While the onset of Epic's Unreal engine and the emphasis of casual games has taken a little shine off of his star, taking a meeting with John Carmack still feels like the rarest of events. It's something like climbing up to the peak of a mountaintop ...
It's been a long wait for the next Burnout, but it won't have been for nothing. Burnout Paradise, the first Burnout game made exclusively for the PS3 and Xbox 360, is for the most part living up to my expectations.
Set 20 years before the first Halo game, Halo Wars takes us through the origins of the UNSC vs. Covenant war. Serina, an A.I. entity similar to Cortana from Halo 1, 2, and 3 narrates the game. She will also help player's stay up-to-date on everything...
Shigeru Miyamoto reveals new details on Mario's latest 3D adventure
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said in a statement this week that Wii could surpass total PS2 sales given the former system's continued success.
Crypto's whipping out some sweet new weapons for his new-gen debut. Check out the ones you'll want to get your hands on first.
WSO2 is upgrading its open source application server, which has been centered on Web services rather than being of the usual Java variety most common in this product space.
Much as the ubiquity of Microsoft's Windows operating system and Office productivity tools has made the software giant a focal point of security research, search giant Google is facing new scrutiny as it diversifies its products and moves further int...
Microsoft on Friday declined to comment on post-Vista plans by releasing a comment -- a move bloggers attributed to buzz about a list of most-asked-for features to Vista's successor. The list was yanked from a Microsoft forum earlier last week.
Just days after a security researcher blasted its Java patching system, Sun Microsystems has issued a critical update to the consumer version of its Java software.
Some early users of Yoomba's new e-mail calling and chat service are complaining that the service spams their e-mail contact lists.
Although Microsoft's Visual Studio 2008 software development platform is part of a February 2008 multiproduct launch, the company intends to ship it by the end of 2007, said S. "Soma" Somasegar, corporate vice president of the Microsoft Developer Div...
Yahoo has launched Search Suggest, a new search function the company said is a "faster way to find what you're looking for."
In an unexpected development, chip giant Intel has joined the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) initiative. The nonprofit project aims to equip children in developing countries with specially designed low-cost notebooks powered by chips from Intel's rival ...
Startup Yoomba has launched its namesake service that lets e-mailers place VOIP calls and exchange instant messages.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ