The expected approval of the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPLv3) could further muddy the waters for Microsoft's claims it will collect payment on its patents for Linux technology as there is a question about whether the company's interoperab...
Alcatel-Lucent has agreed to buy NetDevices, a maker of all-in-one network gateways for branch offices and small and medium-size businesses.
Fans of The Beatles continue to wait for the digital release of the band's material, but Paul McCartney's work is finally coming to digital formats.
According to a recent press announcement, Konami has brokered a deal with Sony BMG Music Entertainment to allow the digital distribution of Konami's entire library of video game soundtracks. The music will be prepared for release on major online reta...
Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates Tuesday revealed one of the company's worst-kept secrets by announcing Longhorn Server will officially be called Windows Server 2008.
IBM has unveiled a new IT governance and risk management strategy that it will market to enterprise customers as a means to weave together security and compliance projects to ease planning and help drive down related expenses.
Motorola announced the Razr2 mobile phone and five other mobile devices on Tuesday with hopes the products will turn around the company's slumping sales and defend its turf from Apple's iPhone.
IBM Tuesday opened a virtual business center at <a href="http://www.secondlife.com/" target="_blank">Second Life</a> that will be staffed by IBM sales representatives from around the world.
Efforts to curb software piracy in China are bearing fruit although the piracy rate remains high, costing vendors billions of dollars in lost revenue, according to a survey paid for by large vendors, including Apple Inc. and Microsoft Corp.
Attorneys general from US eight states want MySpace to turn over the names of potentially thousands of registered sex offenders who may be members of its popular social networking site.
Microsoft responded Monday to discussion of Windows Vista's over-hearty battery appetite by acknowledging that the new operating system's fancy graphics use more power. But it downplayed the impact of the UI's power needs.
Network Appliance on Monday introduced deduplication for all types of file data rather than just backup data.
Nuance Communications has agreed to buy VoiceSignal Technologies for about US$293 million, hoping to help users control mobile devices by voice.
Mozilla's Firefox browser will probably abandon support for older distributions of Linux, a company executive has said.
Sun Microsystems, in its continual rollout of processors from its new Microelectronics division, is making a multithreaded chip for various embedded and mobile devices.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- NuTonomy starts trials in Singapore of self-driving taxi service
- Facebook, Google, Twitter lax on terrorists’ misuse of their sites, say UK MPs
- Passwords stolen from Mail.Ru were old, the company says
- This Android botnet relies on Twitter for its commands
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCJunior SQL DBA - Entry LevelVIC
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTApplication AdministratorACT