IT contractors value the lifestyle benefits that freelance work offers above the financial rewards, new research has found.
A major upgrade to Gmail is getting the thumbs down from users who complain that the new version is extremely slow, often fails to load pages and even crashes their browsers.
Google could be heading for a showdown with Sun over the way Android, Google's new mobile phone software platform, handles Java.
Singapore banned the release of Mass Effect on Xbox 360 because it contains "lesbian intimacy" between a woman and female alien, state officials said on Thursday.
Google is making the necessary preparations to bid for wireless spectrum in an auction be held in the US in January -- but it will likely need a carrier partner to help build a network to use it, analysts said Friday.
Melbourne will be the hub of gaming this weekend as the eGames and Entertainment expo kicks off.
Startup Nantero has built a carbon nanotube-based memory wafer using standard semiconductor fabrication processes. This removes a significant hurdle in commercializing the seemingly exotic NRAM (non-volatile RAM) that could replace DRAM, SRAM and fla...
After conceding a month to Xbox 360 in September, Nintendo's plucky Wii regains the top spot as the most widely purchased console in America.
Many analysts consider Web application vulnerabilities to be among the biggest security threats facing companies these days. A lot of attention has been paid to understanding risks such as input-validation flaws, cross-site scripting errors and other...
In its "Top Ten Security Predictions for 2008," McAfee foresees the growth of virtualization opening up a huge attack surface. On the good-news side, the security vendor expects there will be less adware on the Internet to worry about. McAfee's list ...
You're in for a nasty surprise if you think mobile broadband devices will be free of the security problems that long have plagued PCs, said a panel of security experts at this week's Mobile Internet World conference.
A lawsuit filed this week in a California Superior Court alleges that Comcast intentionally interferes with Internet file sharing and blocks or slows some applications to a "mere crawl."
In a strange case of how something simple can result in a big IT contract change, a local enterprise has switched from Telstra to Optus because of the Big T's refusal to support caller ID for international originating calls, in addition to cost.
Open source enterprise content management company Alfresco has integrated its application with the social networking site to enable its users to communicate more effectively with customers and partners. Alfresco claimed that it was the first Facebook...
Apple today issued the first update for Leopard, its three-week-old operating system. The update fixes a wide range of out-the-gate bugs and patch three security vulnerabilities.
A printer that ticks all the boxes to help small businesses run productively
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Google becomes first foreign internet company to launch service in Cuba
- German court upholds WhatsApp-Facebook data transfer ban
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- CCEngineer/Developer - Splunk - TelcoVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerNSW
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior ERP Project ManagerQLD
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD