America Online (AOL) has decided not to fully support Microsoft's Sender ID spam-fighting plan after the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and the open- source community expressed intellectual property concerns.
IBM has begun using new security hardware from National Semiconductor in its desktop PCs in an effort to fend off viruses and hackers.
Sony will start mass production of full-colour Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) displays and is considering using the technology across a wide range of the company's portable devices with screen sizes up to 10 inches (25cm) from next year.
The ongoing struggle for dominance in the branded monitor market continues to play out, with Samsung reclaiming the crown from last quarter's market leader, LG.
Internet retailer Amazon.com officially moved into the search engine market with the unveiling late Tuesday of its Internet search engine, A9.com.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST) announced the availability of 2.5-inch hard drives with capacities up to 100G bytes for notebook computers by the end of 2004, the company said on Tuesday.
Two industry heavyweights have completed interoperability tests of a new technology designed to drive the convergence of voice, data and video services over wireless and fixed infrastructure based on the Internet Protocol.
Adding to its offerings for digital imaging and video hobbyists, Adobe Systems on Wednesday announced a new video-editing package and an update to its Photoshop Elements image-editing product.
Infineon Technologies, a German manufacturer of DRAM (dynamic RAM) has agreed to plead guilty and pay a US$160 million fine for attempting to fix prices in the DRAM market, the US Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Wednesday.
The Mozilla Foundation has fixed 10 security bugs in its open-source Mozilla and Mozilla Firefox browsers and Thunderbird e-mail reader, with the release of new versions of all three products this week. Some of the vulnerabilities could allow attacke...
A man charged in one of the largest identity theft scams in US history pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy, wire fraud, and fraud in connection with identity documents Tuesday and could face up to 50 years in prison, according to a statement from...
Coldplay, Jet, The Beatles, Delta Goodrem, and even Shannon Noll featured in a list of 100 songs that record companies on Tuesday claimed were illegally made available on the Kazaa file-sharing system.
IT opposition spokeswoman Senator Kate Lundy today said the rapid growth of Australia's ICT trade deficit is a graphic symbol of the Howard Government's indifference to the local ICT industry.
The Labor opposition today launched a $69.3 million E-Australia policy aimed at getting every Australian online.
Logitech Monday introduced a new version of its digital pen, which can digitize handwritten text, featuring increased storage capacity and improved handwriting recognition capabilities, according to the company.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Intel NUC Kit (NUC5i5RYH) Mini PC
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- New query language could turn log files into business insights
- Apple acquires Metaio with a view to augmented reality
- Man charged with selling fake discount coupons on Silk Road
- This smart fabric from Google can change the music and turn off the lights
- Keep your legacy management style out of the Cloud, Intuit exec says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD