Security vendors are launching two Web sites aimed at helping people report and avoid phishing attacks. The Phishing Incident Reporting and Termination Squad (PIRT) is as a volunteer effort designed to take down phishing sites, while CipherTrust's Ph...
In a move some think has the potential to stall the adoption of OpenDocument Format (ODF) as an international standard, Microsoft has joined a group that takes part in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) voting process to standar...
With Microsoft saying that it may wait until April 11 to patch a critical vulnerability in its Internet Explorer browser, security vendor eEye Digital Security has released what it calls a "temporary" patch to address the problem.
The founder of the Jabber open-source instant messaging software believes that he has a way to simplify the thorny problem of online identity. Over the weekend, developer Jeremie Miller launched a new project, called MicroID, designed to give users ...
Sony, Toshiba NEC Electronics said they haven't yet made a decision on joint production of advanced semiconductor chips, thus denying a report to the contrary in the Monday morning edition of Japan's Mainichi Shimbun newspaper.
Digital rights management (DRM) technology has deep flaws despite the hope of content providers that encrypted files will deter illegal file sharing, a computer security researcher said Monday.
A recently identified Internet Explorer security hole is now being exploited and Microsoft hopes to include a fix for it in its April 11 patch or maybe even earlier, according to a posting on a Microsoft blog.
Customers' changing expectations are behind Microsoft's decision to offer some of its applications over the Web in the form of free services supported by advertising, a company executive said Monday. The change in course led to last week's management...
Microsoft has established a public database to allow Internet Explorer users to report bugs in the Web browser.
Employees could be offered smart phones for secure VOIP calls over Wi-Fi and GPRS giving them a single handset and phone number for inside the office and outside.
More delays in the release schedule for Windows Vista revealed last week hint that problems with getting the OS out the door may be broader than Microsoft has articulated.
An Internet marketer will pay a US$900,000 fine, the largest ever on spam-related charges, in a consent decree announced last Thursday by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Internet2 isn't just for hardcore researchers anymore. A survey by the not-for-profit consortium shows that 46,000-plus K-12 schools, libraries, museums and others are also exploiting the Internet2 backbone.
As the World Wide Web evolves into a more collaborative platform, the technologies and business models involved in that transition are being swept up into the "Web 2.0" rubric, a term vague enough to encompass almost anything one cares to push under ...
Obstacles to developing Web applications were critical in the minds of Java developers at TheServerside Java Symposium last Thursday.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
- Qualcomm's new LTE modem hits a gigabit and touches the future of mobile
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCOracle Test LeadNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CC.NET DeveloperACT