Due to internal technical problems at Microsoft, many MSN Messenger and Hotmail users, as well as some MSN Internet Access customers, were unable to connect to those services for about eight hours Friday.
IBM has launched new versions of its Intel-based servers for small and medium-sized businesses. Based on the Pentium 4 processor, the xSeries 206 and 306 servers represent IBM's latest attempt to target smaller customers.
Telstra has sent a submission to the ACCC in response to a consultation notice that cautioned the telco for acting anti-competitively when it released a range of broadband plans cheaper than what it offered its wholesale customers.
'Drop-off' stores for eBay auction goods are set to spread across Australia, with the first expected to open by the end of June.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Inc. has launched a new 3.5-inch hard disk drive with a capacity of 400GB, higher than any other drive in this class, the company announced Wednesday. The drive has been designed for audio/video applications, and p...
Kazaa owner Sharman Networks is continuing its bid to have an order against it dropped by the Federal court. The company lodged an application on Thursday asking for leave to appeal on a ruling made last week.
IT buyers hoping for a price cut for sexy, slimline, flat-screen LCD monitors look set to wait another 18 months as supplies of 15in LCD monitors run short and OEM vendors scramble to pick up over-priced crumbs from LCD panel manufacturers' factories...
The House of Representatives has again passed legislation that allows the Federal Government to sell its share of, and subsequently privatise, Telstra.
Microsoft Australia made its foray into the small-business CRM market this week with software aimed at making service and sales professionals in SMEs and divisions of large companies more productive.
Four major U.S. Internet service providers (ISPs) are suing more than 220 alleged spammers responsible for sending out hundreds of millions of pieces of unsolicited commercial e-mail, the companies announced Wednesday.
In an effort to help its large-scale customers conserve bandwidth and speed up the delivery of online music, Napster is using open standards technology from IBM as part of a cache-management system, the company announced Wednesday.
The Eastman Kodak Co. filed suit Monday against Sony Corp. and several of its subsidiaries, charging Sony with violating Kodak patents on digital and video camera technologies.
Despite expectations that worldwide PC shipments over the next two years won't be able to match figures for 2003, the forecast is still one of double-digit growth through 2005, market research firm IDC said Wednesday in its Quarterly PC Tracker estim...
Intel Corp. will not have a wireless chip that supports the security protocol mandated by the Chinese government ready for PC manufacturers in time for a June 1 deadline, an Intel spokesman said Wednesday.
Users of MSN Messenger 6.0 and 6.1 would be well advised to download the patches in Microsoft Corp.'s latest security bulletin. This month's vulnerabilities includes one that allows snoopers to access your hard drive when you visit the same chat room...
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Dell XPS 13 laptop (early 2015 model)
- 2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compact camera
- 3 HP Stream 8 tablet with Windows 8.1
- 4 Samsung Gear VR virtual reality headset
- 5 Alienware 13 gaming laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
- EPIC appeals to court for FAA drone privacy rules
- Verizon subscribers can now opt out of 'supercookies'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW