BEA Systems' planned next-generation application platform, called Project Genesis, will feature an open source component and accommodate scripting languages such as Ruby and Perl, BEA officials said at the BEAWorld San Francisco conference on Tuesday...
U.K. retailer Next has admitted its Next Directory online and catalogue business has suffered fraud losses of several million pounds in the first half of the year.
Powerful PCs don't have to be power-hungry, claimed OQO this week as it launched a Windows Vista-capable version of its 02 ultra-mobile PC (UMPC), sporting VIA's latest ultra-low-voltage (ULV) 1.6GHz processor chip.
Microsoft and Novell on Wednesday swung open the doors on their Windows/Linux interoperability lab and said its initial focus will be around three projects involving virtualization, management and identity federation.
Cisco CEO John Chambers Wednesday outlined his vision for the future of the IT industry at VMworld in San Francisco.
Game developers in Australia just want a fair shake, one they claim mediums like film and TV are already getting in the form of government kickbacks.
US Sen. Barack Obama launched a new Web 2.0 campaign effort Wednesday, using LinkedIn's professional networking site to solicit comments from the network's 14 million users about business topics.
Adaptec has added three iSCSI-only storage subsystems to its SnapServer line, and aims to go head to head with NetApp, EqualLogic, LeftHand and even Dell/EMC in the market for mid-sized storage area networks, or SANs.
The Sydney Opera House is looking to extend its existing blade server infrastructure with HP's new c3000 series systems which promise to bring enterprise blade technology to branch offices and SMBs.
FaceTime Communications, a maker of network security appliances, announced the USG (Unified Security Gateway), one of the first devices directed at the full gamut of UC (unified communications) services, this week.
NetApp has, as predicted, announced its new FAS 2020 and FAS 2050 storage arrays. They use serial-attached SCSI (SAS) drives, a first for NetApp, but only internally. Expansion shelves can only use Fibre Channel or Serial ATA (SATA) drives.
With virtualization on the minds of over 10,000 VMworld attendees this week, VMware decided to announce its new ESX Server 3i, aimed at attracting new users with its tiny 32 MB footprint, enhanced security and ease-of-use.
PlateSpin on Tuesday announced a new version of its data center planning and analysis software that adds support for chargeback of resources and enhanced manageability.
The Chinese government's "Great Firewall of China," used to filter objectionable content from reaching users via the Internet, is actually a "panopticon," or an area where everything is visible, and not a true firewall at all, according to univerity ...
Hewlett-Packard researchers have developed a medical patch that uses thermal inkjet technology found in printers to painlessly administer drugs to a patient.
Take home a Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive (64GB) this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCSitecore .Net DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - ProcurementNSW
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerVIC
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD