Acer announced its Ferrari 4000 notebook computer last week, with a sleek black and red casing made from what it says is the same carbon fiber technology used on the body of Formula One race cars.
Japanese public broadcaster Nippon Hoso Kyokai (NHK), working with Sony, has developed a prototype 1-inch disk drive that is thinner and has more storage capacity than similar drives on the market today, an NHK researcher said this week.
Until recently, most providers of blogging software and services were relatively small startup companies, but now big-footed competitors are joining them, changing the dynamics and philosophies of the so-called blogosphere.
Internet users concerned about the number of virus-infected PCs ready to launch an attack over the Web can at least keep track of how afraid they should be, and satisfy their curiosity, by visiting CipherTrust's new ZombieMeter resource.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) and Microsoft are working together to offer governments national identity systems built on the .Net platform.
Toshiba has developed a slim-line optical disc drive with support for Hewlett-Packard's Lightscribe label-etching technology, it said Tuesday.
E-mail and photo files traditionally haven't played well together, but Yahoo believes it can help improve the situation with an enhancement to its Web mail service that it plans to announce on Thursday.
Ask Jeeves' search engine can make better suggestions to users for narrowing or expanding the scope of a Web search, the company plans to announce on Thursday.
Seiko Epson has made an improvement in its 3LCD (liquid crystal display) technology that could mean clearer images from next year's projectors and projection TV models, it said Wednesday.
At least four things will be on the minds of many attendees at next week's Computex trade show in Taiwan: the dual cores of Intel's Pentium D processor and the dual cores of Advanced Micro Devices' Athlon 64 X2 processor.
Users of the Firefox Web browser have been flocking to Netcraft's Web site to download the security company's new antiphishing toolbar, a company representative said Thursday.
Microsoft is advising users of Netscape 8 to either uninstall the software or to edit their computer's registry files because of a bug in America Online's (AOL) new browser. According to a Microsoft engineer, Netscape 8 disables the XML (Extensible M...
Microsoft and the entertainment industry's holy grail of controlling copyright through the motherboard has moved a step closer with Intel now embedding digital rights management within in its latest dual-core processor Pentium D and accompanying 945 ...
Mobile phone sales hit a new high in the first three months of the year, while the top three manufacturers tightened their grip on the market, according to a study published Wednesday.
Microsoft is having compatability issues with the upcoming .Net Framework 2.0, but says the problem will not delay the release of the Visual Studio 2005 toolset planned for later this year.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Obama rolls out initiative to boost US supercomputer capability
- Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers
- Researchers develop astonishing Web-based attack on a computer's DRAM
- Samsung plots Galaxy S6 price cut, new phones to help business
- As Windows 10 launches, Microsoft pushes for enterprise adoption
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW