In an effort to reach the world's next billion PC users, Intel said Tuesday that it plans to spend US$1 billion (AU$1.3 billion) over the next five years to deliver Internet access to developing countries.
Google said Tuesday that it has complained to the European Commission about the way that Microsoft bundles its own search mechanism in the newest version of Internet Explorer.
Just as in the 1980s, when the Betamax and VHS video formats were battling it out for supremacy, the pornography industry will likely play a big role in determining which of the two blue-laser DVD formats -- Blu-ray Disc and HD-DVD -- will be the win...
Mozilla has released an update to its Firefox browser, fixing a known security flaw in the open-source software.
Work from anywhere, earn $4000 a month for just six hours a week, no experience required. Sound too good to be true? It probably is, and it could probably land you in jail. An email circulating last week appearing to be from Seek.com.au is yet anothe...
Windows' users will be able to download the beta version of Adobe's Lightroom photographic suite in June.
Unit sales of handheld devices fell below 1.5 million in the first quarter, marking the ninth consecutive quarter that worldwide shipments of PDAs have declined from their year-over-year marks, according to a study from market research group, IDC.
Online retailer Amazon.com is now using Microsoft's Windows Live search to power search results for its Alexa toolbar and A9 search engine.
Infineon Technologies might have just gotten its biggest boost for its proposed public stock offering of DRAM (dynamic-RAM)) spin-off Qimonda, moving up to second place in global revenue for DRAM during the first quarter, market researcher Gartner Da...
Just because you use a Macintosh, don't think you're any more secure than a Wintel user.
Symantec on Monday announced the formation of a group of security companies, financial institutions and Internet retailers that are banding together to help fight phishing.
Seiko Epson Corp. has succeeded in getting four online retailers of printer ink cartridges to stop selling a number of third-party ink cartridges designed for use in Epson printers, the Japanese company said Friday.
Skype users are being freed up thanks to the Australian launch of SkypeIn which allows users to receive calls on their computer from ordinary phones.
Sony is preparing to take another swing at Apple Computer's iPod digital music player, a top Sony executive said last week.
Acer reported its first-quarter net profit nearly doubled from a year ago despite strong competition in the PC market from rivals such as HP and Dell.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCCisco Program Manager - Data Centre/Security ImplementationNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT