Microsoft has said it would limit support for three versions of the Windows Vista operating system, including its most expensive, to five years rather than the usual 10 years.
Microsoft Tuesday released yet another statement responding to an attack from VMware that criticized the software giant for licensing and technological restraints imposed within its virtualization technology.
Sony is aggressively promoting high-definition televisions (HDTVs) to consumers and soon it will have a range of digital still cameras to match.
IAnywhere Solutions is adding an instant messaging (IM) component to Information Anywhere Suite, a set of products for managing applications on PDAs and other wireless devices.
Microsoft will start to give some customers the benefit of the doubt with an updated version of its software antipiracy tool, Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications.
AMD has announced the availability of its 690 chipset, the company's first integrated chipset for AMD processors that includes the ATI Radeon X1250 graphics processor.
A Japanese university announced scientists there have developed a new technology that uses bacteria DNA as a medium for storing data long-term, even for thousands of years.
IBM and Google have unveiled a new portlet software that will allow WebSphere portal users to integrate more than 4,000 Google Gadget services and utilities into the portal.
Windows Vista delivers on some of the security improvements Microsoft promised for it, but there are still a host of ways attackers can exploit the OS and leave users open to threats, according to findings by Symantec.
Voice and data provider, Telarus, has created a new wireless design and audit service for SMEs.
In a paper he plans to discuss Wednesday at the Black Hat DC 2007 conference, noted database security researcher David Litchfield is expected to outline a new attack method against Oracle databases that boosts the danger to unpatched systems.
Apple, long a ghost in the corporate-infrastructure mainstream, is beginning to cast a shadow as IT departments discover Mac platforms that are being transformed into realistic alternatives to Windows and Linux.
Eastman Kodak has come up with an idea that some may find difficult to swallow--an edible radio frequency identification (RFID) tag.
A new version of the Storm e-mail virus is populating blogs and online bulletin boards with links directing people to a Web site that is propagating the worm, representing a new mode of attack for hackers seeking financial gain, according to a securi...
The former legal counsel for McAfee is facing federal charges of improperly backdating stock options at the security software company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More than half the world is still offline
- AMD mulls a CPU+GPU super-chip in a server reboot
- This Tinder scam promises to verify your account, but actually sells porn
- EU dual-use tech ban plan could classify smartphones as weapons
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- CCMicrosoft Business Intelligence (BI) ConsultantNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW