The next update to Microsoft Corp.'s Windows CE .Net OS (operating system), which has been given the code name McKendric, will ship before the middle of 2003 and include several new features, a company executive said at the Microsoft Embedded DevCon ...
Manufacturing miscues, management shakeups, and a flagging technology industry have made for several tough years at Transmeta Corp. Undaunted, the upstart chip maker is set to again challenge giant Intel Corp., boasting a handful of new design wins a...
In a case that underscores the increasing importance search rankings have on business, Google Technologies Inc. is fighting to dismiss a lawsuit claiming that it purposely devalued the search rankings of online advertising network Search King Inc.
A new school in Sunderland, U.K., plans to use a retina scanning device to charge students for lunches in an attempt to make the school "cashless" and protect poor children who receive free food from being bullied and ridiculed by other children in t...
Want to share multimedia on your PC with your stereo or TV? Hewlett-Packard Co. has the product for you: The Digital Media Receiver 5000.
The technology behind Microsoft Corp.'s futuristic "smart objects" has humbler origins than one might expect. It's used to pipe music into elevators and was tested by Atari two decades ago as a way of sending new video games to its consoles, a develo...
Recordable DVD drives are stirring a new wave of interest in personal video recording on PCs, and NVidia Corp. is ready with a new generation of its Personal Cinema graphics boards, unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show last week.
A small company named E.Digital Corp. hopes to challenge Apple Computer Inc.'s IPod for the title of World's Slickest MP3 Player with its new voice-activated, hard-drive-based Odyssey 1000.
Digital Innovations LLC has rolled out an MP3 player that can broadcast music for playback on an FM radio -- say, in your car -- over unused frequencies.
Timex Corp. showed at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas an upgrade to its Ironman Data Link watch, the original PDA on your wrist. Called the Data Link USB, it uses a USB cable to synchronize information with your PC.
DVDs are everywhere at this year's Consumer Electronics Show, even on camcorders. Sony Corp. is launching a new series of models here that record video to rewriteable DVD discs.
In a world where consumers seek the device that will streamline their digital experience, Sonicblue Inc. has unveiled a strong contender. The company claims that its US$250 GoVideo D2730, announced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, is th...
A lack of common ground among consumers, media companies and makers of consumer electronics (CE) products is holding back the growth of networked media, Rob Glaser, founder and chief executive officer of RealNetworks Inc., said Friday.
Pacific Digital's new MemoryFrame MF570 digital photo display, unveiled at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, may be the answer to the pesky problem of getting photos onto your wall or desk without the bother of prints or expensive subscript...
Convergence -- the notion that PCs and home electronics will merge into new consumer technology--has rarely created products many real people want. But at last week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, the worlds are starting to blend in new, pr...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- One week after patch, Flash vulnerability already exploited in large-scale attacks
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW