Microsoft is advising users of Netscape 8 to either uninstall the software or to edit their computer's registry files because of a bug in America Online's (AOL) new browser. According to a Microsoft engineer, Netscape 8 disables the XML (Extensible M...
Microsoft and the entertainment industry's holy grail of controlling copyright through the motherboard has moved a step closer with Intel now embedding digital rights management within in its latest dual-core processor Pentium D and accompanying 945 ...
Mobile phone sales hit a new high in the first three months of the year, while the top three manufacturers tightened their grip on the market, according to a study published Wednesday.
Microsoft is having compatability issues with the upcoming .Net Framework 2.0, but says the problem will not delay the release of the Visual Studio 2005 toolset planned for later this year.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST) will next month begin shipping its first drive that supports the new 4Gbps (bits per second) Fiber Channel interface standard.
Richard Stallman, one of the main forces behind the GNU/Linux operating system and the free software movement, is in Taiwan fighting on a new front -- to get the island's PC makers to release source code for their drivers.
Users of instant messaging (IM) applications from Yahoo and America Online (AOL) are being warned this week of two new threats spreading via IM.
Wired broadband players take note; wireless broadband is here and is offering a compelling service to customers, according to CEOs from three of Australia's most prominent wireless broadband providers.
The leaders of the rival proposals for faster Wi-Fi are expected to meet face-to-face next week, to discuss a truce following the IEEE's 802.11n task group failure to reach agreement.
For the first time since settling its long-standing legal dispute with Sun Microsystems, Microsoft will be a full-fledged participant in the JavaOne developer conference, which is being held in San Francisco next month.
Prodisc Technology has developed a DVD-R disc that can hold 200M bytes more data than current discs and plans to unveil it at next week's Computex show in Taiwan.
A cable-free version of USB (Universal Serial Bus) took a big step forward on Tuesday with the completion of the Wireless USB 1.0 specification, but there is still some work to be done and questions remain about its prospects for widespread adoption.
A hacker has apparently found a way to encode computer files and hold them hostage until the intended victim pays for a decoder tool to unlock the files.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) in conjunction with regulatory bodies in about 30 countries, is about to launch a new education campaign directed at Internet service providers (ISPs). Its message? The zombies are out of control.
Prices of computer memory chips, or DRAM (dynamic RAM), negotiated between computer companies and chip makers rose for the first time in seven months, indicating they may have already hit bottom for this year.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, July 30
- Armed with Watson smarts, Pepper aspires to be a robot salesman
- Video gaming sparks excitement in China
- OPM, Anthem hackers reportedly also breached United Airlines
- Obama rolls out initiative to boost US supercomputer capability
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC