Local software company Once:technologies has released what it claims is the first browser-based Web 2.0 development platform as an open source project.
Microsoft is developing a new research group intended to quickly develop new search and advertising technologies and rapidly deliver them to advertisers and customers.
Adobe is now shipping the ColdFusion 8 application development platform, offering faster performance and basic linkages to Adobe's AIR (Adobe Integrated Runtime) technology.
The HD DVD high-definition movie format may have the lead in the U.S. porn industry, but Japanese adult film makers have turned decisively to Blu-ray Disc, breathing new life into its bid to replace DVDs as the disc of choice for home movies.
A U.S. district court judge has ruled that eBay Inc. can continue to use its "buy it now" feature even though a patent infringement ruling against the feature continues to stand.
The move towards Web 2.0 technologies may well be another race between functionality and security, and for now at least, security seems to be at the tail end.
Two substantial collections of Windows Vista hotfixes leaked to the Internet after being offered to Windows Server 2008 beta testers this weekend, leading some users to speculate that the pair are actually the foundation of the future Service Pack 1 ...
Google Inc.'s Analytics service stopped delivering data to users on Saturday, another in a series of recent performance and availability problems affecting this popular Web site traffic-monitoring service.
A security tool that identifies botnets and blocks attacks from these zombie networks is being made available by Trend Micro online in the software-as-a-service model.
The Internet regulation body, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), is asking for the public's input as it revises its accreditation process for registrars, the companies that register and sell domain names.
On-demand sales and marketing services startup Genius.com is releasing a new product, Genius Team, to enable sales managers to assess how effectively their staff are using e-mail to target prospective customers.
Due to the waning popularity of Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment (PATA) technology in favour of the newer and speedier Serial ATA-based disk drives, Seagate has acknowledged plans to stop building the older products.
A security feature in the 64-bit version of Windows Vista can be easily circumvented with a free utility that loads unsigned drivers into the kernel, according to researchers at Symantec.
German chip maker, Infineon Technologies, failed to stem losses in its fiscal third quarter largely due to the poor performance of its memory chip spin-off Qimonda.
Four years after it bought Linksys, Cisco has finally decided to kill the well-known brand name.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
- Renewable energy represented more than half of all new power capacity in '15
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- CCIT Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - UNIX/LinuxVIC
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- FTFront End Developer / UXNSW