Fujitsu has won a contract to manufacture future chips in S3 Graphics Co's range of Chrome graphics processors, the two companies said Wednesday. Awarding of the contract is an important step towards launch of the chips, which are expected to be much...
A California company has reached an important mark in development of a critical component for direct methanol fuel cells, it said Tuesday.
The future of wireless communications could be a world without mobile phones, where Wi-Fi signals pick up your voice commands from a chip-enabled lapel on your breast pocket, then VoIP converts the voice signals to data and sends them across the Inte...
A worm that can attack Oracle databases has been posted to a security-related Internet mailing list, raising the specter of possible future worms with dangerous payloads.
Mark Russinovich couldn't understand how the rootkit had sneaked onto his system. An expert on the internals of the Windows operating system, he was careful when it came to computer security and generally had a pretty good idea of what was running on...
Maxtor has announced it s new 500Gb desktop hard drives will be shipping in Australia this month.
Digital Smart Home is using this week's National Home Entertainment Show to showcase it increasing capabilities in the home entertainment area.
Citing strong demand from customers and growth in emerging markets, Lenovo Group has reported higher than expected second-quarter profits.
This was supposed to be the year that a speedier new DRAM (dynamic RAM) technology moved into the mainstream: a technology that could lower power consumption while increasing data speeds. But the technology, DDR2 (double data rate), failed to make th...
Sony's latest digital still camera, the DSC-T9, has something for people who can never seem to take a clear picture. The camera incorporates two anti-blur systems: one to compensate for the effect of unsteady hands and one to capture fast moving obje...
Sanyo Electric has developed a rechargeable battery that can be supplied to users ready-to-use. The new battery enables charging at the time of manufacturing so that users don't have to charge them as soon as they pull them out the box.
Google said it will soon resume scanning books that have been protected by copyright into its Google Print database, despite two lawsuits charging the company with copyright infringement.
Acknowledging a decline in IDE revenues, Borland Software instead is focusing on development services, with an emphasis on people, processes, and technology.
Phoenix Technologies has announced a new product designed to tag and identify Windows PCs using a BIOS-protected encryption key.
As widely expected, Microsoft Tuesday unveiled its software-as-a-service strategy, an effort to provide a more seamless connection between customers and their business and personal data by offering a range of services accessed over the Web by various...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Why Continuum could draw customers from Apple and Android to Windows 10 mobile
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
- Alibaba sets up second data center in the US in $1B cloud expansion
- New California law requires warrants for access to private communications
- Many vulnerabilities in older Huawei 3G routers won't get patched
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW