Eugene Kaspersky, head of Muskovite antivirus research outfit Kaspersky Labs, has revealed a brave new vision for a safer cybersphere which, if successful, will redefine the very nature of information as we know it: state control of the Internet.
Sick of your boyfriend or girlfriend? Had enough of their irritating ways? Why not make some money out of the no good so and so -- that's exactly what one dumped girlfriend thought, putting her ex up for sale on Internet auction site eBay.
As usual, this year's CeBIT trade show was packed full of consumer electronics and computing gadgets. Across the exhibition's 27 halls were hundreds of interesting and unique gadgets and products and through these some trends were apparent. As has be...
Microsoft is working with a number of universities in several countries to set up courses that teach students how to write secure code, the company said Friday. The University of Leeds in England is the first to announce such a course.
Dell Computer and Hewlett-Packard (HP) will square off in yet another hardware market next week, when Dell announces a new line of printers, a company spokeswoman said Friday.
The beginning of war in Iraq prompted a rash of protest hacking on the Internet, with new war-themed viruses and Web page defacements directed at U.S., U.K. and Australian interests. But the devastating new worms and viruses that were predicted by so...
Telstra says it has joined with four international telcos to form an Asian wireless broadband alliance aimed at business travellers.
Microsoft Chairman and Chief Software Architect Bill Gates on Wednesday used his keynote address at the first Microsoft Mobile Developer Conference to signal Microsoft's intention to play a major role in the mobile software business.
This week marks the tenth anniversary of the NetBSD operating system and in honour of the occasion developers worldwide are having a party.
Australia’s broadband take-up continues to rise, but the rate of users signing up to high-speed services is in decline, according to a new industry report.
Microsoft Corp. warned customers of another security vulnerability on Wednesday, this one affecting its Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000 firewall and Web cache product.
Cisco Systems Inc. Thursday announced a definitive agreement to acquire privately held Linksys Group Inc., a leading provider of wired and wireless network products for consumers and small office/home office users, for US$500 million in stock.
The growth of malicious code slowed between July 2001 and the end of last year, but new viruses pose a more constant threat and last longer than in previous years, a new survey of companies has found.
Although 1 April is synonymous with pranks and jokes, Microsoft is not playing the fool with its plans to revamp its server software licensing structure.
Motorola Inc. grabbed a lot of headlines in February when it announced the world's first mobile phone that runs Linux, however, developers won't be able to create Linux applications and run those on the phone because Linux is not secure enough, Motor...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Startup SQLdep aims to help DBAs stay sane
- BlackBerry's deal to buy voice crypto company Secusmart blessed by German government
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Online Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTClient Services Manager | Digital Client Services ManagerNSW