The 2006 season of the Google's US$3 million open source student development program is drawing to a close, with some of the resulting software already released as part of widely used open source projects.
It has become a familiar pattern: A hacker posts exploit code to a security Web site; Microsoft follows soon after with a warning to customers.
Internode has completed the final stage of its hybrid network that uses a solar-powered microwave backbone and wireless technology to bring faster speeds and lower prices to the Coorong region of South Australia.
Yahoo agreed to buy Web video editing and publishing site Jumpcut.com on Wednesday, as Internet companies continue to seek ways to compete with YouTube.
Microsoft's Zune digital media player will ship in the U.S. on Nov. 14 for US$249.99, the company said Thursday, in line with the price of video iPods already available from Apple Computer.
Google is actively complying with requests for data about its Orkut social networking service ordered by Brazilian courts, the company said Thursday.
Today the Mozilla Foundation released another milestone towards a final Firefox 2. This release candidate is more polished than the last beta download, and is mostly ready for general use. But if you use custom add-ons and themes - really, the best t...
Microsoft has partnered with Hughes Network Systems to set up a network of 5,000 kiosks connected by broadband across 200 towns in rural India.
IBM and Lenovo Group has recalled 526,000 Sony batteries for ThinkPad notebooks, becoming the latest vendors to act on fire-prone power sources.
Sony will conduct its own replacement program to address overheating problems that have hit some notebook batteries.
Intel this week said it is offering as much as US$1 million in prizes to the PC designer and maker that builds the most stylish small computer optimized for multimedia use at home.
Intel's Santa Rosa notebook platform will hit the streets in the first half of 2007, bringing improvements in processing power, battery life and wireless connectivity over the current Centrino architecture.
An underground community of Australia's "elite" will meet in Sydney for the fourth annual hacker conference, Ruxcon, this weekend. The two day conference kicks off on Saturday at the University of Technology, Sydney.
The price of games for Sony Computer Entertainment's upcoming PlayStation 3 console is getting a little clearer.
LG.Philips will next week unveil what it says is the world's slimmest cell phone display.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
- What do you get when you cross Star Wars and famous art? This algorithm can show you
- 5 products Intel could cut in its reshuffle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW