Computers that can read and respond to human emotions can be more effective and reliable than computers that do not, according to Rosalind Picard, professor and founder of the Affective Computing Research Group at the Massachusetts Institute of Techn...
The number of Trojans targeting smart phones with the Symbian platform is double the number previously discovered, mobile antivirus vendor SimWorks has warned.
Hynix Semiconductor, a South Korean maker of DRAM (dynamic RAM), has agreed to plead guilty and pay a US$185 million fine for conspiring to fix prices in the multibillion-dollar DRAM market, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) said Thursday.
The two leading backers of rival next-generation HD (high-definition) optical disc standards, Sony and Toshiba, are actively discussing the possibility of a single format, an industry source said Thursday.
Advanced Micro Devices on Thursday introduced the fist six models of its Opteron microprocessor to feature two processing engines, or cores, on a single chip.
Users who routinely can't find Web sites they previously located using Google's search engine are getting some help from the company.
A new use of technology aims to take away the cost barrier to wireless adoption by using existing GSM networks.
Borland Software on Monday upgraded its Together modeling suite for Microsoft Visual Studio .Net development. The suite now includes UML 2.0 capabilities.
The growing number of electronics devices using OLED (organic light emitting diode) displays shows that, after years of promise, the technology is finding a home in more and more products. But while OLED displays might challenge LCDs (liquid crystal ...
MCI will acquire Interactive Content Factory (ICF) and its digital video editing software under an agreement with TWI and its parent company IMG Worldwide, the companies announced Tuesday.
A dispute between a prominent open-source developer and the maker of the software used to manage Linux kernel development has forced Linux creator Linus Torvalds to embark on a new software project of his own, in addition to the Linux kernel.
Sprint sees many new opportunities emerging in mobile data services in the coming years, among them the chance to sell advertising on its mobile entertainment offerings, a company executive told a wireless conference on Tuesday.
Internet browser company Opera Software has added features for tighter security and the ability to surf the Web with voice commands in the latest version of its browser, Opera 8 for Windows and Linux, launched Tuesday.
Yahoo topped financial analysts' earnings and revenue forecasts for its first quarter of 2005, the provider of online content and services said Tuesday.
Open source productivity suite OpenOffice.org may be touted as a viable alternative to Microsoft Office, but there are claims its pace of development and adoption of new features is being stifled by a "monolithic" code base and a developer community ...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google tells its publisher partners to comply with EU cookie directive
- Xen patches new virtual-machine escape vulnerability
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, July 28
- OnePlus refines its successful formula with new phone
- Brinks safe can be hacked with just a USB stick
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW