Developers and other supporters of the Kerberos authentication platform gathered at MIT's Stata Center on Thursday to unveil a new industry effort aimed at furthering the technology.
VMware Wednesday released the first beta of Fusion 1.1, the newest version of its virtualization software that lets Mac owners run Windows on their Intel-powered computers.
Engate Technology Thursday announced a version of its antispam software that the company says includes the industry's first preemptive protection against phishing attacks.
The percentage of threats arriving in e-mail that rely on links to malicious sites -- rather than arriving as a file attachment -- has ballooned 10-fold since the first quarter of the year, a UK security company said today.
Google's proposed merger with online advertising server DoubleClick would create a giant that would control a huge portion of online advertising and hurt the Internet, opponents of the deal have told US lawmakers.
Amid uncertainty about the greater economy, technology companies are looking good to investors. Strong earnings from Red Hat this week and Oracle last week, continued excitement over mergers and acquisitions, and solid forecasts for global component ...
Mobile phones will not cause cancer or slow the brain, according to a recently published six-year study, but the jury is not out.
The mini-explosion that hit the Internet following the alleged circulation of a sex video starring Meg White, member of the band, The White Stripes was an echo of a previous incident that involved a well-known Hilton family member.
The security threat posed by wireless networks has been a hot-button issue for years now. Are they still a prime target for hackers?
Want wireless security? Fine, click the WPA2 button during your router setup, enter a key, change the default log-on, and you're good.
If you've got a wireless network at home or at your business and don't take special care to protect it, well, you're playing Russian roulette -- and the chamber is loaded with multiple bullets.
The digital music industry is headed for a crossroads, as more stores and record labels try out DRM-free music sales, and as some of the bigger names in digital music team up to offer a new service.
Microsoft has taken the wraps off a beta version of the Windows Live SkyDrive online storage service. While it has a lot to like, it is clearly still a beta offering.
From missing USB ports to not having the right application, plenty of obstacles can prevent you from printing your files on the road. <a href=" http://cloudprint.hpl.hp.com">CloudPrint</a>, a free beta app from Hewlett-Packard Labs, aims to solve tho...
Despite previously claiming it had no plans to buy out Unwired, the Seven Network has proposed a takeover bid for 100 per cent of the wireless broadband provider of $0.45 a share.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCProcess Specialist - short contract, asap start!VIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC