As it trumpeted news of Vista SP1's scheduled release Wednesday, Microsoft Corp. also quietly said it would delay Windows Server 2008, the next version of its server operating system.
IBM announced an upgraded version of its blade server based on the Cell processor on Wednesday, adding memory and data throughput for better performance on high-end applications such as graphics and finance.
Just two weeks after revealing that some employees had falsified corporate revenue to meet earnings targets, Dell reported a profit of US$733 million (AU$897.8 million) for its fiscal 2008 second quarter, up 46 percent from its mark of US$502 million...
Sun Microsystems has ambitious plans for the commercial and open-source versions of its Solaris operating system, hoping to achieve for Solaris the kind of ubiquity already enjoyed by Java. To come close to reaching that goal, Sun needs to reach out ...
By 2012, Linux will be running on nearly 31 percent of all smart devices, thanks to a growth rate faster than Windows Mobile and Symbian, according to predictions from a research firm.
U.S. companies trying to figure out how to deal with the proliferating use at work of social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace and Bebo may want to check the advice released Thursday by Britain's Trades Union Congress (TUC).
Advanced Micro Devices wants developers to start thinking about how they can speed up their software using new instructions that will appear in the company's processors from 2009. The additions could simplify the way developers code the iterative cal...
Despite generating a hefty media buzz, social networking sites like MySpace.com and YouTube have not yet figured out how to use that publicity to generate significant advertising revenue, according to a report released this week by IDC.
The 2002 antitrust settlement between Microsoft and the U.S. government has yielded several benefits for consumers, with competing Web browsers, multimedia applications and Web-based services flourishing since the agreement, the U.S. Department of Ju...
A second line of USB drives sold by Sony Electronics that uses rootkit tactics to hide files has been identified, and the devices' software remains on the Web, a researcher said Thursday.
U.S. government contractor Lockheed Martin has begun to move part of its network to IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) as a way of showing customers how to make the transition, the company said.
Yahoo has shaken up its top management ranks once again, as the struggling Internet giant continues tweaking its organizational structure to boost advertising sales, its main source of revenue.
Microsoft Sweden offered extra "marketing contributions" to its business partners to encourage them to vote for the adoption of Microsoft's Office Open XML format as a standard at a meeting of Sweden's national standards body this week, according to ...
On the same day that Microsoft set a date for the delivery of new Vista and XP service packs, it shut down a popular utility built and maintained by Windows enthusiasts for easily installing updates offline.
Usernames and passwords for more than 100 e-mail accounts at embassies and governments worldwide have been posted online. Using the information, anyone can access the accounts that have been compromised.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.NSW
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- CCBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketVIC
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- TPData CoordinatorVIC