Intel has decided to cancel its project to develop an LCOS (liquid crystal on silicon) chip that would bring down the cost of rear-projection televisions, an Intel spokeswoman said Thursday.
New security flaws have been discovered in Microsoft's Internet Explorer that could compromise users' systems and allow hackers to bypass the added Windows XP security that came with SP2.
Search engine darling Google has patched a hole in its search engine the could have allowed malicious hackers to modify the content of the Google search results page or silently modify search results, but a new hole may have already appeared.
Search maverick Google missed widely on Wall Street's earnings expectations for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2004, its first quarterly financial report after launching its initial public offering.
Citing continued strength in the PC and server markets, Microsoft on Thursday reported earnings that beat Wall Street expectations and a 12 percent increase in revenue for the first quarter of its 2005 fiscal year.
Open source advocates will get an official boost next week with State Government support for the Australian Open Source Symposium in Perth.
Intel is developing an optical interconnect technology to replace copper ribbons in laptop computers and servers that should be ready for commercialization within three to five years, Justin Rattner, Intel senior fellow and director of the company's ...
Motherboard chipsets don't normally excite much attention in the security world, but Nvidia's nForce4 could turn out to be the exception.
You wouldn't use a sledgehammer to hang a picture frame, so why would you sink hundreds of dollars into an office software suite with scores of features you'll never use?
It's easy to get the impression that the midrange Unix server is like a boxer near the end of a career - still packing a wallop, just no longer throwing knockout left hooks. But the truth is, new processor architectures, multi-core systems, and the a...
Search engine company Google has been named the fastest growing company in North America, according to a new ranking by professional services firm Deloitte & Touche.
Microsoft is recasting ambitions for its .Net Passport identification system, saying the service now will be limited to its own online offerings and those of close partners. Microsoft no longer sees Passport as a single sign-on system for the Web at ...
Sun has slashed in half the cost of its open source alternative to Microsoft Office.
Corel has strengthened its position in the graphics and imaging software market with the acquisition of Jasc Software, the company behind the Paint Shop family of products.
PayPal's online payment Web site slowly returned to normal operations last week after an unspecified coding error virtually shut down the site for four days.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT30 Tough camera
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Pinterest turns its feed into a store with 'buyable pins'
- Fitbit looks to raise at least $358 million in IPO
- WikiLeaks raising $100k bounty for a copy of the Trans-Pacific trade pact
- Facebook says 'oui' to AI with Paris research team
- New SOHO router security audit uncovers over 60 flaws in 22 models
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW