Microsoft chief executive officer Steve Ballmer believes that sales forecasts for its new Vista operating system may be "overly aggressive."
New content delivery technology has been developed to improve advertising to consumers' mobile phones. Aimed at large lifestyle companies wanting to foster brand loyalty amongst the younger generation, Broadcaster enables advertisers to broadcast mul...
Quanta Computer, the world's largest contract laptop PC manufacturer, already has confirmed orders for one million notebook PCs for the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project, a company representative said Thursday.
Users can chalk up a critical vulnerability -- now patched -- in Windows Vista, a Microsoft security manager said Wednesday. Though if people want to get picky, the fix for the company's malware scanning engine isn't really for a flaw in the operatin...
Microsoft went on the offensive Wednesday with a Valentine's Day attack on IBM openly accusing its rival of trying to subvert Microsoft's efforts to standardize its new document format and in turn destabilize customer choices.
One of Australia's biggest consumer electronics retailers, JB Hi-Fi, has wholeheartedly jumped on the Blu-ray bandwagon by announcing it won't be stocking the rival HD-DVD optical disc format.
If you haven't changed the default password on your home router, do so now.
The head of Warner Music Group defended the use of DRM (digital rights management) with digital music on Wednesday in an apparent response to recent criticism from Apple CEO Steve Jobs.
Google dropped the invitation-only restriction for its Gmail e-mail service on Wednesday, one of its linchpin applications complementing its popular search engine.
The leader of a gang that committed what has been described as the Netherland's biggest cybercrime is appealing his sentence.
EBay plans to increase the programming tools it provides external developers so that they will be able to increase the volume and variety of applications they create for the company's marketplace.
The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is planning to launch a campaign that would allow individuals charged with pirating music on peer-to-peer networks to settle claims against them at a reduced rate.
U.S. researchers have come up with a technique that claims to be able to stop Internet worms within milliseconds of an outbreak.
Just weeks before launching its new Centrino notebook platform, Intel has cancelled plans to provide wireless access with an High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) module built by Nokia.
Microsoft Wednesday said it has agreed to settle a class-action lawsuit in Iowa that, during its trial phase, had resulted in the unearthing of numerous internal documents and e-mails that were embarrassing to the company.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- Tensions rise over LTE using Wi-Fi channels
- Why Dropbox left Amazon's cloud and built its own from scratch
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW