Windows Vista will not support older versions of Visual Studio, a move that will require many developers writing applications for the forthcoming operating system to upgrade to Visual Studio 2005.
Anyone who's ever seen the TV show "Mission: Impossible" will remember the familiar "this message will self-destruct" bit that began episodes. Now, a company exhibiting at the <a href="http://www.demo.com/conferences/demofall2006.php" target="_blank"...
It may seem like tilting at windmills, but Wallop Technologies expects to shake up the social networking market, currently dominated by entrenched players like News Corp.'s MySpace, Facebook and Friendster.
Web music stores have taken off with such gusto that now everyone wants to get in on the online media action, and the next battle ground is the digital movies and TV shows aimed at your living room.
Fierce competition in the imaging market has prompted many manufacturers to announce their new products days, weeks and even months ahead of one of the industry's key venues, Photokina, which opened on Tuesday.
Spain's venerable Universidad Complutense de Madrid has joined Google's Books Library Project, a controversial initiative that has Google in court facing allegations of copyright violation.
If you can't beat them, join them. That's the motto of two of the world's most renowned makers of analog cameras, Germany's Leica Camera and Denmark's Hasselblad, which have used the Photokina imaging show in Germany, to launch several high-end digit...
Nokia has introduced several phones and also announced a music recommendation service that hints at the potential for a full-blown music store from the company.
When Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger was elected as pope last year, some Internet users who logged onto Wikipedia to see what he looked like found a rather different image: that of the evil emperor from "Star Wars."
Peer-to-peer (P-to-P) file-sharing software developer Lime Wire has countersued the biggest record companies, charging them with anti-competitive behavior.
With attackers finding new ways to exploit a critical flaw in Internet Explorer, Microsoft has released a patch for the problem, ahead of its next scheduled round of security updates.
Intel will ship quad-core processors in November for servers and gaming PCs, accelerating its effort to regain momentum in sales of power-efficient chips.
Microsoft has given African countries a US$1 billion commitment though its Unlimited Potential program (UP), aimed at developing information and communication technology around the world.
Hackers are intensifying their attacks on Internet Explorer users, increasing the chances that Microsoft will patch a critical flaw in the software ahead of its regularly scheduled October 10 security update.
Trojan horse malware that provides its owners with credit card numbers, bank details, and other personal information has been discovered targeting Australian Internet Explorer users.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- CCAzure Consultant/EngineerQLD
- FTData AnalystNSW