Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3), the update scheduled to release next year, runs Microsoft's Office suite 10 percent faster than XP SP2, a performance testing software developer reported Friday.
T-Mobile GmbH will sell unlocked iPhones for US$1,482, (AU$1,694.43) the German mobile carrier said Wednesday, marking the first time Apple Inc.'s smart phone has been officially available unlocked.
The schools secretary, Ed Balls, has ordered an independent assessment of security for the ContactPoint database that is set to hold the details of every child from birth.
Security researchers warn that attack code targeting an unpatched bug in Apple's QuickTime has gone public, and added that in-the-wild attacks against systems running Windows XP and Vista are probably not far behind.
Apple reintroduced a critical vulnerability in Leopard, the newest version of Mac OS X, that it had patched more than 20 months ago in Tiger, security experts said this week.
A new software development collaborative service for Ubuntu Linux is being launched Monday to give developers a consolidated arena to build code for Ubuntu on the desktop, server and for mobile applications.
The Web was originally designed for housing public content, but the fact that it's now used to build applications housing private data make it a ripe platform for malicious attacks, according to one speaker at the SecTor 2007 conference in Toronto th...
The GNOME Foundation, recently slammed by critics who accused it of supporting Microsoft's Open Office XML document format (OOXML), has issued a statement to clarify its position on the matter.
A team led by Indiana University won this year's Supercomputing Bandwidth Challenge by achieving a peak transfer rate of over 18Gbps out of a possible maximum of 20Gbps.
A US federal court ruling has cleared the way for wireless chip maker Broadcom to pursue an injunction against rival Qualcomm after a long-running patent dispute.
The blade server teams at HP and IBM are fighting it out over I/O virtualization. IBM unveiled an I/O virtualization tool called Open Fabric Manager Monday, claiming it one-ups HP's Virtual Connect because IBM uses open technology that's compatible w...
Young people are compromising their career prospects and opening the door to online fraud by posting personal information on social networking sites without thinking about the consequences, a U.K. privacy watchdog warned Friday.
RIM, once the maker of the most corporate-looking handhelds, is rumored to be working on a touch-screen phone that will compete with the iPhone and - for the first time on a BlackBerry - have no hard keyboard.
French startup Seanodes has a product to combine storage on many Linux servers into a single shared pool of storage, making networked storage unnecessary.
Taiwan has developed a powerful ultramobile PC that can fit in your hand, complete with a speedy 1GHz microprocessor on board.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- FTTIBCO DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTWeb Developers - .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCSolution Designer with PEGA experience- TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Process Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW