Massachusetts Institute of Technology pranksters celebrated this past Tuesday's debut of Microsoft's Xbox 360 Halo 3 by transforming the statue of John Harvard in Harvard Yard into the Master Chief character from the much anticipated video game.
The latest version of Yahoo's search engine senses when people are trying to find the right keywords and offers suggestions, an improvement the company says reduces "search fatigue."
NSW reseller Base IT has signed signature-free and scan-free virus protection from Sana Security to plug a hole in its security portfolio.
Global chip sales soared in August, indicating makers of electronic devices such as PCs, iPods and mobile phones expect the holiday season to be strong this year.
Nokia has agreed to buy the digital mapping company Navteq for US$8.1 billion, supporting a plan to add navigation capabilities to more of its devices.
The number of e-mails containing malicious software is increasing, according to recent statistics released by IT security and control firm Sophos.
Storm may not be the most creative or malicious piece of malware ever written, but it's on track to become the most productive; threat researchers' recent estimates put the number of PCs it has infected at more than 1 million.
Microsoft confirmed late last week that Windows XP users who repair the operating system cannot update their PCs with the latest patches because of a file included with the stealth update pushed out to machines this summer.
SAP enterprise systems were never developed for security, researchers say. Since such systems manage the core information for many major companies, this is a major flaw. As more vulnerabilites are discovered, the situation is ripe for large-scale ind...
Microsoft, clearly getting an earful from corporate users over the rapid demise of XP to make way for Vista, has responded by committing to extend the availability of XP for another five months.
Japan launched this week an automated system that intends to provide several seconds warning before shaking occurs after a major earthquake.
Salesforce.com has launched a US$25 million investment fund to encourage the development of new applications using its Force.com hosted development platform.
Dramatic footage of a Japanese journalist shot and killed during anti-government protests in Myanmar has drawn hundreds of thousands of viewers on YouTube, stirring outrage among viewers in Japan and elsewhere.
Adobe Systems will boost its strategy of helping developers and users create desktop and Web applications that share a similar user experience at its Adobe MAX user conference in Chicago this week.
The European Commission has begun an antitrust investigation of Qualcomm for suspected exploitative practices in the market for chipsets for mobile phones, it announced this week.
In recent years there have been fundamental shifts in how digital documents are handled, and now the expectation is that people will be able to do much more with them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCProcurement AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCSAP UX ArchitectACT
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW