Takafumi Horie, the one-time high-flying head of Japanese Internet portal Livedoor Co., was released from the Tokyo Detention House on Thursday after three months of confinement following his arrest on Jan. 23 on suspicion of securities fraud.
Intel expects a 3 percent drop in revenue for 2006 and plans a reorganization that could include layoffs over the next 90 days, Chief Executive Officer Paul Otellini said Thursday.
Five U.S. residents face criminal copyright charges for their alleged participation in the online "warez" file-trading community, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Thursday.
A British computer hacker facing extradition for breaking into U.S. military computers said Thursday that computer administrators fail to take easy steps that deter unwanted intrusions.
Microsoft's latest update to its built-in antipiracy checks for Windows XP has spurred someone to post a method for bypassing the system on a popular technology blog.
Photo Imaging World kicks off in Sydney on Friday with some vendors showcasing their latest digital camera wares, while others will not be showing at all.
Seagate announced Wednesday that it is shipping its 750-gigabyte Barracuda 7200.10 drive. This drive represents an increase in capacity of 50 percent over the previous industry maximum of 500GB and is the first 3.5-inch internal drive in the industry...
Microsoft is investigating a new zero-day flaw in Internet Explorer that could put fully-patched Windows systems at risk of takeover. Less serious bugs have also been reported in the Firefox and Safari browsers.
Mozilla's Firefox is getting promoted on one of the world's most popular Web pages, Google's Google.com home page, as the open-source browser continues its David-vs.-Goliath battle against Microsoft's Internet Explorer.
Collaborative, secure and flexible application development -- was a key motif at VSLive! 2006, the four-day Microsoft developer conference being held in Toronto this week.
Enterprise users say they are unfazed that support for Microsoft's Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition (SE) and Windows Millennium Edition (ME) ends in July 2006.
A Web-based approach for the triage of emergency patients has enhanced the oral health outcomes of thousands of Victorians.
The quality of the picture on desktop monitors, laptop screens, LCD TVs and dozens of consumer electronic devices is set to improve drastically with new backlighting technology that creates far more vibrant colours, brighter screens and sharper image...
Local broadband uptake will improve if service providers deliver better pricing and more advanced services, according to analysts at IDC.
Parties on both sides of a copyright infringement suit against Napster investors will have to produce privileged documents, a U.S. District Court judge ruled Friday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT