A Dutch Web developer has discovered a vulnerability in Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) 6 Web browser that could allow a PC to be taken over after a user is lured to a malicious Web site.
Developers at the Mozilla Foundation are readying the first alpha version of the Firefox 2 open-source browser, and could release it as early as Tuesday. The release includes a new "Places" feature intended to make it easier to find and return to rec...
Google has launched a financial news and information Web site called Google Finance that will be in direct competition with well-established ones such as Yahoo's Yahoo Finance and Microsoft's MSN Money.
The French National Assembly approved a digital copyright bill on Tuesday that will require DRM (digital rights management) developers to reveal details of their technology to rivals that wish to build interoperable systems. The bill could affect the...
Developers have an opportunity to derive revenue from developing mini-applications, called Gadgets, for Microsoft's Windows Vista OS, a company executive said at MIX 06 Tuesday.
Hutchison Whampoa's 3 Group has signed a deal to make Microsoft's MSN Messenger and Hotmail services available to its 3G (third-generation) mobile subscribers in several countries, the company said in a statement.
Red Hat has released the latest version of its Fedora Core Linux community distribution with new desktop applications, security capabilities and virtualization technologies.
Labor announced on Tuesday it will force Internet service providers (ISPs) to block violent and pornographic material.
A faulty update to Symantec's Norton security software began booting thousands of users off their AOL internet connections last week, Symantec has admitted.
Microsoft on Monday unveiled a global initiative to crack down on cybercriminals who engage in phishing. The company will set in motion more than 100 legal actions against phishers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) by the end of June, acco...
The browser isn't everything when it comes to Microsoft's platform strategy for next-generation Web applications, but it remains key, Chairman and Chief Software Architect Bill Gates made clear Monday at MIX 06.
Chinese authorities have sentenced a man to 10 years in prison for posting an anti-government article on the Internet, a human rights advocacy group said.
Multimedia developer Jered Cuenco calls it the "gray box application" phenomenon: when a developer, befuddled by a graphic designer's computer-drawn mockups and unclear instructions, comes back with a prototype full of generic gray buttons, plain whi...
Japan's Sanyo Electric Co. and Taiwan's Quanta Computer have reached a basic agreement to form a joint venture to make and sell flat-panel TVs.
A prominent French security company has stopped distributing exploit code to the general public -- a move that should come as a relief to many software vendors.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT