Microsoft Tuesday announced it has filed a complaint against Nevada-based ERG Ventures, the same company the U.S. Federal Trade Commission took action against for secretly loading malevolent software onto millions of computers.
Microsoft has issued six security updates, fixing critical bugs in Windows components ranging from Internet Explorer to the Microsoft NetWare client service.
Microsoft's competitor to Apple Computer's iPod will hit US retail shelves as expected on Tuesday, ensuring at least one of Microsoft's major product releases this year will be available to consumers in time for the busy Christmas shopping season. Ho...
Samsung Electronics, the world's largest memory maker, expects DDR3 (double data rate, third-generation) memory chips to eclipse DDR2 (second generation) as the mainstream DRAM technology for PCs by early 2009, a senior executive said Monday.
Security firm Sophos says that more than a fifth of the world's spam originated from the U.S. in Q3 2006.
Lycos has launched a movie streaming service that the company hopes will catch on with people by mixing elements from two of the web's most popular services: social networking and online video.
Microsoft's Windows Vista may have already been released to manufacturing but the Australian Trade Commission (Austrade) has just completed a migration of some 1450 clients to Windows XP and 70 servers to Windows Server 2003 across Australia and 60 o...
Hitachi Maxell this week plans to demonstrate a 300GB version of a holographic optical disc that will be available to select customers in the entertainment industry beginning next month.
This week, Google will put a face on Google Apps for Your Domain, released as beta last August, when it unveils Start Page, a customizable home page for single users and organizations that will aggregate all of the Google applications.
In a bid to become fair dinkum, Microsoft has given Aussies a go too and included national colloquialisms in the Office 2007 Australian dictionary.
William Amelio, the president and chief executive officer of Lenovo Group, is losing patience with efforts to revamp the company's supply chain -- a critical part of the company's ongoing restructuring drive.
Hackers working for criminal gain are using increasingly sophisticated methods to ensure that the malware they develop is hard to detect and remove from infected systems, security researchers warned at this week's Computer Security Institute (CSI) tr...
Demand for DRAM (dynamic RAM) will remain strong into next year, thanks to the introduction of Microsoft's Vista operating system and Sony Computer Entertainment's PlayStation 3 game console, a Samsung Electronics executive said Monday.
Symbol Technologies has decided to discontinue its two Palm OS-based devices worldwide, bowing to European Union environmental regulations and a growing demand for Windows Mobile devices.
As one group abandons its in-flight Wi-Fi Internet access, another hopes to be more successful with an on-board mobile phone service for air passengers.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCOffice 365 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia