The SANS Institute's Internet Storm Center set its Internet danger warning level to "yellow" over the weekend as criminal gangs began targeting Internet Explorer browsers with an unpatched security hole.
The security team at Mozilla is looking into a flaw in its Firefox Web browser that hackers exposed at a conference in San Diego over the weekend.
As HP's top executive testified before a Congressional committee about an ongoing spying scandal, other company executives were in New York to announce new products and a key acquisition for its strategy to enrich digital lifestyles.
The 2006 season of the Google's US$3 million open source student development program is drawing to a close, with some of the resulting software already released as part of widely used open source projects.
It has become a familiar pattern: A hacker posts exploit code to a security Web site; Microsoft follows soon after with a warning to customers.
Internode has completed the final stage of its hybrid network that uses a solar-powered microwave backbone and wireless technology to bring faster speeds and lower prices to the Coorong region of South Australia.
Yahoo agreed to buy Web video editing and publishing site Jumpcut.com on Wednesday, as Internet companies continue to seek ways to compete with YouTube.
Microsoft's Zune digital media player will ship in the U.S. on Nov. 14 for US$249.99, the company said Thursday, in line with the price of video iPods already available from Apple Computer.
Google is actively complying with requests for data about its Orkut social networking service ordered by Brazilian courts, the company said Thursday.
Today the Mozilla Foundation released another milestone towards a final Firefox 2. This release candidate is more polished than the last beta download, and is mostly ready for general use. But if you use custom add-ons and themes - really, the best t...
Microsoft has partnered with Hughes Network Systems to set up a network of 5,000 kiosks connected by broadband across 200 towns in rural India.
IBM and Lenovo Group has recalled 526,000 Sony batteries for ThinkPad notebooks, becoming the latest vendors to act on fire-prone power sources.
Sony will conduct its own replacement program to address overheating problems that have hit some notebook batteries.
Intel this week said it is offering as much as US$1 million in prizes to the PC designer and maker that builds the most stylish small computer optimized for multimedia use at home.
Intel's Santa Rosa notebook platform will hit the streets in the first half of 2007, bringing improvements in processing power, battery life and wireless connectivity over the current Centrino architecture.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Google Slides makes it easier to talk back to presenters
- Google turns on HTTPS for all blogspot blogs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia