Configuring a PC around the minimum hardware requirements of an application or operating system is lot like agreeing to live in a basement apartment. Sure, it will work as a place to live -- if you don't mind damp and dim living conditions.
Rumors circulated late last week on Wall Street that Palm was putting itself up for sale, which one industry analyst said would be a good idea.
Hoping to accelerate the adoption of Vista for businesses, Microsoft Tuesday unveiled tools to help companies deploy the new Windows client OS, including software that allows older versions of Windows to run virtually alongside Vista.
Struggling consumer electronics maker, Victor Co. of Japan (JVC), won't make any money this year.
The combined Alcatel-Lucent has announced local building company Masterton Homes as the 10 millionth small to medium business user of its OmniPCX IP telephony platform.
Days after naming an electronics manufacturing executive to a new corporate position, Dell Chief Executive Officer Michael Dell has continued a shakeup of his struggling company by hiring another outsider for his leadership team.
Banner advertisements for a security application said to report false or inflated threats appeared for at least a few days on Microsoft's instant messaging (IM) program, prompting warnings from security analysts.
Qualcomm is offering mobile phone makers a choice of technologies to tune into mobile TV services.
Researchers from Siemens have successfully tested technology that not only increases the speed of passive optical broadband connections to the home or office but also the radius of coverage.
In a move to enhance its digital portfolio and attract international talent, online services provider Hyro has expanded to the virtual world of Second Life.
Microsoft has week ported its newest antipiracy platform service to Windows Server 2003, but left out a feature available on versions for Vista and Longhorn that lets users run the service in a virtualized environment.
A New York company has agreed to pay US$1.5 million to settle charges that it infected victims' computers with adware.
Future models of consumer goods, from digital cameras to MP3 players, could take a leap forward with a new type of analogue circuit demonstrated at a trade show by researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Google is finalizing the integration of Docs & Spreadsheets with Google Apps for Your Domain, another step in its strategy to build a suite of hosted applications for organizations.
A surge in Vista-driven PC sales will temporarily dilute Apple's share of the computer market, a financial analyst predicted on Friday -- even though his own survey of a national electronics chain found most stores have sold fewer copies of Windows V...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTableau BI DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW