Summer dust storms on Mars are causing problems for NASA's twin Mars exploration rovers, blotting out the sunlight they need to recharge their batteries and threatening their operations on the red planet.
Security analysts spotted a gaping security hole in Fox News Network's Web site on Monday, revealing file directories and sensitive content, although it appears the problem has been fixed.
Hewlett-Packard plans to buy data center automation software vendor Opsware for about US$1.6 billion. It's the third-largest acquisition in HP's history after its multibillion-dollar purchases of Compaq and Mercury.
Windows Vista's share of online users has increased every month this year, while rival Mac OS X -- to which Vista has often been compared -- has shown little, if any, growth, a metrics company reports.
Pump-and-dump stock scammers have begun using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to deliver their get-rich-quick schemes, another in a series of moves they've made trying to slip past antispam filters.
HP on Monday announced plans to acquire thin-client computing vendor Neoware for approximately US$214 million in a deal HP says will enhance its personal systems technologies.
Intel later this year will help server network interfaces take advantage of the major recent advances in data centers: multiprocessor systems, multicore processors and virtualization.
Details of a new Microsoft Web analytics tool, including when the beta version will be released and how the company will get its demographic data, have leaked onto the Internet.
Fed up with slow tape backup systems and under pressure by regulators and auditors to keep data online and readily available, large and midsize businesses are making disk-to-disk backup technology a top priority in their data centers this year.
Scientists have discovered that "avalanche" effects in spinning magnetic fields can cause data loss in disk drives - and are working on changes to recording layer chemistry that should give us more reliable storage.
An external drive that drops its power down in three stages as inactivity time lengthens has been announced by Kanguru. It is an 80 - 750GB capacity product, connecting to Windows or Mac systems by USB 2.0.
ProMOS Technologies raised its projected 2007 spending on new memory chip plants this year, bucking expectations that falling DRAM (dynamic RAM) prices might cause companies to rein in such spending.
Global PC sales have slowed a tad over the past few weeks as the market waits for Intel to announce new price reductions, market researchers said.
Microsoft on Thursday quelled rumors that the beta of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) was just around the corner.
3Com may not be the only company Nortel is interested in. The Canadian telecom giant might also be sizing up four others for acquisition, according to an investor bulletin issued this week by UBS Warburg.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW