Joanna Rutkowska, a security researcher known for picking apart the security mechanisms built into Windows, is to demonstrate new ways for hackers to invade Windows Vista, including rootkit techniques and ways to defeat BitLocker drive encryption.
IBM hopes to get more users interested in its midmarket family of products with the expansion of its Express Advantage program outside of North America and the addition of new server, storage and software offerings.
Acer achieved its top goal for 2007 early in the year, passing Lenovo Group as the world's third largest PC vendor in the first quarter. For the rest of the year it plans to extend its lead over Lenovo, executives said, putting it in position to chal...
Dell chief, Michael Dell, has dropped his biggest hint yet that the PC vendor is looking at an indirect channel.
Microsoft Friday released the second beta of its System Center Virtual Machine Manager, which is designed to help companies manage their virtualization deployments.
Reports from two stock analysts this week point to a possible slowdown in Cisco's core enterprise business, and pressure for Cisco to meet service provider sales goals -- trends which could reflect harder times overall in the IT and networking market...
Google could avoid future malware attacks carried out using advertisements posted on its Web sites if the company more thoroughly investigated customers of its AdWords system, according to security and legal experts.
A beta version of News's MySpace community site was launched this week in China, but users must be careful when typing the Chinese site's URL or may end up shopping for patio furniture.
A French security researcher has revealed a flaw in the handling of Bitmap files within Adobe's Photoshop program that can lead to an exploit of a user's system.
E-books, those flat electronic tablets designed for reading downloadable, software-based books, are often packed with advanced displays and other leading-edge technology.
Optical fibre is a lot easier to tap than most people imagine. There is no need to break or splice the fibre now -- a relatively shallow bend can be enough.
Acer has hired a lawyer that helped win a big patent case against Hewlett-Packard (HP) two years ago to help defend itself against two HP patent lawsuits, Acer's chairman said Friday.
Mozilla Thursday unveiled new details of its schedule for Firefox 3, the next major upgrade to the popular open-source browser.
In a postmortem of last month's Windows animated (.ANI) cursor vulnerability, one of Microsoft's security development gurus Friday spelled out how the bug sneaked into Vista.
The hardest thing about learning to use the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) project's XO notebook PC is finding the right way to twist its antenna ears and open the display. Once you can see the screen, just follow the icons to write a note, snap a photo...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCSenior Systems Integration Engineer (HIB)SA
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW