A small, family-owned hardware store sits on the main street of a quiet town in rural Michigan. During its peak season, the company serves about 40 customers a day for an average sale of US$9; roughly half of them pay by credit card. All of the compa...
Consumer rights groups have voiced opposition to legislation introduced in the U.S. Congress last week that would require Internet broadcasters to deploy DRM (digital rights management) technology to prevent listeners from making unauthorized copies ...
Intel's Ultra Mobile device platform will get smaller and less power-hungry over the next few years, becoming a key component in the company's vision of a personal wireless Internet available everywhere, according to a company executive.
No one is safe from being exposed, for better or worse, on YouTube. That even goes for the biggest names in technology.
A California fire investigator reversed an earlier finding and said Thursday that a cell phone was not the cause of a fire that critically burned a man and damaged the man's apartment.
Microsoft has reissued an Excel security patch, published earlier this month, after the update made it impossible for some Excel 2000 users to open documents.
Apple, caught between the promise of its new iPhone and the peril of a stock options investigation, has reported record earnings for the first quarter of its fiscal 2007 year.
HP edged out Dell again for the title of world's largest PC vendor, even though the global market fell short of predictions, according to an analysis of fourth quarter PC shipments released by IDC.
Microsoft wants to make sure consumers and small businesses know there are myriad ways they can acquire Windows Vista -- particularly in premium versions -- when it becomes generally available on Jan. 30.
A key security feature of Windows Vista, User Account Control (UAC) is still nearly unusable, Symantec has said.
Why is it so hard to leave the computer or TV screen when you're in the middle of your favourite game? According to a recent scientific study, it's not just a simple desire for 'zoning out' and fun that draws us to video games, but deeper psychologic...
Digital music sales doubled in 2006 thanks to better distribution, but the rise hasn't made up for the decline in CD sales, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) said on Wednesday.
Formal antitrust charges against computer chip maker Intel in Europe are coming closer, after officials working on the case advised European Union Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes to push ahead with legal action, according to reports.
A bug in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) can leave corporate systems open to attack if a user visits a site containing malicious code, security researchers have warned.
Seagate Technology claims to have launched the fastest hard drive, while ProStor has upped the capacity of its removable disk cartridges.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCMS Exchange Support EngineerNSW
- CCiOS developerNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCCobol ProgrammerACT
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC