About 2,600 Web sites are already running Microsoft's forthcoming Windows Server 2008, a small but increasing number that indicates rising interest in the OS, according to new statistics from Netcraft.
Greenpeace has moved Apple up its green electronics rankings thanks to Steve Job's promises to phase out PVCs and other chemical nasties from its products, but the top spot goes to Nokia.
The new DDR3 -- Double Data Rate 3 -- standard, gives a big performance improvement and should reduce power compared with to the DDR1 and DDR2 memory schemes, according to the standards group which made it.
Along with its newly-hued PCs, Dell Tuesday quietly made free online storage standard for all new Inspiron and XPS computers, the first time a top-tier OEM has bundled the service with consumer systems.
Ingram Micro will distribute Google's Search Appliance and Google Mini enterprise search devices, a deal intended to accelerate sales of the products, the companies announced Wednesday.
Messages insisting that users install a just-released Microsoft security update are bogus and actually lead to a site that plants malicious code on PCs, several security companies warned Wednesday.
Gartner is known for its comprehensive market research, but Wednesday the firm produced two separate reports that could leave IT managers scratching their heads over whether to support Apple's iPhone.
Coincidence or not, Apple Wednesday released a video demonstration of the iPhone's touch-screen keyboard hours after the first reviews criticized some aspects of the device's screen-tapping.
Samsung Electronics has developed a pair of chips that can receive and decode four mobile digital TV systems. The chips should make possible smaller portable media players and mobile phones that can pick up local broadcasts around the world.
IBM still operates the fastest supercomputer in the industry, but rival HP has more of them in operation, according to a closely watched global survey.
Toshiba has disclosed details of a new range of laptop computers based on processors from AMD - the first AMD-based machines the company has sold in about seven years.
Internet radio stations hope a National Day of Silence will reverberate loudly in the halls of Congress.
The growing popularity of video on the Web has prompted RealNetworks to launch a beta version of its RealPlayer software that allows users to easily record and download videos to their PCs.
Texas Instruments (TI) will develop chips for low-power devices based on a new short-range wireless Bluetooth specification.
Antivirus software is frequently tested for performance, so picking a top product should be straightforward: Select the number-one vendor whose software kills off all of the evil things circulating on the Internet. You're good to go then, right? Not ...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT