Oracle's illegal download lawsuit against rival SAP will move finally to trial on February 9, 2009 - almost two years after the suit was initially filed.
Adobe has announced two upgrades to its consumer digital photo and video software -- Photoshop Elements 6 for Windows and Premiere Elements 4 for Windows.
At the Apple Expo 2007 in Paris, Iomega introduced new drives aimed squarely at the Mac users. The two new drives complement Iomega's existing UltraMax Mac drives pre-formatted for the Mac OS's HFS+ file system. The new models add 500 and 750GB capac...
WabiSabi Labi, a Swiss start-up that caused a stir with the creation of an eBay-like marketplace for software vulnerabilities, plans to offer an intrusion-detection system and will open up its auction site to a wider range of intellectual property, a...
India's PC market grew by more than 22 percent in the quarter ended June 30 compared to the same quarter last year, with Hewlett-Packard the market leader in all segments, according to data released this week by research firm IDC (India). The total n...
A vulnerability in Ask.com's toolbar for Internet Explorer could allow an attacker to take control of a person's computer, according to security advisories.
Programmers who wrote free software that unlocks Apple's iPhone have disputed the company's claim that their hacks can damage the device and promised to battle any attempt by Apple to "brick" modified phones.
A critical flaw in the way that the AOL's instant messaging client displays Web-based graphics could be exploited by criminals to create a self-copying worm attack, security researchers are warning.
Sun Microsystems will begin expanding this week its line of x86-based servers to include rack-mounted systems based on Intel processors -- an announcement that comes eight months after Sun and Intel signed a joint development agreement.
Less than a week after CEO Steve Jobs said that Apple would fight hacks that unlocked the iPhone, the company said any modification, unlocks included, voids the phone's warranty.
Broadcom has put 802.11n wireless networking fast Wi-Fi on a single chip, which could make fast Wi-Fi cheaper in the New Year.
Motorola said it will demonstrate a desktop WiMax device focused on consumers and small office users at WiMax World in Chicago this week . The device will be sold to various carriers the Northern autumn for eventual resale.
Carnegie Mellon University is planning to enter and win the US$20 million first prize offered by Google and the X Prize Foundation for landing and operating a robot on the moon by 2012.
Monsoon Multimedia and the Software Freedom Law Center are discussing a settlement regarding Monsoon's open-source licensing violation, but a deal isn't certain.
The groundwork is being laid for a risky experiment in consumer electronics as manufacturers prepare for US carriers Sprint Nextel and Clearwire's Xohm WiMax services.
In recent years there have been fundamental shifts in how digital documents are handled, and now the expectation is that people will be able to do much more with them.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPProject Services OpportunitiesSA
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- CCChange Manager - O365 Upgrade ProjectQLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD