Telstra Big Pond subscribers will be the first customers of a new 300-seat contact centre which opened in Queensland today.
Memory maker Micron Technology on Wednesday introduced a line of solid-state drives (SSDs) and said it would plug the technology into portable storage devices by mid-to-end 2008.
Enterprise content management and social networking form a natural nexus that is already taking tangible form, a software executive said during a panel discussion Wednesday at the Gilbane Group's annual conference in Boston.
Nick Breese, a senior security consultant at Auckland-based Security-assessment.com, has come up with a way to drastically increase the processing capability of cracking passwords, using a PS3.
When a small Illinois IT research firm published a study on the future of the Internet last week, it didn't expect to create an international furor. "
Universal Music Group (UMG) and its subsidiary Deutsche Grammophon (DG) is set to make the majority of its huge classical music catalogue available online for download. The DG Web Shop launches today.
Vodafone Australia has improved the value of its mobile broadband offering by launching a 5GB data plan for $39 per month.
In a brief submitted to federal court, state antitrust regulators dismissed companies such as Google and Mozilla Corp. and technologies such as AJAX and software as a service as piddling players that pose no threat to Microsoft's monopoly in the oper...
IBM/Lotus next week will ship Version 8.0 of its Sametime real-time communications platform and a new entry-level version for those seeking basic enterprise instant messaging capabilities.
Organizations that experience data breaches are paying more than ever to recover from the incidents and retain customers once the events become public knowledge, according to a new research report.
WaveMaker Software, formerly ActiveGrid, has unveiled its WaveMaker Visual Assembly Studio tool and Rapid Deployment Framework for building what the company calls Enterprise Web 2.0 applications.
Adam Laurie lived a few Novembers as a dog earlier this year. By duplicating the RFID tags used to identify pets in the U.K. and sewing it into his watch strap, Laurie, an independent security researcher, re-created his dog's ID as a hacking exercise...
Wi-Fi switch maker Xirrus is doing a good turn to Microsoft Vista users - a tool that monitors the status and security of Wi-Fi connections.
After a year of financial and market struggles, Advanced Micro Devices has fallen off iSuppli's latest listing of the world's top 10 chip manufacturers.
More than 50 million users of online communities operated by media companies like Gannett, Reuters Group, The Washington Post and others will soon be able to link their contributions to those sites to their profiles on social networking sites like Fa...
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Holo 360 is a 360-degree camera in a smartphone
- Cloudflare wants to secure IoT connections to the internet
- Acer's Nitro 5 is a laptop that lets casual gamers get reckless
- Newegg has lowered the price of HP's Stream 11 Pro G2 to $180
- Acer's Predator X27 G-Sync HDR monitor is infused with every feature you could ask for
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTL&D Consultant, Wealth AdvisorNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTIT/Digital Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW