Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. (MEI) will cover the direct costs of a battery recall affecting 46 million Nokia mobile phones, which could be as high as US$172 million (AU$209 million).
There are many ways vulnerability information can get out to the industry but a controversial new site, auctioning such information to the highest bidder, may be the wave of the future.
A technical committee in India unanimously rejected Microsoft's Office Open XML file format as a standard, ahead of a vote on Sept. 2 by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) on whether to approve Open XML as an international stand...
The phishing attacks and Trojan infections that rely on personal information stolen from Monster.com to dupe recipients have been going on for weeks, perhaps months, according to reports by security researchers.
Business users of open source software should review their open-source licensing agreements, audit their use, and create formal policies for managing source code, especially mixed-source code.
An old worm known as Slammer, which originated back in January 2003, is still going strong according to Gunter Ollmann, director of security strategy at IBM's Internet Security Systems (IBM ISS).
IBM's Rational Software unit is considering putting parts of its Jazz collaboration framework into open source, according to an executive of the company.
Google has promised to give content makers control over advertisements overlaid on video clips they post to its YouTube video sharing Web site.
Two claims of unlocking Apple's iPhone have surfaced in recent days.
Is the fight against spam horribly misguided?
Skype has launched a package for small businesses in Europe that bundles up the company's software with call credits and subscriptions for multiple users.
Reporters Without Borders criticized the Chinese government for what the press advocacy group considers a move to end anonymous blogging in the communist country.
Via Technologies has developed a processor that consumes a maximum of 1 watt of power and is intended for use in mobile devices and embedded applications.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has released a warning of a scam email that purports to be from the 'Australian Office of Fair Trading', but carries a potentially dangerous payload.
Six months after U.S. regulators capped royalties that vendors must pay to Rambus, the European Union (EU) is taking a close look at the company's monopoly on the DRAM (dynamic RAM) chip market.
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.VIC
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager - Procurement System ImplementationNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Finance - CBDNSW