A major spam outbreak hit the Internet Wednesday causing the stock it was pumping to jump significantly in trading volume, according to communications security company IronPort.
Microsoft and IBM executives Wednesday admitted feeling heat from Google now that the Web search giant is trying to make inroads into the enterprise market with its hosted suite of communication and collaboration tools.
Nvidia, known for graphics processors designed for video gaming, is expanding into the market for high-performance computing processors.
While Novell's partnership with Microsoft remains the subject of controversy, the NetWare-cum-Linux vendor is still pushing out Linux and open source products aimed at taking market share away from its patent-protection partner.
Reorganization reflects the growing importance of Nokia's multimedia and Internet-enabled devices businesses.
Windows users were at risk for in-the-wild vulnerabilities fewer days on average last year than users of rival operating systems from Apple, Novell, Red Hat and Sun, a Microsoft executive claimed.
New technical details about Apple's iPhone, leaked to the Web by a University of Washington technology group but since yanked from the school's site, confirmed that the device will not support Adobe's Flash, will rely on QuickTime to display audio an...
Bad news for environmentally conscious people who want an iPhone: Apple is near the bottom of a new list that rates companies based on their efforts to stop climate change.
French government members and their advisors have been told not to use BlackBerry smartphones, for national security reasons. The ban on BlackBerry devices is just one of the IT challenges facing new National Assembly members as they take their seats...
Level3 announced on Wednesday that it has completed construction of Internet2's new 100Gbps backbone network.
Online criminals looking for new areas to attack in the next few years will find green fields in the Internet infrastructure and the digital home, researchers with McAfee's AVERT labs said this week.
Microsoft will change how desktop search works in its Vista operating system by the end of the year, in response to an antitrust complaint by rival, Google, the company said in court documents released late Tuesday.
Everyone knows how big a problem receiving spam has become for many companies, but another growing problem is the amount of spam companies are unwittingly sending out
McAfee has released beta version of its next-generation Total Protection 2.0 consumer security software.
ThinkFree added offline support to its online application suite Tuesday and launched it as a US$7-a-month alternative to Microsoft Office.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Meet Apache Spot, a new open source project for cybersecurity
- Plat.One acquisition marks start of $2B IoT investment plan for SAP
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
- NBN ditches Optus HFC for FTTdp
- Oracle denied new trial in copyright dispute with Google over Java
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC