Microsoft will release the first service pack for Office 2007 next week, the company confirmed Wednesday.
With some 60 developers spread across three continents, Sydney-based logistics and freight software company CargoWise edi is moving its products and in-house systems to the new Windows Server 2008 to improve performance and efficiency.
Lost amidst Microsoft's announcement on Monday that it will relax an antipiracy mechanism in Windows Vista was the news that the company plans to drop the same "kill switch" from its upcoming Windows Server 2008 operating system.
OpenOffice.org fixed a critical flaw Wednesday in its suite's database engine that attackers could use to shanghai a computer, and the project's organizers urged customers to update to 2.3.1 as soon as possible.
Director Michael Bay criticized Microsoft's "dirty secret" in backing HD DVD saying the real agenda is to eventually move towards digital downloads.
A North Carolina man last week was sentenced to 110 years in prison after admitting that he and a co-conspirator hacked into computers used by young girls and used illicitly gained data to blackmail them.
A new online health application called e-couch has been developed to provide evidence-based therapies for common mental health problems, free of charge to the community.
Google announced a new application for the iPhone Wednesday that allows users to integrate its services into a single interface so they can easily find, use and switch between Google's search, Gmail, Calendar and Reader.
With Intel and Advanced Micro Devices reportedly backing off their long and bloody price war, a struggling AMD may be getting a little breathing room.
Facebook is giving members of its social network the ability to completely decline participating in the company's controversial Beacon ad system, a reaction to intense criticism that Beacon is too intrusive and compromises people's privacy.
Antivirus software vendor Grisoft Wednesday announced it has acquired start-up Exploit Prevention Labs for an undisclosed price.
Fujitsu Siemens Computers (FSC) has overhauled its CentricStor virtual tape appliance and now offers backup to either disk or tape with the product. It is the only product to combine automated tape and disk backup in one offering.
Microsoft released on Wednesday a technology preview of its Volta Web developer toolset, which is intended to make it easier to build multi-tier Web applications, including applications useful in SaaS environments.
Facebook could have avoided the strident, weeks-long controversy engulfing its Beacon ad system if, when designing and deploying it, the social-networking company had followed basic social etiquette principles, such as being considerate and candid.
Many big-brand security products fail to spot commonly-circulating malware, testing outfit has Virus Bulletin found in its latest tests.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
- Companion mobile app exposed Hyundai cars to potential hijacking
- FCC chairman plans to 'reverse the mistake' of net neutrality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMVIC
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Fiori Technical SpecialistsACT
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT