Acer was revealed on Wednesday as the new naming rights holder of the Sydney SuperDome. The venue will now be called the Acer Arena.
The broad availability of the Windows Vista client OS has been pushed back to next year, Microsoft Co-President of the Platform and Services Division Jim Allchin announced Tuesday.
Microsoft is readying an update to Internet Explorer following the recent discovery of two unpatched IE vulnerabilities, including one bug that could allow attackers to seize control of a victim's PC.
Microsoft is designing a new handheld gaming device that can also play music and video in a potential challenge to market leaders Sony, Nintendo and Apple, according to published reports.
The Internet industry has rejected a plan announced yesterday by the Labor opposition to block violent and pornographic Web sites.
With enterprise application development largely dividing into two camps -- the Java-derived Eclipse faction on one side and Microsoft's .Net on the other -- it would seem that Java founder Sun Microsystems would align itself with the Eclipse Foundati...
A Dutch Web developer has discovered a vulnerability in Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) 6 Web browser that could allow a PC to be taken over after a user is lured to a malicious Web site.
Developers at the Mozilla Foundation are readying the first alpha version of the Firefox 2 open-source browser, and could release it as early as Tuesday. The release includes a new "Places" feature intended to make it easier to find and return to rec...
Google has launched a financial news and information Web site called Google Finance that will be in direct competition with well-established ones such as Yahoo's Yahoo Finance and Microsoft's MSN Money.
The French National Assembly approved a digital copyright bill on Tuesday that will require DRM (digital rights management) developers to reveal details of their technology to rivals that wish to build interoperable systems. The bill could affect the...
Developers have an opportunity to derive revenue from developing mini-applications, called Gadgets, for Microsoft's Windows Vista OS, a company executive said at MIX 06 Tuesday.
Hutchison Whampoa's 3 Group has signed a deal to make Microsoft's MSN Messenger and Hotmail services available to its 3G (third-generation) mobile subscribers in several countries, the company said in a statement.
Red Hat has released the latest version of its Fedora Core Linux community distribution with new desktop applications, security capabilities and virtualization technologies.
Labor announced on Tuesday it will force Internet service providers (ISPs) to block violent and pornographic material.
A faulty update to Symantec's Norton security software began booting thousands of users off their AOL internet connections last week, Symantec has admitted.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCIteration Manager/ Sprint Manager- PenrithNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW