Toshiba will soon put its second generation of HD DVD players on sale in the U.S.
Mozilla developers have released an updated version of their Firefox browser that fixes a number of security issues, four of them rated critical.
Gartner analysts expect the release of Windows Vista next year will have little impact on boosting PC sales.
Social networking Web sites such as MySpace and YouTube are already having a major impact on the way political campaigns are run, but a group of social-network experts had a hard time predicting Friday just what applications will best connect with vo...
China's BLX IC Design Co. has produced a prototype version of its Godson-2 processor that runs at a clock speed of 1GHz.
Segway has recalled all 23,500 of its electric scooters to fix a software glitch that can topple users off the platform and that has caused six head and wrist injuries.
Hackers have discovered a new vulnerability in Internet Explorer, and they've released code that could be used to attack users of Microsoft's popular browser.
The Seven Network is set to fork out $26 million for a 33 percent shareholding in broadband telephony company, Engin.
Nintendo will launch its Wii game console in the US on November 19, in Japan on December 2, and Australia on December 7, the company said Thursday.
The first Microsoft Zune products -- the company's answer to Apple's iPod, will hit retailers in time for the busy Christmas holiday season, with a 30GB digital media player and a Zune Marketplace online service the first to reach consumers, Microsof...
Now that Microsoft has announced that its new Zune media player will be available for sale this holiday season, the question becomes: How will it fare in the sales race with Apple Computer's incredibly popular iPod?
Microsoft this week released a beta version of Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the 2007 Microsoft Office System, enabling developers to leverage new features in the upcoming Office package.
Early Thursday, Microsoft opened the doors to all comers who would like to test Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1). Testers can access the 2.52GB of data that makes up the next version of Windows either via download or on a DVD that will be sent...
Microsoft refreshed its line of keyboards and mice on Wednesday, introducing a desktop system that includes a keyboard designed for use with Windows Vista and the company's Windows Live online services.
Yahoo!7 has launched the beta version of its revamped mail application, Yahoo7! Mail.
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCService DeskWA
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT