Sales of Vista during the first month that the newest Windows operating system was available to consumers were more than double the sales that Windows XP racked up in twice the time, Microsoft said.
An Internet scorecard application which rates potential risks on Web sites has been downloaded more than 38 million times since it was launched 12 months ago.
iSCSI technology is entering the mainstream as growing numbers of enterprises consider the storage alternative for its lower costs and management simplicity, analysts say.
Microsoft has reached a deal with Piczo, a photo-sharing and networking Web site for teenagers, to supply online advertising for their U.K. site, the companies said Monday.
In the coming weeks, AOL will upgrade the beta version of its latest Web mail offering to include an expanded integrated instant messaging capability.
As several companies look to develop a better way to cull through text based on the meaning of the keywords -- or a "Google killer" -- a maker of image-based search technology is moving to expand its potential customer base.
Faced with an outcry against the creation of a dedicated ".xxx" suffix for pornography Web sites, leaders of ICANN are set to vote Friday on whether to launch the initiative.
Cisco this week unveiled its video-surveillance product strategy during ISC West, a conference being held in Las Vegas that focuses on physical security systems.
A large group of organizations led by the SANS Institute has launched a new information security skills assessment and certification program for software programmers.
The Hacker Foundation, a nonprofit organization of ethical security researchers, is trying to extend its reach and encourage more people to join its ranks to help further codify the United States hacking community.
IBM researchers have showed a prototype optical transceiver chipset which they claim will allow people to download movies or share online data eight times faster than current technology allows.
Symantec is dramatically expanding its mobile security offerings this week, adding VPN (virtual private network), data encryption, antispam and other features.
Next month, billionaire software developer Charles Simonyi, will become the fifth civilian to fly in space when he rockets to the international space station aboard a Russian Soyuz TMA-10 capsule. He will be joined by Russian cosmonauts Fyodor Yurchi...
Two members of the nonprofit Wikimedia Foundation, which manages the Wikipedia Web site, have resigned their posts.
Forget China, Russia or eastern European countries. When it comes to malicious code, U.S.-based servers host an overwhelming majority of it, according to security vendor Finjan.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Amazon's cloud business continues upward march
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
- Google lets third parties extend its productivity software on Android
- Long-running malvertising campaign infected thousands of computers per day
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW