A removable hard disk drive system first unveiled more than two years ago will see its commercial launch later this month. IO Data Device Inc., a Tokyo-based manufacturer of computer peripherals, will put on sale a drive and disk based on the IVDR (I...
Iomega is releasing in the US this week a new all-around backup solution: It uses hard drive technology, but is packaged in removable cartridges so you can buy one drive yet swap media.
In what may well be Apple Computer's largest coup in the Australian enterprise space, the NSW Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) will deploy 1200 Apple G4 iMacs across 140 registry offices.
Philips Electronics reported Tuesday strong first-quarter earnings driven largely by higher sales of products in its semiconductor and consumer-electronics divisions.
Toshiba Corp. and Sandisk Corp. have begun construction of a new factory in Japan that is destined to become a major source of flash memory chips to both companies over the coming years.
Microsoft on Tuesday released a flood of information on new and previously disclosed holes in a wide range of software products, many of them rated "critical" and well-suited to use by malicious hackers or computer virus writers, according to one sec...
The announcement Monday of a settlement in the patent dispute between InterTrust Technologies and Microsoft marked a new beginning for the company and the end of another long and ultimately fruitless battle for the Redmond, Washington, software make...
ISPs are advising consumers previously unable to sign up to ADSL service because of their geographic location to re-check their eligibility, following Telstra Wholesale’s decision to push the reach of its ADSL network from 3.5km to 4km from the excha...
Intel updated its XScale processor family Monday with the launch of the PXA270 series, formerly known by its Bulverde code name, at the Intel Developer Forum in Taipei.
A planned sentencing hearing Thursday for noted computer hacker Adrian Lamo has been postponed, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York said.
The gigabyte storage capacity and long memory of Google' planned Web-based e-mail service are making it a big target for privacy campaigners -- and the name, Gmail, could soon be the subject of a trademark dispute, too.
The Federal Spam Act 2003 officially took effect on April 11 with companies which breach the legislation facing fines of up to $220,000 per day or $1.1 million for repeat offences.
Microsoft is sacrificing some features it planned for Longhorn as it works to deliver its first beta of the next Windows client next year, a company spokesman said.
Imaging manufacturer Ilford is planning to provide a print-on-demand kiosk system in large-scale photo shops allowing consumers to make enlargements of prints instantly.
Intel and National Semiconductor have announced plans to significantly reduce the amount of lead contained within their products, the companies said in separate press releases.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- ARM fades from Windows PCs and tablets, but grows in Chromebooks
- Chef serves up devops for the enterprise
- Over 100,000 devices can be used to amplify DDoS attacks via multicast DNS
- Oracle bolsters Marketing Cloud to show CMOs the big picture
- Obama authorizes sanctions against hackers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW