IBM plans to eventually offload its enterprise printing systems division to Japanese printer and copier vendor Ricoh. The two companies announced Thursday that they're forming a joint venture company based on the IBM unit which will gradually become ...
Even with all the work Microsoft has put into Vista, some contend the latest Windows product might need help when it comes to day-to-day performance. That's why a Chinese start-up updated its freeware application to optimize the newest desktop operat...
News Corp.'s Fox television division has subpoenaed YouTube regarding programs posted on the video-sharing Web site, YouTube confirmed on Friday.
Internet service provider GoDaddy.com Inc. has come under fire for pulling a popular hacking Web site down this week, allegedly at the request of MySpace.com
The clock is ticking at bankrupt German mobile phone maker BenQ Mobile.
NEC has developed technology that can help prevent spam phone calls to VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) users.
Google has started integrating its popular mapping service with its controversial books search engine, to let people plot on maps references to places they find in books.
Toshiba will begin selling in April NAND flash memory chips capable of holding up to 2G bytes of data, the company said Wednesday.
Sony Computer Entertainment (SCE) has put eager PlayStation fans' fears to rest with confirmation that the PlayStation 3 will be launched across Europe and Australia on March 23.
Apple has patched a vulnerability in its QuickTime media player that could give a hacker control over a computer.
On the verge of the release of Windows Vista, Microsoft is already accepting orders for features to go in the OS's first service pack.
Apple Inc. could face legal action by the Norwegian government in March if the U.S. company refuses to unlock its iTunes online music store from its iPod media player.
Scientists claim to be able to attach an image to a photon and retrieve it later.
In a move to generate more buzz -- and bucks -- for its Live mobile phone portal, Vodafone Group is poised to launch a "Web 2.0" service that allows customers to upload and view their own videos.
Google has dusted the cobwebs off its Groups discussion forum service with a redesigned interface and new features like the ability to create and edit Web pages and upload and share files.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW