Apple reintroduced a critical vulnerability in Leopard, the newest version of Mac OS X, that it had patched more than 20 months ago in Tiger, security experts said this week.
A new software development collaborative service for Ubuntu Linux is being launched Monday to give developers a consolidated arena to build code for Ubuntu on the desktop, server and for mobile applications.
The Web was originally designed for housing public content, but the fact that it's now used to build applications housing private data make it a ripe platform for malicious attacks, according to one speaker at the SecTor 2007 conference in Toronto th...
The GNOME Foundation, recently slammed by critics who accused it of supporting Microsoft's Open Office XML document format (OOXML), has issued a statement to clarify its position on the matter.
A team led by Indiana University won this year's Supercomputing Bandwidth Challenge by achieving a peak transfer rate of over 18Gbps out of a possible maximum of 20Gbps.
A US federal court ruling has cleared the way for wireless chip maker Broadcom to pursue an injunction against rival Qualcomm after a long-running patent dispute.
The blade server teams at HP and IBM are fighting it out over I/O virtualization. IBM unveiled an I/O virtualization tool called Open Fabric Manager Monday, claiming it one-ups HP's Virtual Connect because IBM uses open technology that's compatible w...
Young people are compromising their career prospects and opening the door to online fraud by posting personal information on social networking sites without thinking about the consequences, a U.K. privacy watchdog warned Friday.
RIM, once the maker of the most corporate-looking handhelds, is rumored to be working on a touch-screen phone that will compete with the iPhone and - for the first time on a BlackBerry - have no hard keyboard.
French startup Seanodes has a product to combine storage on many Linux servers into a single shared pool of storage, making networked storage unnecessary.
Taiwan has developed a powerful ultramobile PC that can fit in your hand, complete with a speedy 1GHz microprocessor on board.
Major Hollywood studios fighting pirates over "Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest" and other films illegally made available for download could soon have their day in court.
Microsoft's next version of its instant messenger application will have a new security feature to report users who send unsolicited messages, known as SPIM (spam over IM).
Remote or mobile networks can now get a secure wireless connection back to HQ, even if one of the cellular networks fails, claimed Amplicon as it announced a mobile router with slots for two SIM cards.
E-mails released by the National Audit Office have confirmed that officials at HM Revenue and Customs did not want to remove sensitive information from child benefit data sent to the auditors because this would cost extra.
A workhorse that will run the extra mile to increase efficiency in the workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW