While fighting cybercrime has become a bigger problem for law enforcement over the past 10 years, given increased involvement from organized-crime groups, officials are seeing some results from recent legislation and international coordination effort...
Platforms that detect when sensitive corporate data is leaked are more effective against people making honest errors than they are against criminals trying to steal the data, says one analyst.
VMware Tuesday announced it had snapped-up Dunes Technologies, a start-up specializing in business process automation and management in virtual environments.
A new version of the IcePack hacker tool kit has been released and for the first time it includes attack code designed to exploit an unpatched, or zero-day, Microsoft vulnerability.
In the Presidio, a former U.S. Army base in San Francisco, Advanced Micro Devices Inc. Monday is announcing delivery of its Barcelona quad-core processor. It's a historic setting, and one the company may use to remind its customers of its own history...
Is this the final stage of refinement for the hard-drive-based media player Apple now calls the iPod Classic? Judging by the tiny changes in this sixth generation, it very well could be. This latest update is all about capacity, with the 30GB model j...
Around 67 percent of Australian Internet users are on broadband, but according to new research its the 'baby boomers' that are slowing uptake by dragging their feet when it comes to adoption.
Apple is debating whether to participate in the US Federal Communications Commission's Jan. 16 wireless spectrum auction, BusinessWeek reported Monday, but analysts who follow Apple said the company would be crazy to build a nationwide wireless netwo...
Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas is using instant messaging and presence technologies over wireless networks to shrink its 120-acre campus.
The ever growing open source browser, Firefox, surged past the 400 million downloads mark last week, according to a statement posted on Spread Firefox; a Web site dedicated to marketing the Mozilla Foundation's flagship creation.
Via Technologies Inc. is shipping a faster version of its C-7M ultra low-voltage processor, and the 1.6GHz chip has found a home in an updated version of OQO Inc.'s diminutive handheld computer, the company said Monday.
An IT engineer working for Caterpillar's engineering design center in India allegedly used another employee's username and password to access and steal about 4,000 confidential documents from a company server in the US.
In a deal that makes both companies look good, Salesforce.com announced that Omniture, one of the leaders in online Web marketing analytics, will be the newest service to join AppExchange.
Start-up Xsigo Systems Monday launched an I/O virtualization appliance that reduces server connectivity bottlenecks by replacing cabling and network and storage interfaces with virtual resources.
Known as the hub of advanced computing in Western Australia, iVEC, is making available $200,000 worth of grants for industry and government organizations for the application of high performance computing, visualization and large scale data store tech...
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID-SENIOR LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- TPIntegration DeveloperWA
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCC ProgrammerACT