Apple Inc. could face legal action by the Norwegian government in March if the U.S. company refuses to unlock its iTunes online music store from its iPod media player.
Scientists claim to be able to attach an image to a photon and retrieve it later.
In a move to generate more buzz -- and bucks -- for its Live mobile phone portal, Vodafone Group is poised to launch a "Web 2.0" service that allows customers to upload and view their own videos.
Google has dusted the cobwebs off its Groups discussion forum service with a redesigned interface and new features like the ability to create and edit Web pages and upload and share files.
Beset by sinking prices for microprocessors and the cost of acquiring graphics chip company ATI, AMD has reported a fourth-quarter loss of $US574 million, down from a profit of $US96 million for the same quarter last year.
Yahoo exceeded Wall Street's revenue and earnings expectations in its fourth quarter, as the embattled Web portal begins 2007 with high hopes for its revamped advertising platform and recent reorganization.
Microsoft will begin the international roll-out of its consumer security software on Jan. 30 when it releases a new version of Windows Live OneCare in the U.S. and 16 other countries.
Families with new high definition (HD) video camcorders and news anchors being broadcast in HD have already discovered just how revealing the picture quality is.
A software engineer in Australia has said he was offered payment by Microsoft to edit certain entries in the Wikipedia online dictionary, opening a heated debate about the ethics of such a move.
Rivals Microsoft and OpenOffice.org on Tuesday both released toolkits that support building applications for their competing document file formats and productivity suites.
Visitors to the German Web site of Google were met with a strange sight early Tuesday morning: gone was the Google logo, replaced by the name of a local Internet service provider with the message that no content was available for the domain.
Microsoft has announced a new codename for the Windows OS that will follow the yet-to-ship Vista: "Vienna."
After much debate and a lot of contention among the overall IEEE membership, the all-important IEEE 802.11n working group has given its stamp of approval to the next draft version of the specification.
As far back as 2003, Microsoft considered introducing its own rival to the iPod or seeking a partnership with Apple, according to evidence introduced Friday at a Microsoft antitrust trial in Iowa.
MySpace.com has filed a lawsuit against the self-proclaimed "Spam King" for allegedly blasting the portal with spam through the use of compromised user accounts, the Web site said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCIT IT Project Management Support - data migration, SAP xECMNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT