You know those pesky but necessary CAPTCHA boxes whose squiggly letters and digits you need to retype to make use of certain parts of sites such as Yahoo, Wikipedia and PayPal?
A CRM upgrade which caused Vodafone's pre-paid service to 'brown out' for over a week was totally foreseen, says the company.
European data protection officials have written to Google warning that the search giant may be in breach of E.U. privacy because of the way it retains data on individual searches.
Hackers may want to avoid Germany, after the approval of a law that makes their activity a punishable crime.
Users of Google Calendar can now access their schedules from their mobile phones.
Nudity in the videogame "Halo 2" for Windows Vista has pushed back the long-awaited title's official release to the end of the month, Microsoft said Friday.
The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) Project is asking software coders to develop free, open-source educational computer games for the XO laptop, continuing its push toward a September launch date.
Symantec has affirmed that a buggy security update, which brought down millions of Chinese PCs, only affected computers with the Simplified Chinese version of Windows XP.
Two of the world's biggest flat-panel display makers, Sony and LG.Philips LCD, unveiled flexible full-color displays at a display industry show in California this week.
Australia needs to increase the funding and expand initiatives to protect critical infrastructure if it is to avoid a cyber war similar to the one that has struck Estonia for the past three weeks, according to a Deakin University professor.
Government needs to reflect the changes in communications that have resulted from Web 2.0 technology and help facilitate two-way communication between citizens.
Talent agents and publicists have the most contacts in their online address books, according to a survey released yesterday by Plaxo, a company that provides a service to manage e-mail, instant messenger and other sources of personal contact data.
IBM plans to announce a tool called Secure Perspective to help non-technical people establish security policies.
Dell will begin selling two models of its desktop PCs at Wal-Mart Stores in the US on June 10, fulfilling a series of recent hints from CEO Michael Dell that the company would move beyond the direct sales model that once made it the world's largest P...
Mozilla has met a major milestone in its march to Firefox 3.0, developers said yesterday, by adding another chunk of the new Places feature to the alpha set for release late next week.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTest EngineerNSW