A Vista bug is frustrating some users with extra-long wait times to move, copy or delete files. Microsoft has acknowledged the flaw and produced a hot fix for it, but users must call the company's support line to obtain the patch.
Prominent blogger Kathy Sierra cancelled a workshop she was scheduled to give today at O'Reilly's Emerging Technology Conference in San Diego and suspended her blog because of death threats she received on her blog and threats of violence posted on o...
So, your company won't pay for personal calls on your business cell phone? Bad idea, according to one analyst firm that surveyed businesses on the topic.
Microsoft has made good on its promise from earlier this month, shipping the first public beta of its Office Communications Server 2007 and Officer Communicator client.
Researchers are trying to figure out how to make more of the good stuff float to the top of Internet search engines and keep more of the bad stuff buried.
New software has been published on the Internet that could be used to exploit a known flaw in Internet Explorer.
Sales of Vista during the first month that the newest Windows operating system was available to consumers were more than double the sales that Windows XP racked up in twice the time, Microsoft said.
An Internet scorecard application which rates potential risks on Web sites has been downloaded more than 38 million times since it was launched 12 months ago.
iSCSI technology is entering the mainstream as growing numbers of enterprises consider the storage alternative for its lower costs and management simplicity, analysts say.
Microsoft has reached a deal with Piczo, a photo-sharing and networking Web site for teenagers, to supply online advertising for their U.K. site, the companies said Monday.
In the coming weeks, AOL will upgrade the beta version of its latest Web mail offering to include an expanded integrated instant messaging capability.
As several companies look to develop a better way to cull through text based on the meaning of the keywords -- or a "Google killer" -- a maker of image-based search technology is moving to expand its potential customer base.
Faced with an outcry against the creation of a dedicated ".xxx" suffix for pornography Web sites, leaders of ICANN are set to vote Friday on whether to launch the initiative.
Cisco this week unveiled its video-surveillance product strategy during ISC West, a conference being held in Las Vegas that focuses on physical security systems.
A large group of organizations led by the SANS Institute has launched a new information security skills assessment and certification program for software programmers.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
- Sony does well in games but smartphone business shrinks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCPeopleSoft Consultant (Financial)NSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- FTEnvironment Management AnalystACT
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW