In search of ways to make its mobile phones better networked and easier to use, Nokia has unveiled a lab where it will collaborate with academic researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge.
A new alliance headed by EMC's VMware division hopes to make it easier to deploy virtualised desktops in the enterprise and make bulky, unmanageable standalone PCs a thing of the past.
Hewlett-Packard is recalling 15,700 notebook batteries after reports that they overheated, causing minor property damage and, in one instance, a minor burn injury.
Google's recent launch of a product-listings service with an online payment system has eBay on red alert and seeking to defend itself through partnerships with Yahoo or Microsoft, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.
Industry experts are split on the wisdom of the alliance eBay is reportedly seeking to form with Microsoft or Yahoo to combat Google.
Microsoft plans to re-issue a security patch for its Windows operating system that caused serious headaches for some users.
A security researcher has posted code that exploits a number of newly discovered and unpatched bugs in the Mac OS X platform.
Singapore's Chartered Semiconductor Manufacturing has reported that its revenue nearly doubled during the first quarter and announced a deal to produce microprocessors for Microsoft's Xbox 360 game console next year.
The uphill battle that tablet computing continues to face in winning favour with consumers hasn't dampened Bill Gates' enthusiasm for the technology. Microsoft's chairman and chief software architect said that someday tablet PCs will replace textbook...
HP has placed a worldwide recall on selected removable battery packs used in five HP and Compaq notebook series due to a potential safety hazard.
EBay's revenue grew in its first quarter, ended March 31, but net income fell slightly, the company announced this week.
Matsushita Electric Industrial (Panasonic) will sell a flat-panel TV with a 103-inch screen by the end of the year, the company said.
Sony will use the "Alpha" brand name for its new range of digital single lens reflex (DSLR) cameras that are due to launch from the middle of this year.
A string of new LCD factories being built, combined with slow demand for notebook and desktop PC screens, caused LCD prices to fall during the first three months of the year, and the downward trend is expected to continue, vendors and analysts said.
Microsoft is working on an online storage service that appears to be aimed at a service called Gdrive in development at Google according to sources familiar with Microsoft's plans.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- FTWeb Analytics Specialist - TechnicalNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC