Governments need to pass more antispam laws, give law enforcement agencies more resources and work better across borders to combat unsolicited e-mail clogging up inboxes, an international economic group said Wednesday.
The hacker who created a widely reported cross-platform virus that could affect both Windows and Linux PCs may have inadvertently done some free bug testing for the Linux operating system. On Wednesday Linux creator Linus Torvalds said he had patched...
Queensland's Department of Child Safety has revealed its new Information Renewal Initiative (IRI) will cost $61 million as it expands to accommodate additional agencies.
Clarity1 has become the first company to be successfully prosecuted under the 2003 Spam Act after the Perth Federal Court ruled in favour of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
New Zealand will get a taste of the next generation high-speed network technology for GSM/UMTS (Global System for Mobile Communications/Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) operators tomorrow when Vodafone New Zealand demonstrates HSDPA (High ...
DRAM (dynamic-RAM) chip makers are forecasting higher prices for DDR2 (double data rate, second generation) memory chips over the next three months, and current trends could mean they'll remain strong all year.
Apple is facing a lawsuit over technology within its popular iPod digital music player and two related applications.
Yahoo has acquired most of the technology from Meedio, which makes software that turns PCs into DVRs (digital video recorders) and digital media organizers and links them with television sets, Meedio announced on Monday.
Dell moved to solidify its position in the lucrative gaming market Tuesday by launching the XPS M1710, a dual-core processor machine designed to let gamers simultaneously play three-dimensional games while encoding music or scanning for viruses.
In a move to strengthen its expertise in next-generation wireless technologies, Motorola said Tuesday it has agreed to acquire privately held Orthogon Systems for an undisclosed sum.
Microsoft plans to promote adoption of the Sender ID e-mail specification and introduce a new program for helping ISPs (Internet service providers) protect the integrity of e-mail messages at the E-mail Authentication Summit in Chicago.
By now, you'd think that nobody would be gullible enough to fall for a phish. But you'd be wrong.
Microsoft has initiated a new program to push its software into the health-care industry, the company announced at the World Health Care Congress, which began Monday in Washington, D.C.
Acer, the world's third largest PC company, has withdrawn its representative from the board of directors at BenQ so each company can focus on its own brand name and to avoid conflict over their competing businesses.
RealNetworks Friday said it has won a patent-infringement suit that Ethos Technologies brought against the company in 2002.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Intel's Itanium to live an as HPE commits to new servers with the chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC