blog spammers have found ways to automate inserting their unwanted messages into online conversations, but the few tools available to block them lag woefully behind.
The Windows zero-day bug now being used by attackers is extremely dangerous, security researchers said Friday, and ranks with the Windows Metafile vulnerability of more than a year ago on the potential damage meter.
The newest version of Minimo, the Mozilla mobile browser, became available this week in the midst of changes within the Minimo project that make its future uncertain.
The overseer of the Internet's addressing system rejected for the second time the creation of a ".xxx" top-level domain, supported by some as a way to isolate adult content on the Internet.
Sony Computer Entertainment is planning a new version of the PlayStation 3 game console with a higher-capacity hard-disk drive, according to a U.S. regulatory filing made by the company.
In a first for Australian 3G mobile operators, Hutchison has launched a series of fixed-fee mobile data plans that do away with costly per-megabyte access and allow its 3 Mobile customers to use internet applications like Skype, eBay and MSN Messenge...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why 'qudits' (not qubits) may be the key to quantum computing
- Devices with Qualcomm modems safe from critical ASN.1 telecom flaw
- Mobile OS once considered dead comes back to life in Indian smartphone
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for $4.8B
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCSenior Business Intelligence Analyst - "Power BI"QLD
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW