3G femtocells, which promise to deliver indoor coverage and cheap service for 3G networks, are a step closer, thanks to a base station built using chips designed for mass-market handsets.
In the first half of 2007, corporate venture-capital groups -- those that are part of a larger corporation, not a private firm -- invested in start-up companies at levels rivaling those reached in 2001.
Hewlett-Packard says it's delaying the release of its HP MediaSmart Home Server by possibly months to give Microsoft more time to fix and make small improvements to the Windows Home Server operating system.
The world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, which assembles gadgets from Apple iPods to Sony PlayStation 3 consoles and Nokia handsets, became the latest company to announce a high tech investment in Vietnam, with plans to spend a massive ...
Last week, it was a webcam flaw in Yahoo Messenger that could leave you vulnerable to attack if you clicked a link to a malicious video conversation invitation. Now, researchers have found a similar hole in Microsoft's MSN Messenger.
US government antitrust regulators have asked Intel and STMicroelectronics NV to provide more information about their plan to spin off their flash memory unit into a new company, the vendors said Thursday.
Supporters of the Blu-ray Disc format came to Berlin armed with key announcements to underscore their commitment to the next-generation movie disc.
As it trumpeted news of Vista SP1's scheduled release Wednesday, Microsoft Corp. also quietly said it would delay Windows Server 2008, the next version of its server operating system.
IBM announced an upgraded version of its blade server based on the Cell processor on Wednesday, adding memory and data throughput for better performance on high-end applications such as graphics and finance.
Just two weeks after revealing that some employees had falsified corporate revenue to meet earnings targets, Dell reported a profit of US$733 million (AU$897.8 million) for its fiscal 2008 second quarter, up 46 percent from its mark of US$502 million...
Sun Microsystems has ambitious plans for the commercial and open-source versions of its Solaris operating system, hoping to achieve for Solaris the kind of ubiquity already enjoyed by Java. To come close to reaching that goal, Sun needs to reach out ...
By 2012, Linux will be running on nearly 31 percent of all smart devices, thanks to a growth rate faster than Windows Mobile and Symbian, according to predictions from a research firm.
U.S. companies trying to figure out how to deal with the proliferating use at work of social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace and Bebo may want to check the advice released Thursday by Britain's Trades Union Congress (TUC).
Advanced Micro Devices wants developers to start thinking about how they can speed up their software using new instructions that will appear in the company's processors from 2009. The additions could simplify the way developers code the iterative cal...
Take home a Crucial® MX300 Solid State Drive this holiday season. Enter our competition today. *Terms & Conditions Apply
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSystems Engineer -SOE/VDIACT
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsVIC
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Payment Systems Project)QLD
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramNSW