Bugs in Sun Microsystems's StarOffice and OpenOffice.org's OpenOffice application suites allow attackers to snatch control of a computer by serving up malicious documents or URLs, the two organizations said Monday.
Freshtel will make available an Internet Telephony service to customers participating in a broadband over powerline (BPL) trial in the Queanbeyan area of NSW.
Tuesday marked the one-year anniversary of the ODF Alliance, an international group of organizations dedicated to promoting Open Document format for XML (ODF) as an international standard for document formats. But while the group has encouraged publi...
Developers have released a major update to the Metasploit security testing tool designed to run more smoothly on the Windows operating system.
A Vista bug is frustrating some users with extra-long wait times to move, copy or delete files. Microsoft has acknowledged the flaw and produced a hot fix for it, but users must call the company's support line to obtain the patch.
Prominent blogger Kathy Sierra cancelled a workshop she was scheduled to give today at O'Reilly's Emerging Technology Conference in San Diego and suspended her blog because of death threats she received on her blog and threats of violence posted on o...
So, your company won't pay for personal calls on your business cell phone? Bad idea, according to one analyst firm that surveyed businesses on the topic.
Microsoft has made good on its promise from earlier this month, shipping the first public beta of its Office Communications Server 2007 and Officer Communicator client.
Researchers are trying to figure out how to make more of the good stuff float to the top of Internet search engines and keep more of the bad stuff buried.
New software has been published on the Internet that could be used to exploit a known flaw in Internet Explorer.
Sales of Vista during the first month that the newest Windows operating system was available to consumers were more than double the sales that Windows XP racked up in twice the time, Microsoft said.
An Internet scorecard application which rates potential risks on Web sites has been downloaded more than 38 million times since it was launched 12 months ago.
iSCSI technology is entering the mainstream as growing numbers of enterprises consider the storage alternative for its lower costs and management simplicity, analysts say.
Microsoft has reached a deal with Piczo, a photo-sharing and networking Web site for teenagers, to supply online advertising for their U.K. site, the companies said Monday.
In the coming weeks, AOL will upgrade the beta version of its latest Web mail offering to include an expanded integrated instant messaging capability.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Michelle Rowland to lead broadband fight for Labor
- More than half the world is still offline
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCExcel Modelling specialist/consultant.VIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC