Mobile phones will not cause cancer or slow the brain, according to a recently published six-year study, but the jury is not out.
The mini-explosion that hit the Internet following the alleged circulation of a sex video starring Meg White, member of the band, The White Stripes was an echo of a previous incident that involved a well-known Hilton family member.
The security threat posed by wireless networks has been a hot-button issue for years now. Are they still a prime target for hackers?
Want wireless security? Fine, click the WPA2 button during your router setup, enter a key, change the default log-on, and you're good.
If you've got a wireless network at home or at your business and don't take special care to protect it, well, you're playing Russian roulette -- and the chamber is loaded with multiple bullets.
The digital music industry is headed for a crossroads, as more stores and record labels try out DRM-free music sales, and as some of the bigger names in digital music team up to offer a new service.
Microsoft has taken the wraps off a beta version of the Windows Live SkyDrive online storage service. While it has a lot to like, it is clearly still a beta offering.
From missing USB ports to not having the right application, plenty of obstacles can prevent you from printing your files on the road. <a href=" http://cloudprint.hpl.hp.com">CloudPrint</a>, a free beta app from Hewlett-Packard Labs, aims to solve tho...
Despite previously claiming it had no plans to buy out Unwired, the Seven Network has proposed a takeover bid for 100 per cent of the wireless broadband provider of $0.45 a share.
While the evidence is mixed on whether or not Windows Vista is driving sales for large PC vendors, it may be jumpstarting profits for their small US counterparts.
In 1965, the consumer electronics revolution that would result in PCs, iPods, smart phones and myriad other electronic devices was still years off. And the predecessors of the integrated circuits that would power such products were being used mostly ...
What would DEMO '07, or any high tech show for that matter, be without loud music and a light show for the daily opening of the conference? DEMOfall could do no less.
Rumours that Channel 7 was to buy Unwired were confirmed this morning with the company announcing a $127 million offer for the wireless Internet service provider.
The lights go down, the noise comes up, and Demo 07 is underway.
Tuesday's afternoon sessions at Demo 07 in the US offered up an instructive look behind the scenes at the enabling technologies that will drive high tech's future capabilities.
There are many laptops and convertibles on the market but few represent a full realisation of what a Windows-based convertible can be – a total marriage of Windows’ features with the hardware to make the most of it. This is why Microsoft made its own device, the Surface Pro, which is now in its fourth iteration.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- China goes after unauthorized VPN access from local ISPs
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Hugo Barra quits Chinese phone maker Xiaomi to return to Silicon Valley
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW