Microsoft confirmed it has fixed a bug in its online file storage and sharing service Windows Live FolderShare after users reported problems that the service was deleting files without user authorization.
When the 2008 Olympic Games kick off in Beijing next year, organizers will be using a sophisticated computer system to scan video images of city streets looking for everything from troublemakers to terrorists.
Roughly 500 million of the world's mobile phones, or more than 40 percent of the global total, were or will be produced in China this year, according to the country's Ministry of Information Industry.
Attack code threatens popular media players from Microsoft and AOL, said a security expert who told Windows users to remove a buggy coder/decoder (codec) or disable the player programs.
A former Microsoft manager who acquired, registered and retired the company's Internet domain names was arrested Thursday and charged with stealing more than US$1 million from Microsoft, Expedia and a California company, federal prosecutors said.
Many partners in Facebook's Beacon seem reticent to address the raging privacy controversy surrounding the ad program, resorting to terse, vague statements or opting for outright silence when asked for comment.
Toshiba on Monday launched its first tablet PCs with LED screens, taking some thunder away from Dell, which later in the day is expected to launch Latitude XT, its convertible PC with an LED screen.
While Google's Linux mobile phone platform, Android, has been stealing the spotlight, another longer-standing mobile Linux group is also moving ahead.
Microsoft is installing HP ProCurve networking gear in all of its Microsoft Technology Centers around the world.
In yet another example showing that clueless consumers aren't the only ones who fall victim to computer scams, the Oak Ridge National Laboratory yesterday disclosed that phishing attacks may have provided cybercrooks with access to personal data on p...
Texas Attorney General Gregg Abbott has sued two Web sites that cater to children for failing to take adequate measures to protect their identities and personal information.
Several celebrity MySpace.com sites were defaced Wednesday by someone hoping to impress a hacker crew, a security researcher said Friday, a motivation of yore that harks back to when hackers sought notoriety rather than credit card numbers.
Apple recently threatened retailers in a Singapore mall with legal action if they continue to sell unlocked iPhones, prompting many to stop selling the handsets, The Straits Times newspaper reported Friday.
Executives from 12 large companies, including The Coca-Cola Co., Wells Fargo & Co., Kaiser Permanente, General Motors and Dell, have jointly formed a Blog Council aimed at promoting corporate blogging best practices - a plan that has already elicited...
Struggling smartphone maker Palm can't win for losing.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Devops EngineerVIC
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Process Analyst (Automation) - Finance - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC