Microsoft confirmed Tuesday that the Vista hot-fix packs that have leaked to the Web will be issued to all users.
The saga of Cisco Systems and its Linksys consumer and small-business division continued last week as Cisco Chairman and CEO John Chambers hinted at the companies' future branding strategy.
Local software company Once:technologies has released what it claims is the first browser-based Web 2.0 development platform as an open source project.
Microsoft is developing a new research group intended to quickly develop new search and advertising technologies and rapidly deliver them to advertisers and customers.
Adobe is now shipping the ColdFusion 8 application development platform, offering faster performance and basic linkages to Adobe's AIR (Adobe Integrated Runtime) technology.
The HD DVD high-definition movie format may have the lead in the U.S. porn industry, but Japanese adult film makers have turned decisively to Blu-ray Disc, breathing new life into its bid to replace DVDs as the disc of choice for home movies.
A U.S. district court judge has ruled that eBay Inc. can continue to use its "buy it now" feature even though a patent infringement ruling against the feature continues to stand.
The move towards Web 2.0 technologies may well be another race between functionality and security, and for now at least, security seems to be at the tail end.
Two substantial collections of Windows Vista hotfixes leaked to the Internet after being offered to Windows Server 2008 beta testers this weekend, leading some users to speculate that the pair are actually the foundation of the future Service Pack 1 ...
Google Inc.'s Analytics service stopped delivering data to users on Saturday, another in a series of recent performance and availability problems affecting this popular Web site traffic-monitoring service.
A security tool that identifies botnets and blocks attacks from these zombie networks is being made available by Trend Micro online in the software-as-a-service model.
The Internet regulation body, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), is asking for the public's input as it revises its accreditation process for registrars, the companies that register and sell domain names.
On-demand sales and marketing services startup Genius.com is releasing a new product, Genius Team, to enable sales managers to assess how effectively their staff are using e-mail to target prospective customers.
Due to the waning popularity of Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment (PATA) technology in favour of the newer and speedier Serial ATA-based disk drives, Seagate has acknowledged plans to stop building the older products.
A security feature in the 64-bit version of Windows Vista can be easily circumvented with a free utility that loads unsigned drivers into the kernel, according to researchers at Symantec.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T, Time Warner deal under scrutiny from politicians, consumer groups
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- Why Melbourne Cup online betting servers win with Flash
- Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW