Two network infrastructure vendors launched free management software tools at the VoiceCon show this week, with the aim of simplifying the setup of IP desktop phones and carrier VOIP services.
A security vendor is offering an add-on product for Windows Vista's User Account Control feature, which has been flagged as a threat to business users because it can be easily bypassed by hackers.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) will miss its revenue goal for the first quarter of 2007 because the chip maker grew so fast that it couldn't keep up with demand from its customers, company CEO Hector Ruiz said Monday.
Despite the turnaround Mark Hurd has engineered at Hewlett-Packard, the president, chairman and chief executive officer of the technology giant remains unsatisfied.
Facing a market glut of microprocessors and weak corporate demand for PCs running Microsoft's new Windows Vista OS, Intel hopes to stay profitable by producing new chip designs faster than its competitors, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said Monday.
A start-up company called Collaborall is offering a free online tool for sharing and editing spreadsheets created in Microsoft Excel.
Emano Tec didn't just build its new tablet computer for healthcare workers based on the ideas of a bunch of techies and business people. It got second, third and additional opinions from doctors and CIOs.
A trio of vendors are adding or extending their wireless products for location services and tracking.
Security researcher Joanna Rutkowska has demonstrated several methods that sophisticated rootkits can use to hide from even the most reliable detection method currently available -- hardware-based products that read a system's RAM.
Microsoft threatened to dump the Macintosh version of Office 10 years ago during talks with Apple because the move would "do a great deal of harm" to its rival, according to a memo made public in a recently-settled antitrust case.
Cisco Systems is continuing to buy its way into social networking, acquiring some assets of the company that operates Tribe.net while letting the site remain independent.
The unknown hacker who claimed last week that a tool he'd created could generate valid Windows Vista activation codes has admitted that the crack was cracked.
Novell posted an Open XML translator for the OpenOffice.org productivity suite today, making good on a December 2006 promise to add Microsoft Office 2007 file format capability to the open-source application bundle.
Customers are replacing disk drives at rates far higher than those suggested by the estimated mean time between failure (MTBF) supplied by drive vendors, according to a study of about 100,000 drives conducted by Carnegie Mellon University.
Users of YouTube's online video service will soon be able to view news, TV series, documentaries and other programs from the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC).
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle to buy cloud provider NetSuite for $9.3 billion
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Apple has sold 1 billion iPhones
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - IntegrationSA
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW