Microsoft plans to promote adoption of the Sender ID e-mail specification and introduce a new program for helping ISPs (Internet service providers) protect the integrity of e-mail messages at the E-mail Authentication Summit in Chicago.
By now, you'd think that nobody would be gullible enough to fall for a phish. But you'd be wrong.
Microsoft has initiated a new program to push its software into the health-care industry, the company announced at the World Health Care Congress, which began Monday in Washington, D.C.
Acer, the world's third largest PC company, has withdrawn its representative from the board of directors at BenQ so each company can focus on its own brand name and to avoid conflict over their competing businesses.
RealNetworks Friday said it has won a patent-infringement suit that Ethos Technologies brought against the company in 2002.
Some internet users and administrators see increased input by governments into the public policy aspects of the internet as worrying, but ICANN chairman Vint Cerf views it as a positive move.
Significant changes made in a security patch from Microsoft to the way Internet Explorer processes ActiveX can cause Siebel 7 client software to lock up and become unusable.
An injunction that could disrupt the distribution of the Xbox 360 game console is possible because of a patent suit Lucent Technologies filed against Microsoft, according to attorneys who practice intellectual property (IP) law.
As part of Microsoft's continued efforts to promote its anti-piracy campaign in China, Microsoft and Lenovo Group executives plan to sign a $US1.2 billion deal to cement a joint effort by the companies to provide genuine Windows software to Chinese c...
Fujitsu hasn't taken sides in the next-generation DVD format battle and as such plans a late June launch of a desktop PC with a Blu-ray Disc drive and a laptop computer with an HD-DVD drive.
Rootkits are becoming more prevalent and difficult to detect, and security vendor McAfee says the blame falls squarely on the open source community.
Users of Hewlett-Packard printers, scanners and cameras may be experiencing some problems after installing Microsoft's latest round of security patches, released late last week. The problems, which concern a Windows operating system patch numbered MS...
Hoping to counter the public perception that the open-source Apache Web server is losing ground to Microsofts Internet Information Services (ISS), Linux advocate Bruce Perens has launched a free domain-parking service.
Enterprise wireless LAN vendor Trapeze Networks has teamed up with a mobility appliance startup to demonstrate handoffs between cellular and Wi-Fi networks, the company said Monday.
Sony has released a few details about what is expected to be its first desktop PC to include a Blu-ray Disc drive.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT