A Las Vegas man has agreed to plead guilty to wire fraud for impersonating an intellectual property lawyer and threatening to sue owners of certain Internet domain names.
The executive in charge of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's criminal investigations division will take over as chief security officer (CSO) of Verizon Communications Inc. early next year.
Patch management company PatchLink is no more, but its demise is not bad news. The company has changed its name to Lumension Security.
Newly released processors from Advanced Micro Devices and Intel will reinvigorate the market for high-end servers, according to one server analyst.
Standards Australia has defended it's decision to abstain from the ISO (International Organisation for Standardization) and IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) ballot to approve Microsoft's Office Open XML format as an international stand...
Trend Micro said Tuesday it is teaming with startup Third Brigade to integrate its intrusion-prevention system capability into Trend Micro's OfficeScan endpoint-security product.
Microsoft has won a patent for a digital-watermarking technology that could be used to protect the rights of content owners even when digital music is distributed without DRM protection.
Microsoft has denied it has switched on an anti-piracy measure in Windows Vista that would result in a "black screen of darkness" for unlicensed OEM copies of the operating system but the software giant did not rule out turning it on in the future.
There are two things different about Morrisville State College this week. One is the campus-wide wireless LAN, with about 700 access points, including 10 brand new draft IEEE 802.11n access points from Meru Networks.
Microsoft has issued four security bulletins that patched just four vulnerabilities in Windows, Visual Studio and the MSN and Windows Live Messenger software, setting a 2007 record for the fewest flaws fixed in a monthly scheduled update.
Mozilla has posted mock-ups of Places, one of the most-awaited new features in the upcoming Firefox 3.0., on its Web site.
The prediction of thunderstorms has never been an exact science. But a research team from the University of Oklahoma and the US federal government is poised to dramatically improve weather forecasting with supercomputer analyses of the individual cel...
Microsoft late Monday released BizTalk Server 2006 R2, its first software with RFID support and the foundation for its SOA, supply chain and business process-management platforms.
While fighting cybercrime has become a bigger problem for law enforcement over the past 10 years, given increased involvement from organized-crime groups, officials are seeing some results from recent legislation and international coordination effort...
Platforms that detect when sensitive corporate data is leaked are more effective against people making honest errors than they are against criminals trying to steal the data, says one analyst.
Take home a Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive (64GB) this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- GoDaddy offers $1.8 billion for Host Europe
- Cisco Meraki sees the hotel of the future in its new Wi-Fi gear
- Tell-tale toys open bedroom door to strangers, consumer groups warn
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCProject Manager X2VIC
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)VIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)NSW