Two brothers convicted of running a phony Salvation Army Web site that purportedly raised money for Hurricane Katrina victims were both sentenced to more than 100 months in jail.
Just four days after releasing version 18.104.22.168 of Firefox 2.0 to fix six known bugs, browser developers at Mozilla Corp. had to scramble push out another update -- version 22.214.171.124 -- to fix a new bug that caused problems when the browser was render...
If you think that just because you have never signed up for Facebook you're immune to the tracking and collecting of user activities outside of this popular social networking site, think again.
Motorola's chief technology officer has left the company, just days after Motorola announced it will replace CEO Ed Zander.
A study was released yesterday warning of a rise in international cyber spying, labelling it the single biggest threat to the enterprise in 2008.
Activision and Vivendi Games (parent company of Blizzard Entertainment) announced an 18.9 billion dollar merger on Sunday, forming a new company called Activision Blizzard where current Activision CEO, Robert Kotick, will remain as chief executive.
Sun used strong-arm tactics and made threats to the owners of an open-source directory project to wrestle away control, according to one of the former owners and creators of the project.
Windows Vista made its biggest leap yet in November -- the operating system was in use on nearly one out of 10 Internet-connected computers last month, according to a research firm.
Facebook has confirmed findings of a CA security researcher that the social-networking site's Beacon ad service is more intrusive and stealthy than previously acknowledged, an admission that contradicts statements made previously by Facebook executiv...
Trend Micro has released LeakProof 3.0, the security vendor's first data leak prevention product.
The trade show floor at the SC07 supercomputing conference in Reno, Nevada, last month had a futuristic, film noir feel, with low lights, large glowing screens and scattered towers that displayed the names of companies and national laboratories. It w...
Companies wishing to bid in the upcoming 700MHz auctions at the US Federal Communications Commission were largely silent about their plans Monday, the deadline for submitting bid applications.
A new mobile market research project now measures and ranks mobile Web sites, trying to identify how well they perform for handheld device users.
Microsoft has purchased Seattle startup WebFives, which provides a Web-based file-sharing service for Internet and mobile video, photos, audio, and blogs, according to a <a href="http://www.vizrea.com/default.aspx">message</a> posted on the startup's...
The Australian National University (ANU) is conducting a world-first program to digitally map the southern sky using a specially constructed telescope called Skymapper, and in another global first will provide the data free to the world via a virtual...
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- FTLead Salesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTSystems Support EngineerQLD
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTL&D Consultant, Wealth AdvisorNSW
- FTPHP Full Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 HelpdeskVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC