The working group for the emerging IEEE 802.20 mobile broadband standard, which was suspended last year after a fight over members' real company affiliations, has changed its voting rules.
Google's plans to shorten the life-span of cookies installed on a user's computer, ostensibly to improve user privacy, is being dismissed by some as complete hype.
An Internet Explorer (IE) program manager and the head of Mozilla's security added their voices to the browser blame game Wednesday, each saying that the other's application is at fault for multiple Windows zero-day vulnerabilities.
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation planted spyware on the computer used by a Washington state teenager to finger him as the person behind a rash of bomb threats e-mailed to his high school, court documents revealed this week.
Amid problems with Microsoft's Xbox, the head of the company's interactive entertainment business has resigned.
Lenovo Group reclaimed the number three spot among PC vendors during the second quarter, pushing rival Acer back into fourth place. But Acer's exceptionally fast growth means the company is likely to overtake Lenovo as number three for the entire yea...
New Web applications such as wikis, blogs and podcasts that foster increased collaboration and communication have enjoyed a great proliferation in recent months. They have brought with them, however, a number of new security challenges with which cor...
"Ed," a retired spammer, built a considerable fortune sending e-mails that promoted pills, porn and casinos. At the peak of his power, Ed says he pulled in US$10,000 to US$15,000 a week, storing the money in US$20 bills in stacks of boxes.
Industry watchers expect to see [<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/071007-it-jobs-hot-baby-boomers-retire.html">network skills in higher demand</a>] as IT spending increases and companies look to better support wireless LANs, VOIP and IP...
PC vendors reported global shipment growth of 12.5 per cent in the second quarter, as every major vendor except Dell posted a double-digit percentage increase in unit shipments compared to the same period last year, according to a report released by ...
Microsoft announced on Tuesday that Peter Moore has officially resigned as the president of its Xbox business. The Briton will be replaced by Don Mattrick, a former EA executive.
The beef over news of a worm targeting Macs, and the identity of the researcher who claimed to have created the malware, took an even stranger turn Wednesday as death threats were allegedly posted to his or her blog, which was then reportedly hacked....
Mozilla late Tuesday patched Firefox to fix nine bugs, including the controversial critical vulnerability that involved both the open-source Web browser and Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE).
I've seen so many lousy approaches to three-dimensional Web browsing that I had pretty low expectations when I heard about SpaceTime. Surprisingly, this free public beta includes some interesting and useful ideas, though overall it's still too buggy ...
Lots of sites are in the game of online backup, for a price. But <a href="http://foreversafe.com/" target="_blank">Foreversafe</a>, launched Tuesday, goes one step beyond the typical online backup offer I've seen. The company, based in France, is pro...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC