Jimmy Wales, founder of the Wikipedia user-generated and edited encyclopaedia, said he expects contributors to the site who claim certain credentials will soon have to prove they really have them.
Bill Gates, Microsoft's chairman, was the world's richest person for the 14th consecutive year, Forbes announced yesterday as it debuted its mogul rankings for 2006.
Pornographic spam dropped to an all-time low in February, as spammers concentrated on health-related products and other general product pitches, according to a report from vendor Symantec.
The U.S. National Aeronautics and Space Administration confirmed last week that it built a special chip used in a disputed demonstration of quantum computing in February.
Intel quad-core microprocessors that work at an energy-efficient 50 watts per processor will officially be on the market this week, according to the company.
Australian new media giant Fairfax Digital has come under fire for its connections with a fraudulent search marketing campaign. The campaign, which drew traffic to Fairfax-owned RSVP.com.au by manipulating search engine results, has sparked debate on...
NewsGator Technologies Wednesday signed an agreement to resell /n Software's Real Simple Syndication feed-generation engine, which will allow its business users to access content from databases, business applications and spreadsheets via an RSS feed.
Will a recently approved increase in music royalty fees for Internet radio operators kill online radio?
3M has filed suit against several big electronics companies, including Sony and Lenovo Group, for allegedly violating two patents related to lithium-ion battery technology.
A group of former researchers for the Google Answers search and research service have launched a new answer brokering Web site.
With the walls between IT domains crumbling, companies increasingly are putting in place policies, processes and technologies that serve the twofold purpose of managing and securing networks.
Two former executives with Gateway, the US's third-largest PC vendor, are guilty of manipulating earnings and revenues to meet Wall Street expectations, according to a verdict delivered Wednesday by a federal jury in California.
IBM wants to help you find out if UFOs are real. Well, sort of. With UFO sightings seemingly on the rise, Big Blue is teaming with The Anomalies Network to offer UFO Crawler, a new search engine specifically tuned to search for information about the ...
Microsoft will skip next week's usual Patch Tuesday because it has no fixes for users, the company announced today.
Microsoft has acknowledged that a bug in its Windows Live OneCare security suite has been causing users' e-mail to vanish from Outlook and Outlook Express.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW