Google and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) on Tuesday went before a judge who has to decide whether the search engine operator needs to comply with a government subpoena requiring it to turn over search usage records.
Criminals appear to have hacked a Chinese bank's server and are using it to host phishing sites to steal personal data from customers of eBay and a major U.S. bank., according to Internet services company Netcraft.
Internet telephony over mobile phones is on the way but don't expect many commercial offerings until operators have made a key network technology enhancement, probably toward the end of 2007 or later in most parts of the world, according to a senior ...
The heavyweight category doesn't just pertain to boxers anymore--it now applies to notebooks. The Envy Heavyweight u:909, a new behemoth of a laptop from VoodooPC, has a 19-inch screen, and weighs in at 16 pounds.
Sony Ericsson introduced the Memory Stick Micro or M2 at CeBIT. It measures 0.6 by 0.5 inch and is 0.05 inch thick (or should that be thin?).
Samsung Electronics has begun mass production of 512M-bit DDR (double data rate 2) DRAM (dynamic RAM) chips using an 80-nanometer production process.
Security company, EEye has warned of two serious bugs in Apple media software, putting both Windows and Mac OS X systems at risk.
McAfee's virus-scanning products wreaked havoc on corporate and consumer systems on Friday, after a buggy virus definition file triggered the quarantine or deletion of a long list of executable files -- including Microsoft Excel.
To office workers trudging to their cubicles, the promotion looked like a chance at sweet relief from the five-day-a-week grind.
Integration is a word many companies don't want to hear.
Security vendors are charging that Microsoft's pending antivirus product and upgrades to its next-generation operating system, Windows Vista, won't be enough to guard against rising threats from viruses and criminal malware.
The buzz about high-definition movies on optical discs might be all about HD-DVD and Blu-ray Disc, but two companies demonstrated at the Cebit trade show last week a system that delivers HD movies on DVD-like discs for use in cheap players.
Internet users are about to get a new tool in the fight against spam and fraudulent e-mail. On Monday, security vendor CipherTrust plans to release what it's billing as the first "reputation toolbar" for e-mail clients.
Via Technologies is a company that takes pride in bursting illusions, such as the idea the new ultramobile PCs would only come equipped with Intel microprocessors. Instead, it appears that any x86-based processor will do.
Toshiba and Canon are planning to launch their first televisions in 2007 based on a new flat-panel display technology called SED (surface-conduction electron-emitter display), they said last week.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTIT Cyber Security Requirements ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Performance Test AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW