SurfControl has released an upgrade for its Enterprise Threat Shield (ETS) that protects corporate networks against the dangers of Skype.
Millions of people who don't consider themselves gamers play computer games from 1 to 20 hours each week. These people, who game developers call "casual gamers," don't play the hardcore PC games like FEAR, World of Warcraft, or City of Villains. They...
Microsoft is warning users of its Internet Explorer browser to use caution on the Web, after the disclosure of an unpatched bug that could allow attackers to seize control of a PC running the browser software.
Researchers at IBM have taken a large step toward creating nano-scale processors. They have built an electronic integrated circuit by combining conventional silicon technology with a carbon nanotube molecule.
Sixty-three percent of consumers who conduct online searches for various products actually end up buying those items off-line, according to study released Tuesday by comScore Networks.
Some consumers are being taken for a ride when looking to recover lost data, a path that can easily be avoided, claims one supplier of data recovery services.
Four people have been indicted and could face 30 years in prison for a variation on a popular scam in which e-mail senders claim they're trying to transfer money out of Nigeria, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Thursday.
Dell has agreed to purchase high-performance PC vendor Alienware, the two companies announced Wednesday.
Apple Computer has accused France of "state-sponsored piracy" in reaction to a proposed law that would allow iTunes users to play their music on devices other than iPods.
The StopBadware.org group, which was launched in January with the goal of becoming an online "hall of shame" for spyware and questionable adware, has begun naming software applications it recommends users think twice about before installing.
Security researchers have given Microsoft more work to do as it prepares an upcoming Internet Explorer (IE) security fix. On Wednesday, they disclosed a critical vulnerability in Microsoft's browser -- the third flaw to be disclosed in the past week.
EBay and Amazon.com this week announced extensions to their content syndication capabilities, the latest example of e-commerce players using this popular technology to facilitate the flow of product information to potential buyers in order to help s...
Companies using Symantec's Veritas Backup Exec are facing a dilemma after Symantec warned of security flaws in the software, but pulled some of the patches due to quality issues.
Novell has released SuSE Linux 10, aimed mainly at the consumer enthusiast market -- but also providing enterprise customers with a look at the technologies Novell could introduce in the next rev of the hardened enterprise-level OS. Novell was handin...
Three executives from Samsung Electronics Co., the largest manufacturer of DRAM (dynamic random access memory), have agreed to plead guilty and serve jail time for participating in a worldwide conspiracy to fix DRAM prices, the U.S. Department of Jus...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTProject Support OfficerWA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC