Microsoft has been quietly adding to the cache of reference applications it hopes will help transform Microsoft Office 2007 from a mere productivity suite to a collaboration tool.
The demand for Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) hard disk drives continues to pick up steam, fuelling predictions by Gartner that 21 million 3Gbps SAS drives will ship during 2008, nearly double the 12 million expected to ship this year.
NEC is offering small to medium sized businesses (SMEs) a free IP telephony readiness assessment so organizations can find out the state of their network infrastructure and its ability to support a converged IPT environment.
Google plans to launch a Linux version of Google Desktop on Wednesday (US time), almost three years after the product's launch for the Windows operating system.
Nintendo Wednesday <a href="http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=12571" target="_blank">announced</a> service on the Wii that will allow users to experience the best that independent game developers have to offer.
How badly do you want an iPhone? Would you pay US$1,500 to buy one? How about US$300 for someone to wait on line for you?
Microsoft plans to start testing a new education PC called IQ PC and an education channel on its MSN portal in India next month.
Pandora.TV, a successful South Korean online video portal, is planning to expand overseas in the next few months with an aim of becoming the "YouTube of Asia."
Telstra has launched its first branded business centre in the Sydney suburb of Parramatta in a bid to better service SMB customers.
Most Australian businesses still lack an effective Web presence capable of enticing new customers, according to Computerworld's online e-business poll.
Microsoft on Wednesday started limited beta offerings of Windows Live file and photo sharing services.
Taiwanese electronics maker Asustek Computer launched a Windows Mobile 6 smartphone with a touch-sensitive screen on Wednesday, just days ahead of the launch of Apple's iPhone.
About 2,600 Web sites are already running Microsoft's forthcoming Windows Server 2008, a small but increasing number that indicates rising interest in the OS, according to new statistics from Netcraft.
Greenpeace has moved Apple up its green electronics rankings thanks to Steve Job's promises to phase out PVCs and other chemical nasties from its products, but the top spot goes to Nokia.
The new DDR3 -- Double Data Rate 3 -- standard, gives a big performance improvement and should reduce power compared with to the DDR1 and DDR2 memory schemes, according to the standards group which made it.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia