The rapid uptake of smartphones around the world has ensured the future of DRAM (dynamic RAM) in mobile handsets, where the chips are used in every unit shipped.
To be risque or discreet? That is the question owners of two adult auction sites have had to contend with in the development of their Web-based businesses.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has once again received reports of puppy scams targeting unsuspecting would-be dog owners with a soft spot for cute, fluffy puppies.
Peer-to-peer technology could be used as an e-commerce model that connects users to a single global market without any controlling company, network or bank, if researchers from Harvard's School of Engineering have their way. And it all starts with In...
France has voted against adoption of Microsoft's document format Office Open XML as an international standard, while Australia has decided to abstain.
Both pro and anti-APEC supporters are using the social networking phenomenon to garner support and fight for the political allegiances of Australia's Facebook community.
Paris-based video sharing site Dailymotion SA has landed a fresh round of funding to help it compete with U.S. rival YouTube, which has been gaining strength in Europe since it launched local versions of its service in June.
The Web site of the Bank of India has been hacked and is now an unwitting dispenser of an enormous amount of malware code to visitors, including rootkits and trojans, according to Sunbelt Software, which advises not currently visiting the Bankofindia...
Casio Computer has developed a digital still camera that can shoot at a rate of 60 photos per second at full resolution.
A day after winning a patent infringement lawsuit against a Taiwanese memory chip maker Japan's Fujitsu has filed to have the chips in question barred from Japan.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) and the Special Broadcasting Service (SBS) corporation have started sourcing equipment and support for its new digital radio services for all state capital cities due to begin broadcasting in January 2009...
Despite wide uptake of Mozilla's Firefox 2.0 and Internet Explorer 7, the Commonwealth bank still does not provide technical support to users of these browsers, or the latest operating systems from Apple and Microsoft on its NetBanking Web site.
Companies that want to move beyond cutting and pasting information into Excel spreadsheets will have to adopt a set of APIs and create lightweight "mashup" applications that automate business processes, executives said during a Webcast last Thursday....
Google took another step Friday in its continued attempts to improve its relationships with wire services, when it announced a program to host full articles from news agencies on Google News pages.
IBM has demonstrated how to perform certain computer functions on single atoms and molecules, a discovery that could someday lead to processors the size of a speck of dust, the company said Thursday.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- CCJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware TesterNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Change Manager, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCService Design SpecialistNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT