Responding to user pressure, Dell confirmed it will preinstall the Ubuntu distribution of the Linux operating system on some of its computers.
A pair of security vulnerabilities found in certain versions of Adobe Systems's popular Photoshop products could put users' computers at risk, according to security researchers. Neither flaw has been patched yet.
Dell may have won applause from customers Tuesday by announcing it will sell commercial PCs running the Ubuntu distribution of Linux, but if the experience of competitors is a guide, it faces challenges translating the move into financial success.
BlueArc's latest and largest Titan 2500 NAS/iSCSI product now has 10 gigabit Ethernet support, signalling the arrival of serious Ethernet competition to Fibre Channel.
Security companies Tuesday warned Winamp users that the music player application has a bug that could give attackers the means to hijack PCs.
A pair of Gartner analysts Tuesday denounced a recent hack challenge that uncovered a still-unpatched QuickTime bug, calling it "a risky endeavor" and urging sponsors to reconsider such public contests.
Checkpoint Systems is rolling out a line of radio frequency identification (RFID) enabled labels that it boasts can be used to both support advanced inventory control and help catch shoplifters, allowing retailers to consolidate its use of the techno...
Samsung Electronics has started mass producing flash memory chips that hold more data and work at higher speeds than competing chips.
Verizon Wireless is hoping to appeal to the international business traveler -- a customer segment that it may have struggled to attract previously -- with a new BlackBerry designed to work around the world.
Asterisk, the popular open source PABX, is about to get even easier to install and configure with the imminent release of the AsteriskNow Linux distribution by Digium, the company that started it all.
The mobile phone industry has moved forward in its efforts to agree to a global standard for delivering secure services such as credit-card payments on handheld devices, according to an industry executive.
BT has developed a new device for laptops that eliminates the need for a keyboard or mouse.
Sony Computer Entertainment has launched an internal inquiry following an event in Athens last month that featured a decapitated goat and topless models to promote its new game "God of War II."
Privacy advocates are concerned that a move by Verio to stop hosting a controversial Web site points to a growing control of the Web by big business and governments.
Thousands of news articles each day are piped by <a href="http://www.reuters.com/" target="_blank">Reuters</a> into financial-services firms and other businesses to help them make decisions. Now Reuters has also come up with a way to machine-read thi...
Logitech Australia has partnered with PC World to give you the chance to win one of their 6 highly sought after gaming accessories from their latest range
These accessories are designed to make your gaming experience more immersive as they combine the latest technology with a sleek design to deliver performance oriented gear for the pro gamer. The prices are valued at over $1,000 in total. *Terms and Conditions Apply, only Australian Residents eligible.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT