After teasing the public for a while, Dell on Friday revealed an all-in-one computer that combines the monitor and CPU in one box.
Users won't be booting up Vista PCs any time soon, according to a recent survey, which revealed a majority of IT professionals worry that migrating to Vista will reduce stability and introduce too much complexity into their environments.
Nortel Networks and IBM are providing a software toolkit and other products that would let companies provide Web services using unified communications equipment. The manufacturers are initially targeting the retail and health-care sectors but will al...
Linux has already permanently changed the enterprise desktop landscape, and is set to grow further, according to a new report from Forrester Research.
An update issued by Apple yesterday appears to have solved most of the screen freezing problems iMac users have been reporting since August, according to messages posted on support forums.
When Danny Sabbah became general manager of IBM's Rational division in 2005, he set out to make changes in the organization. Sabbah said Friday that this transformation is well under way.
A VMWare official on Friday scoffed at Oracle's contention that its recent entry into the virtualization market performs better than "the existing leader server virtualization product."
With Advanced Micro Devices on thin ice with severe pressure from chip rival Intel and four consecutive quarterly net losses, the cash infusion by an Abu Dhabi government investment arm could help the struggling chip maker remain competitive.
Enterprises hoping to maintain tight control over future adoption of mobile technologies should open their minds and embrace the notion that consumer devices will continue to filter their way into the workplace, whether they like it or not, according...
Storm, the botnet-building Trojan horse, has come up with another twist to dupe users into infecting their PCs with malware, a security researcher said last week.
Yet another sophisticated Web-based attack against eBay and its users is being investigated by a Tel Aviv-based security vendor that discovered a similar attack two months ago involving a custom-made bot designed to steal accounts.
A rash of hypervisor virtualization announcements recently from Microsoft, Oracle and Sun signal the game is on to beat down leader VMware and jump in the corporate virtualization revolution.
Sun and a consortium of other businesses are going to lower Blackbox self-contained computing facilities into a Japanese coal mine to set up an underground data center, using up to 50 percent less power than a ground-level data center.
If you're dreading making the trek to crowded malls this holiday season, but you're not a big fan of the static Internet shopping experience, Brookstone is offering a compromise -- a 3-D virtual store that it say looks just like its physical stores.
Mobile VoIP is set to grow, but it will run over the 3G data provided by cellular handsets, rather than over Wi-Fi, according to a research report from Disruptive Analysis, which predicts 250 million users of 3G VoIP by 2012, compared with less than ...
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- BlackBerry KeyOne to launch in US and Canada in late May
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
- Ransomware attacks are taking a greater toll on victims’ wallets
- How HP reclaimed the title of world's top PC maker from Lenovo
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- CCChange AnalystACT