Rambus has broadened its legal battle against parts of the memory chip industry and is suing South Korea's Samsung Electronics, the world's number one DRAM (dynamic RAM) maker, Rambus said Tuesday.
New versions of the Mozilla Foundation's browsers have reintroduced a seven-year-old flaw that makes them vulnerable to spoofing attacks, security advisory company Secunia said Monday.
In a sign of how tough the mobile phone business is these days, Taiwanese electronics maker BenQ has agreed to take over Siemens AG's loss-making handset division in return for Euro 250 million (AUD$400 million), and to try to rebuild it as a top glo...
Enterprise instant messaging vendor FaceTime Communications has acquired antispyware vendor XBlock Systems and will integrate its technologies into FaceTime's IM and peer-to-peer product lines. In an announcement Tuesday, FaceTime said it also acqui...
A jury on Monday awarded US$8.96 million to a Guatemalan inventor who sued Microsoft for patent infringement.
With the iPod having established itself as a hot product, companies at last year's Computex were bullish on the prospects of portable media players in the year-end shopping season. But the season came and passed with few sales and so many of the manu...
Microsoft's enterprise messaging server will gain antiphishing capabilities before the end of the year, the company said Monday. Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2, due in the fourth quarter, will feature Sender ID support, the first implementation...
Compression algorithm newcomer MatrixView is pitching its new imaging method .Muv at the Jpeg market.
SkyNetGlobal hopes the lure of VoIP will double the take-up of its home wireless service.
Microsoft opened its largest annual show on Monday by providing details on how it plans to evolve its software, servers and tools in a way that will turn developers and IT administrators from traditional adversaries into new-found allies.
Long-range plans for Microsoft's Indigo Web services technology include enabling its use on handheld devices, a company official said at the Microsoft TechEd conference here on Monday afternoon.
Mapping of telephone numbers to domain names using a Domain Name System (DNS)-based architecture to facilitate services like voice over IP moved a step closer Monday with the launch of a local Enum trial.
Red Hat is readying the first major update to its free Fedora Core Linux distribution since November 2004. Expected June 13, a week behind schedule, Fedora Core 4 will be the first release of the Raleigh, North Carolina, company's Linux operating sys...
Taiwan's Micro-Star International showed off a PC graphics card at Computex capable of being used with two popular interfaces, PCI Express (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express) and AGP (Accelerated Graphics Port), in order to help users save mo...
Two security researchers say they have discovered a technique for taking control of Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones, even when the handsets have security features switched on.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW