A U.S. federal district court judge heard legal arguments Monday in a case that could help determine whether popular file-swapping services such as Morpheus and Kazaa will go the way of Napster Inc. or be permitted to thrive.
Microsoft has outlined new licensing changes that will take effect next April with the shipment of its Windows .NET Server 2003 operating system.
Australia’s broadband take-up continues to climb steadily, with latest figures from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) putting total users up to 321,900.
A group of six digital still camera makers and printer vendors, including Sony and Hewlett-Packard (HP), have jointly proposed a new industry standard that allows images recorded by a digital still camera to be printed out without using a computer, t...
Samsung Electronics has taken the wraps off a prototype of what is likely to be the most fully-featured PDA (personal digital assistant) phone it has yet produced when it goes on sale early next year.
Mobile phone operators may be planning to reap the rewards from the much-hyped MMS (multimedia messaging service) this festive season, but according to a report from multimedia software developer 3G Labs Ltd. they are going to be bitterly disappointe...
If you thought that listening to a tinny rendition of Robbie Williams' Millennium emanating from a nearby mobile phone was irritating, then you will hate the latest development from Korean company SK Telecom Co. Ltd.
Broadband vendors could be holding back the mass take-up of broadband because they’re promoting the wrong benefits, according to a UK report into broadband usage patterns.
Antivirus and security firm McAfee has launched two products - Parental Controls to keep your kids safe while they surf, and SpamKiller, which protects you from unsolicited emails.
A number of technology companies defended themselves Monday against charges made by human rights group Amnesty International that they were assisting the Chinese government's efforts to censor the Internet.
As the Internet matures, businesses continue to try and entice new users to visit their Web sites while also devising ways to generate revenues to pay for the sites.
Nearly 100 lives could be saved during this US holiday season if all vehicles were equipped with automated crash-notification systems, which will soon be on more cars and trucks, according to the American Trauma Society (ATS).
The US state of Massachusetts has filed an appeal of US District Court Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly's recent Microsoft antitrust settlement ruling, a case it expects to pursue alone as the other non-settling states accept Kollar-Kotelly's remedy and ...
The U.S. Department of State granted visas to 105 foreign men whose names appear on terrorism watch lists because of a backlog in a name-checking system used by federal agencies, according to published reports this week.
For a peek at the future of handheld devices, take a look at the gadget highlights shown in Japan recently.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google Nexus 9 pre-sales start at $479
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- China again blames US for disrupted cybersecurity talks
- The cheapest way to buy an iPad from Apple
- Is your Ethernet fast enough? Four new speeds are in the works
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW