The threat posed to computer users and companies by hackers is shifting from attacks on the computers to attacks on electronic transactions, according to the head of one of the world's largest security software vendors.
Microsoft became one of the first game console makers to launch in India when it launched the Xbox 360 in seven cities in September.
Microsoft has closed a project to develop a tool, Codename Max, for sharing photos with friends and reading RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds, among other functions.
Microsoft has unveiled a new website that describes features of the upcoming Zune music store and also revealed that MSN Music won't continue to sell digital songs.
BenQ has unveiled some new flat-panel monitors that have been qualified to work with Microsoft's upcoming Windows Vista operating system.
As Microsoft prepares to release Windows Vista to manufacturing next week and make it available to corporate users at the end of the month, the debate is ratcheting up over how much money -- if any -- companies could save by upgrading to the new oper...
HP has made a further addition to its pigment-based printer line up for the professional and advanced amateur photographer market with the Australian release of the B9180.
Security vendors, Symantec and McAfee, may soon find Microsoft competing with them in a new market.
Customer concerns over changes to Windows Vista licensing that limited a transfer of the license to only one machine have inspired Microsoft to revise the OS' licensing policy.
The four-day United Nations-sponsored Internet Governance Forum (IGF) was heavy on talk, light on action -- in line with its mandate to give interested parties a global stage to express their views on the future of the Internet.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer hosted a press conference in San Francisco yesterday, presumably to announce the company has completed Vista and Office 2007.
Symantec has announced an updated version of its Mobile AntiVirus software to protect Windows-based smart phones and mobile handsets based on Windows Mobile 5.0 and the earlier Windows Mobile 2003.
Yahoo Thursday introduced video Web sites in France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
Spammers are co-opting the top-level domains (TLDs) of obscure island nations as a new tactic to avoid spam filters, according to McAfee.
A second minor bug found in the Firefox 2.0 Web browser will be fixed, but users shouldn't encounter much of a problem in the mean time, a Mozilla official said Thursday.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA