Canonical, the British company behind the popular Ubuntu Linux distribution, on Thursday announced the release of the latest version of its operating system that includes a number of updates, including faster boot times.
The introduction of the latest incarnation of 3G technology into Australia is set to put the squeeze on existing wireless broadband providers, but claims of their eventual demise are unfounded says one service provider.
The global recall and replacement of millions of laptop batteries, and start-up costs for the PlayStation 3 console, pushed Sony's operations into the red for the July to September quarter, despite a jump in sales.
Bug trackers have had a couple false starts with the release of Firefox 2.0, a top Mozilla engineer said Thursday.
Rambus sees the microprocessor market share war between Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) as a possible way to win more orders from the PC industry, according to the company's chief executive officer (CEO).
IBM researchers have found a way to draw twice as much heat off hard-working computer chips, clearing the way for server farms and data centers to use denser, faster processors.
Microsoft on Thursday finally attempted to clear up confusion over licensing of Windows Vista for power users who rebuild their PCs on a regular basis. But the answer from the software vendor did little to placate some users, who are still upset abou...
Microsoft has won a court case against a German spammer charged with forging e-mail and making it appear to come from Microsoft's hotmail.com domain.
The Office worker productivity and collaboration suite is about to become the next piece of software from Microsoft subject to mandatory piracy checks.
At its 30th anniversary party, Acer moved up the time it expects to take over the number 3 slot in global PC market share to 2007, shaving a year off its previous forecast.
It's time for consumers, musicians and filmmakers to band together and advocate copyright laws that make sense for them, not for large music labels and movie studios, a group of advocacy groups said Wednesday during the launch of the Digital Freedom ...
Just one week after claiming that users of Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 browser could be at risk to an online attack, Danish security vendor Secunia is reporting a new bug in the browser.
PC manufacturers that expected to get their hands on the final version of Windows Vista on Wednesday have to wait a couple more weeks for the OS, according to sources familiar with the company's plans.
Advanced Micro Devices plans to make chips integrating its x86 with a graphics processor on a single piece of silicon by early 2009. The announcement came as AMD completed its US$5.4 billion merger with graphics chip manufacturer ATI Technologies on ...
Strong sales of its iPod music players and Macintosh computers helped Apple Computer earn net income of $US546 million in its fiscal 2006 fourth quarter, but the company warned it could restate its financial results at a later time as it continues an...
Nothing speeds up your computer like a Solid State Disk (SSD). But there are plenty of unreliable drives out there so it’s Crucial you buy from a brand you can trust. But before looking at the benefits, just what is an SSD?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC