Japan's Turbolinux will begin selling its Wizpy Linux-based multimedia player in February. As a bonus, the device can also be used to boot a PC into the Linux OS, allowing users to access their files in their own working environment on almost any PC.
If your reaction to all of this week's hype swirling around the launch of Windows Vista is less "Wow!" and more "Whoa! Enough already!" then 2007 could be a long year.
Microsoft drew the largest number of Web site visitors worldwide in December, a recurring accomplishment that makes the company's disappointing online ad business all the more disconcerting.
Microsoft has released the final version of its new IM (instant message) client optimized for Windows Vista.
As customers line up to buy new PCs capable of running Microsoft's new Windows Vista OS, vendors like Dell and Hewlett-Packard (HP) are preparing to process a surge of discarded, outmoded computers.
Sony's core electronics business more than doubled profits in the last quarter of 2006, but failed to offset price cuts to its PlayStation 3 game console, leading to an overall profit decline of just over 5 per cent.
An Internet-based provider of sexually explicit entertainment has agreed to pay a US$465,000 civil penalty for sending unwanted e-mail, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission announced Tuesday.
Telecom New Zealand announced today it had reached an agreement to acquire 100 percent of ASX-listed voice and data carrier PowerTel.
Trend Micro introduced an updated version of its client-server messaging security software package for small-to-midsize business, adding antispyware protection for the desktop.
European businesses are being urged to fight against the imposition of a Microsoft-led standard that, it is claimed, will cripple competition and lead to increased costs for business.
The annual Demo 2007 conference in Palm Desert, California, this week will lay bare for an audience of venture capitalists the results of thousands of hours of blood, sweat, and tears on the part of hardware and software engineers.
Seagate Technology and Motorola have invested in the portable storage market, hoping to meet a rising need by users of cell phones and smartphones to carry gigabytes of digital photos and music in their pockets.
Devicescape Software says it has a solution for the problem of using Wi-Fi hot spots with devices that don't have browsers.
The annual IBM Internet Security Systems security trends report published Tuesday shows 7,427 software bugs were cataloged last year, an increase of 39.5 percent over the number of vulnerabilities identified in 2005.
More than two years after a security researcher first called attention to Sony BMG's use of a stealth program to enforce digital rights management on its music CDs, the company reached a deal with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over the incident, ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Coordinator | CBD | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCF5 Infrastructure AdministratorNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW