Governments of the world have to take control of the Internet to save it from buckling under the increasing pressure of worms, viruses and other cyberattacks, Eugene Kaspersky, head of antivirus research at Kaspersky Labs Ltd. of Moscow said.
Looking to break into the end-user market for add-in graphics boards, Silicon Integrated Systems Corp. (SIS) plans to release an upgraded version of its Xabre graphics chip in July, according to a company executive.
NEC and Toshiba have unveiled the first prototypes of desktop computer drives that are based on Advanced Optical Disc (AOD), a next-generation blue-laser based format that supports storage of 20G bytes of data on a 12-centimeter disc.
Creative Labs will make a personal media player that runs Microsoft's forthcoming Media2Go software, Microsoft said Wednesday.
Via Technologies Thursday will introduce a 1GHz processor with an integrated Northbridge chip that will allow vendors to build smaller PCs.
Australian developer conferences will continue to see Microsoft and Borland holding hands, despite Borland promoting its upcoming alternative for .Net development.
A new chipset from Silicon Integrated Systems Corp. (SiS) announced at CeBIT Wednesday supports a 400MHz front-side bus for Advanced Micro Devices Inc.'s (AMD's) Athlon XP processors, which appears to clear up questions about whether AMD would includ...
Telstra BigPond cable customers will be entitled to a 25 per cent rebate on their monthly usage bill for network downtimes experienced during February - the second rebate offered by the telco to its broadband customers in as many months.
Microsoft has added webcam functionality to its MSN Messenger 5.0 client, allowing users to stream and view live video via instant messages.
Intel Wednesday officially launched its Centrino package, which includes the latest addition to the company's mobile processor lineup alongside a companion chipset and a wireless LAN chip.
A new version of the Code Red worm is spreading on the Internet, more than 18 months after the original worm infected Web servers worldwide, according to alerts posted Wednesday by a number of antivirus software vendors.
Microsoft is working on software that will add basic support for eight more languages to its Windows XP Tablet PC Edition operating system, it said Wednesday.
The CERT Coordination Center (CERT/CC) security organization based at Carnegie Mellon University in the U.S. has seen an increase in exploitation of weak administrator passwords on systems running Microsoft's Windows 2000 or Windows XP operating syst...
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) tried to steal some of Intel's thunder Wednesday by announcing 12 new notebook processors, including five low-voltage chips designed for thin-and-light notebooks and higher wattage chips for larger notebooks.
Altova Inc. knows there is plenty of conversation these days about integration using XML-formatted data, but the company would rather talk about how to first get that data into an XML format.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Syrian Electronic Army posts hacking message on several news sites
- Fastest LTE speed will be out of reach for most users
- EU net neutrality discussions to continue into the next year
- Over 23,000 Web servers infected with CryptoPHP backdoor
- Panasonic opens smart town targeting zero-emission houses
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW