The question that Michael Dell, the CEO and chairman of the company that bears his name, was asked twice by a Gartner analyst was also one of the most direct sent his way. Is the PC business, Dell's core business, "at risk?"
Amazon this week unveiled a new service level agreement (SLA) that it said guarantees that customers using its hosted Simple Storage Service (S3) will receive at least 99.9 percent uptime each month.
By developing a version of its open source desktop Firefox Web browser to run on mobile devices, Mozilla hopes to break the hold some handset makers and carriers have on what mobile applications consumers can use, an executive of the company says.
After several months of claiming that fixing a critical flaw was not its job, Microsoft reversed direction yesterday and acknowledged a bug in Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 that could let attackers hijack machines.
Online auction house eBay has added new social networking communities to its site in an effort to provide new ways to connect buyers and sellers.
Security researchers spotted an attack this week that exploits a vulnerability in Microsoft Word patched just days before.
If you've ever wanted to travel to Paris, but just never got around to it, you can now use the Google Earth software tool and watch a sunset filmed from the top floor of the Eiffel Tower, or view video clips of other popular spots in the City of Ligh...
Given a level playing field, can anyone unseat Microsoft as the king of productivity applications? This is just one of many questions numerous companies, from Google to IBM to Sun, are trying to answer as they cram more and more capabilities into riv...
Trend Micro has released it's 2008 Internet security suite, comprising three separate offerings aimed at various levels of Internet usage.
ADSL broadband will be switched on in 211 regional exchanges under a fund allocation from the government's $163 million Australian Broadband Guarantee.
Storage virtualisation vendor, DataCore, has undertaken a local channel revamp.
Trading of shares in Sony Financial Holdings, the financial arm of Sony, began on the Tokyo Stock Exchange on Thursday morning as the company completed Japan's largest initial public offering of the year to-date.
Australia's MIPI (Music Industry Piracy Investigations) is pressuring local ISPs to shut down customers illegally downloading music following the successful trial of a woman in the US by the RIAA for music sharing which resulted in a $US220,000 ($AU2...
A new service has been launched, called PocketSchool, which helps busy people learn a new language without needing to take the time to sit down with a textbook or CD.
Makers of 10G Ethernet products came away from a recent University of New Hampshire Interoperability Lab plug fest with results they think will boost acceptance of the technology in corporate networks.
Does your laptop environment live up to expectations? Read a user’s experience and discovery.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Freebies from Reliance Jio hasten Indian mobile consolidation
- Samsung starts production of new 10-nm Exynos 9 Series chip
- Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
- Brocade's Ruckus Wi-Fi business finds a buyer
- A hard drive's LED light can be used to covertly leak data
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- CCData Analyst - SAS - Immediate Start RequiredNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP Developer - Focus on Front EndQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)WA
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- FTIMO Change Manager - EclipseNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCWindows AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW