Although much of the speculation about new product announcements at the upcoming Macworld Conference & Expo centers around video iPods, a possible Apple mobile phone and iTV, business people have their own product wish lists.
Sharp took the wraps off the largest flat-panel TV yet developed on Sunday. The company unveiled a prototype 108-inch TV during a news conference at the International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Seagate Technology is planning to begin shipping a hard-disk drive with a 1T-byte storage capacity sometime during the first half of 2007, it said Thursday.
Getting digital video from one device to another can be a hassle, but a Massachusetts software company thinks it has the answer.
TDK will unveil prototype 8-centimeter Blu-ray Disc media at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas that kicked off on Sunday.
Victor Co. of Japan (JVC) will soon add to its Everio range of hard-disk drive camcorders with a model that can record high-definition (HD) video, it said Sunday at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
Some of the world's largest manufacturers of blank optical-disc media are using the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) that began in Las Vegas on Sunday to announce new discs for DVD, Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD.
At this week's International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Samsung Electronics Co. will unveil a double-sided LCD (liquid crystal display) panel that can show different images on each side.
LG Electronics took a big step on Sunday towards the end of the next-generation DVD format battle with the unveiling of a player and PC drive that support both the Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD formats.
Netgear may be hoping to steal some of Apple Computer's thunder by introducing on Sunday an appliance that lets users play Internet and other digital content on their TVs.
Storage vendors have had a busy start to the year, banding together to promote new flash-embedded drive technology while independently devising plans to cram more capacity into smaller disk drives.
VMware reports strong initial interest in its virtualization software designed to run on the Mac computer platform, but skeptics doubt it will improve Apple's share of the enterprise market.
Microsoft has eliminated four of eight previously announced security patches scheduled to be available to system administrators on Tuesday.
Adobe Systems will demonstrate its Production Studio software for the Macintosh operating system at the Macworld 2007 Conference and Exhibition in San Francisco January 9 to 12, the company said Thursday.
Sonic Solutions has come up with a way to help Hollywood studios and other providers of video content distribute their movies over the Internet without fear of rampant, illegal DVD burning.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW