Worldwide PC unit shipments grew strongly in the first quarter, according to research companies Gartner and IDC.
Blaming a slump in PC growth rates, Intel reported $US8.9 billion in revenue for the first quarter of 2006, down 5 per cent from the same quarter last year.
Samsung Electronics said on Wednesday it has developed a tiny, 2G-byte memory card for use in mobile phones, just three months after it announced a card with half of that capacity.
A media rights group has identified a third dissident who the Chinese government arrested based on information apparently supplied by a Yahoo subsidiary.
Yahoo is considering giving users of Yahoo Messenger free access to tens of thousands of Wi-Fi hot spots worldwide so they can engage in instant messaging, including voice communications, while unplugged from their regular home or office Internet con...
Fujitsu Computer Systems announced four new notebook PCs on Tuesday, all powered by chips from Intel and all designed for business users.
Scientists have reported an important speed breakthrough which brings closer the day when quantum encryption becomes a usable part of communications security.
Dutch electronics giant Koninklijke Philips Electronics and New Venture Partners have formed a new company, Liquavista, to commercialize electrowetting display technology, the companies said Wednesday.
Governments need to pass more antispam laws, give law enforcement agencies more resources and work better across borders to combat unsolicited e-mail clogging up inboxes, an international economic group said Wednesday.
The hacker who created a widely reported cross-platform virus that could affect both Windows and Linux PCs may have inadvertently done some free bug testing for the Linux operating system. On Wednesday Linux creator Linus Torvalds said he had patched...
Queensland's Department of Child Safety has revealed its new Information Renewal Initiative (IRI) will cost $61 million as it expands to accommodate additional agencies.
Clarity1 has become the first company to be successfully prosecuted under the 2003 Spam Act after the Perth Federal Court ruled in favour of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
New Zealand will get a taste of the next generation high-speed network technology for GSM/UMTS (Global System for Mobile Communications/Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) operators tomorrow when Vodafone New Zealand demonstrates HSDPA (High ...
DRAM (dynamic-RAM) chip makers are forecasting higher prices for DDR2 (double data rate, second generation) memory chips over the next three months, and current trends could mean they'll remain strong all year.
Apple is facing a lawsuit over technology within its popular iPod digital music player and two related applications.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia