A lawsuit that sought to establish as illegal several core functions of Google's search engine has been dismissed, a boost to the company as it defends itself against similar allegations in other cases.
Security researchers said Mac users should take note of a Mac OS X patch update released on Friday -- the third patch for the operating system this month.
Does your antispyware software really work? With security experts warning of "rogue" antispyware products that sometimes do more harm than good, two security researchers have decided to take matters into their own hands.
The competition to persuade Windows XP to boot on an Intel-based Mac, something Apple hasn't expressly disabled but certainly has not made easy, has been won by a pair of anonymous Californians.
This week Microsoft will host MIX 06 in Las Vegas, its first-ever show for developers and designers of the new era of distributed computing, in which the Internet is used as a platform for new applications and services.
The fight against invasive software will take a step forward this week as the Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT) and the Google-backed Stopbadware Coalition will release two separate reports that state the names of undesirable software program...
In a highly anticipated decision, a federal judge ruled Friday that Google has to provide the U.S. government with information about its search engine's index. The case highlights the tension between online user privacy and law-enforcement needs.
Launch timing for the HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc optical disc formats became clearer on Friday with the disclosure by two companies of their initial sales plans.
Saint Patrick's Day was the lucky day for developers awaiting Microsoft's ALM (application lifecycle management) server.
Australian consumers are feeling insecure when it comes to internet security concerns and practices according to a survey conducted on behalf of Symantec.
"Please do not adjust your television, transmission will not resume as normal," announced Intel general manager, Philip Cronin at the Australian launch of the company's new digital entertainment platform, Viiv.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), which manages the Internet domain-name system (DNS), this week announced plans to test a system of internationalized domain names.
Motorola is making life a little easier for Chinese executives. The company's latest smart phone, the Ming, packs a 2-megapixel camera that doubles as a business card scanner.
Microsoft plans to announce details of its Internet communications plans for Windows Live on Wednesday at the Spring 2006 VON Conference & Expo in San Jose, Calif., the company said in a statement.
Sony Computer Entertainment Wednesday outlined new software and hardware features that it plans to add to its PlayStation Portable (PSP) during 2005.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
- Australian businesses need to accept higher rotation of millennials: Kronos
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC