Stock in Dell was rising Monday on news that founder Michael Dell plans to remain as CEO for several years, trim the number of managers reporting directly to him and eliminate bonuses.
A startup chip company is introducing a power-efficient processor it has been developing for three years, just as the market clamors for energy efficiency.
Sales of the almost 7-year-old PlayStation 2 beat those of the brand-new PlayStation 3 in Japan in late January for the first time, according to figures published on Friday.
Social interaction, rather than function, is the force behind young adults' burgeoning use of text messaging, claims a new study conducted by the DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University in Canada.
The world's largest contract laptop computer maker shipped over 2 million notebook computers in the month of January, an all-time high for a single month, due to strong orders ahead of the launch of Microsoft Windows Vista, the company's president sa...
Antivirus firm Symantec warned Friday that exploit code is circulating for a known security hole in Computer Associates' BrightStor ARCServe Backup software, which provides data backup and restore for a variety of operating systems including Windows,...
Media conglomerate Viacom International on Friday upbraided YouTube for continuing to host throngs of Viacom videos without permission and demanded that over 100,000 of its clips be removed from the popular video-sharing site owned by Google.
Silicon vendor Broadcom has put Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and an FM radio on a single 65nm CMOS chip. The device should cut the cost -- and power demands -- of Wi-Fi enabled phone handsets, and hasten converged phone services.
Oracle is positioning itself to try and attract more small to midsize businesses (SMB) as well as customers that have specific industry requirements and those with particular governance or compliance needs.
Developers funded by Microsoft delivered the first phase of an open-source tool designed to translate between the default Office 2007 file type and a competing open-source document format.
Kaspersky Lab next week will announce new software to protect smart phones from viruses, as well as new bundles of its security software to protect devices on business networks.
A project unveiled this week at DEMO 07 by Alcatel-Lucent will let enterprise network administrators reach out and touch corporate laptops anytime, anywhere.
The honeymoon ended early for Microsoft's Vista operating system, after word spread Wednesday about a flaw that could allow remote attackers to take advantage of the new operating system's speech recognition feature.
Real-time language translation, medical monitoring via the mobile Web and nanotechnology to purify water are some of the innovations IBM Labs thinks will be on the market within five years.
EEye Digital Security this week shipped its host-based Blink Professional 3.0 software, which combines antivirus, intrusion prevention, firewall and scanner functions. The multipurpose software will be on display in the exhibit hall at next week's RS...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC