Virtualization technology, which allows multiple operating systems to run different applications on a single computer, has caught the attention of IT managers for its promise to let them better manage and utilize corporate IT resources.
Details and prices of the first home server running Microsoft's Windows Home Server software were posted briefly on several online stores Monday. Systems are scheduled to ship Sept. 15 at prices starting at US$599 (AU$749).
IBM is hoping to broaden the appeal of its Sametime enterprise IM software by expanding the current stand-alone offering into a family of products in a bid to better compete with other unified communications players like Microsoft and Cisco.
Wells Fargo & Co. may have a new problem, following its widespread computer crash earlier this week: online scammers.
Wells Fargo & Co. customers may have a hard time getting an up-to-date balance statement Tuesday, as the US's fifth-largest bank continued to iron out service problems related to a Sunday computer failure.
A Microsoft executive on Tuesday addressed the recent Skype outage by comparing VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) to early automobiles in a horse-drawn world.
Search technology is becoming a central tool in everyday life, said Ask.com CEO Jim Lanzone at the Search Engine Strategies 2007 conference in San Jose, California on Tuesday.
Google's GrandCentral Communications is finding it tricky to keep its promise to provide its clients with a single phone number "for life."
Microsoft is working on a "service in the sky" for unified communications, an executive said Tuesday at the VoiceCon conference in San Francisco.
As videoconferencing creeps into business networks, it will pass the telecommuter by, at least for a while.The average telecommuter will at best have a low-quality image amid otherwise stunningly realistic video displays on ultra-high-definition scre...
RealNetworks and MTV Networks have formed a new company that will combine their online music services and have an exclusive deal with Verizon Wireless to be the platform for its wireless music service. The companies are joining forces to compete with...
Bebo, operator of the Bebo social networking site, and Microsoft on Tuesday announced an agreement to offer the Windows Live Messenger instant messaging service to Bebo users.
Dell customers in the U.S. continue to wait for laptops ordered weeks, and in some cases, months before, comments left on a recent company blog posting revealed.
I've always said that studio support is one of the key things in this format war between Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD. And given that the support for disc formats was always up to the studios, who could conceivably change sides at some point in the game, ...
iiNet has struck a deal with Tomizone Limited, a New Zealand-based company offering services that allows Wi-Fi routers to share Internet bandwidth.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lost thumb drives bedevil US banking agency
- FBI to probe new emails related to Clinton's private server
- New Windows code injection method could let malware bypass detection
- Uber drivers in the UK are employees, court rules
- EU privacy watchdogs seek answers from WhatsApp and Yahoo about users' data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCData Warehousing /Business Intelligence DeveloperACT
- FTData ScientistSA
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportWA
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTInstructional Designer - eLearningSA
- CCTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AX - Brisbane BasedQLD
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTJava/JEE DeveloperVIC
- CCIntegrated logistics support Manager (ILS)ACT
- TPEDRMS Project ManagerVIC
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- FTJava Developer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTTest ManagerNSW
- CCSAP BI Project ManagerNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW