Forget what your spouse looks like? Having trouble remembering you're married? There might be a good reason for that: 65 percent of PC users spend more time in front of their monitors than interfacing with their spouses.
Malicious software that was sent out in millions of spam messages over the weekend has now infected about 300,000 computers, making it the worst malware outbreak since 2005, Symantec said Monday.
A group of independent record labels behind artists such as The White Stripes and The Arctic Monkeys have joined to form Merlin, an agency that will sell music on sites such as MySpace, YouTube and the new advertising-funded SpiralFrog.
Consumer groups in Germany, France, Norway and Finland have joined forces to step up pressure on Apple to loosen the tight ties between its iTunes online music store and iPod music player.
Parallels, which makes Parallels Desktop for Mac software, acknowledged Monday that it is owned by SWSoft after a report in Fortune magazine broke news of the relationship between the companies.
Microsoft, taking its annual dig at rival IBM/Lotus, announced Monday a set of free tools it plans to ship in February to help customers migrate from Notes/Domino.
Cisco Systems plans to resolve a single license compliance issue regarding the use of Linux in one of its iPhones, the company wrote in a blog posting, but a researcher contends that Cisco has more work to do.
Google has removed a few user names and passwords posted inadvertently to a phishing blacklist it compiles and makes publicly available on the Web, the company said Monday.
Imagini Research is offering a novel way to find new friends that see things the same way you do.
A 31-year-old Pennsylvania man who allegedly ran a home-based online business selling pirated copies of software, music and movies was arrested Friday following an undercover operation by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) and the Busin...
Adesso Systems this week released a free client application that lets users quickly and easily share and update the information they use every day, such as documents, PDF files, spreadsheets, photos and video clips.
The Apple iPhone announced earlier this month should pay off handsomely for the company with over 50 percent gross margins for each version of the music-enabled smart phone, according to market researcher iSuppli.
Microsoft is working with the International Centre for Missing & Exploited Children (ICMEC) and the international police force Interpol to help fight online child abuse in India.
Sony said it will not work with the adult film industry to help put their movies on its Blu-ray Disc format, although it will not try to stop them completely.
MySpace.com is facing pressure after a new round of lawsuits filed on Thursday that allege it failed to protect minors, and experts say the cases will enter murky legal territory.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD