Adobe Systems has reached a definitive agreement to acquire Macromedia for US$3.4 billion in stock, the company said Monday.
Samsung Electronics is planning to enter the competitive miniature hard-disk drive market later this year, according to an executive at its semiconductor unit.
An industry analyst has claimed a maturing digital lifestyle market will result in new product bundling next year.
Taiwan has expelled journalists from two Chinese news agencies and won't consider letting them return until China lifts a ban on the Web sites of two major newspapers from the island, an official said Friday.
Samsung Electronics saw sales and profits drop in the first three months of 2005 due to a glut of memory chips and flat-panel displays, the company said Friday.
Four people have been arrested in New York on suspicion of distributing video game consoles that include pirated Nintendo gaming software, the Japanese company said Friday.
Toshiba plans to bring color 3D displays to video game arcades late next year -- and there'll be no need to don special goggles. The company will market the wide-angle 3D displays for video arcades in the second half of 2006, and extend the technolog...
Tough market conditions and fewer new product launches have helped drive down first-quarter profit at mobile phone maker Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications.
A serious security threat faces enterprise from the invasion of easily-concealed USB keys, music players, and portable hard drives.
Reuters Group was able to bring its instant messaging (IM) system back online early on Friday morning, after an outbreak of the Kelvir worm led the company to shut down the system for most of Thursday.
Symantec CEO John Thompson said this week that soon after his company merges with Veritas Software, customers can expect to see a new consumer-grade data backup and recovery product -- something Veritas dropped four years ago.
Like airborne viruses, instant messaging worms are fledglings, but very much on the rise. These new worms are also proving that once inside a corporate network they can be just as destructive, if not more so, than traditional e-mail attacks.
The security and privacy of papal elections has been of concern since cardinals were first locked up in conclave ("cum clave" is Latin for "with a key") in the 13th century, but the technical challenge of ensuring the confidentiality of their deliber...
Intel's first dual-core processor will be available this week from PC vendors such as Dell, Alienware and a few others, an Intel spokeswoman said Friday.
Microsoft offered an early peek at Longhorn's file navigation and search capabilities last week -- and fired a shot across the bow of the emerging desktop search tool vendors.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW