When playing Halo 3 on your Xbox 360, or other games on other consoles, your handheld game controller shakes and rumbles to coincide with on-screen explosions, crashes, gunshots and grenade detonations.
Intel this weekend launched its long-awaited new line of power-efficient microprocessors, code-named Penryn, designed to deliver better graphics and application performance as well as virtualization capabilities.
Sony boss Howard Stringer downplayed the HD wars saying that the most prestigious format will win in the end. The CEO added that the PS3 is "coming back up," despite its fumble out of the gate.
Radiohead's pay-what-you-want release of its album In Rainbows is starting to catch on. Today spoken-word hip-hop artist Saul Williams releases his album, The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of Niggy Tardust!, via his Website. Users can choose to eith...
Game developer Take-Two Interactive announced a preliminary settlement on all consumer class action lawsuits in the US related to a software modification calledHot Coffee, that unlocked sex scenes on the popular game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas."
Microsoft introduced late last week a new pilot program to encourage refurbishers to install legitimate copies of Windows XP on used PCs.
iPhone users who downloaded and installed the 1.1.2 update reported that, as expected, the upgrade broke third-party applications and patched a vulnerability which had been previously used to unlock the device.
About 90% of the 165,000 Web sites hosted by NaviSite that had been down for almost a week are back online, the company said. The sites were offline because of a failed data center migration involving the Web hosting company.
Microsoft has scheduled just two security updates for Tuesday to fix flaws in Windows 2000, XP and Server 2003. One of the two is a leftover from October that was bumped at the last minute.
If Microsoft's Windows Vista were graded for its first year, the report card would read "not meeting expectations," analysts said a year and a day after the operating system code went gold and was sent off for duplication.
Mozilla shut off the HTTP connection to the servers that host Firefox 3.0 after a rumor spread that the open-source browser's first beta was finished last week.
Social networking tools are leaking into enterprises much the same way popular Internet collaboration tools such as instant messaging have done in the past. But users and experts caution planned corporate adoptions require lots of forethought to dete...
If a new poll sponsored by Cisco is to be considered an accurate indicator of the opinions held by a majority of federal IT leaders, it appears that the security of the United States government's network infrastructure remains a serious problem.
After announcing that their formal WiMax partnership agreement was dissolved, both Sprint Nextel and Clearwire said separately that they will continue informal discussions with each other on ways to advance the high-speed wireless technology.
A five-year extension of large portions of the US antitrust judgment against Microsoft isn't needed and the reasons a group of states have given for continuing oversight won't fix the problems they still see, the US Department of Justice said in a co...
A printer that ticks all the boxes to help small businesses run productively
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- StarCraft Remastered updates a legend with 4K widescreen support, updated audio, and more
- Inkle's space archaeologist adventure won't tell you if your lost language translations are wrong
- Dell's 28-inch 4K monitor is just $300 right now
- Apple: Macs and iPhones are safe from newly revealed CIA exploits
- Microsoft delays tools for third-party Cortana integrations
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- TPDevOps ManagerVIC
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCSenior Developer - Oracle - TelcoVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTGraduate Application Support Analyst -SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTGIS Software DeveloperQLD
- TPSQL Server Developer | 3 month contract |NSW
- FTJava Development Lead/ / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - General InsuranceNSW
- FTSenior Lead Developer/Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCCloud Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- CCLightweight Directory Access Procol (LDAP) DeveloperNSW
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Development Manager - CloudACT
- FTSenior Automation Test AnalystNSW