There were no overwhelming surprises in the SANS Institute's much-quoted annual list of Top 20 Internet security risks -- unless you count the fact that there were just 18 threats on the list this time around.
Microsoft released the first service pack for Exchange Server 2007 on Thursday, fixing software bugs and adding some new features to make the product more stable and useful for business customers. However, Microsoft's Exchange partners said there are...
Instead of labeling the next version of its Silverlight cross-platform browser plug-in 1.1, Microsoft will call it 2.0, and will release a beta version early next year, according to a corporate blog post Thursday.
A former employee of a small California canal system has been charged with installing unauthorized software and damaging the computer used to divert water from the Sacramento River.
Boxbe, a free e-mail filtering service, on Thursday announced several improvements, including integration with Yahoo Mail and beta version of a plug-in for users of Microsoft's Outlook e-mail program.
Automation may continue to reduce the ranks of data center workers, but unified communications technology will make it easier for IT staffers to stay in touch with whoever else survives the ax, according to Gartner.
Yahoo is releasing an upgrade to its Yahoo Widgets platform that accommodates Adobe's Flash multimedia display technology.
The open source industry in 2008 will be marked by more news out of Microsoft, IBM, Oracle and other big IT vendors, less start-up funding, more M&A activity, and an increasingly serious talent shortage.
Greenpeace, the environmental advocacy group, ranks Sony Ericsson as the most environmentally responsible electronics maker while slamming Microsoft and Nintendo for their poor e-waste management efforts as well as for high levels of toxic materials ...
Users should not be fooled by a possible stabilizing in DRAM prices in coming weeks because it's only a speed bump on the way down, analysts say.
Unfazed by the failure of earlier subscription-based PCs from vendors like PeoplePC, Zonbu Wednesday launched an inexpensive subscription notebook that the company claims will free users from the hassle of computer maintenance.
The FBI is investigating the theft of e-mail addresses and passwords from nearly 100 nonprofit organizations, including the American Red Cross, CARE and the American Museum of Natural History in New York City, a Texas company said Wednesday.
Online advertiser Adteractive will pay US$650,000 to settle charges that it used deceptive spam messages to lure people to its Web sites.
Microsoft plans to release by year-end its tool to help user's size deployments of servers such as Exchange and SharePoint.
Yahoo and Adobe are partnering to allow publishers to run dynamically generated ads on PDF files posted on the Web or distributed via e-mail, opening up a new frontier in online advertising.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FCC asks whether to 'keep, modify, or eliminate' net neutrality rules
- Acer's new Holo 360 is a 360-degree camera in a smartphone
- Cloudflare wants to secure IoT connections to the internet
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- CCTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC