Users of Sling Media's "placeshifting" system, Slingbox, will soon be able to watch their home TVs on Palm smart phones running Palm OS, consumer laptops from Hewlett-Packard or any PC running Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system.
Hewlett-Packard announced that it is moving into the emerging home server market with its HP MediaSmart Server that will take advantage of the Microsoft Windows Home Server OS that was also announced at the 2007 CES by Bill Gates.
Microsoft has selected local employee, Tracey Fellows, as its new managing director for A/NZ. The appointment comes a month after former boss, Steve Vamos, announced he would take up a role as vice-president, international online service group in th...
The 2007 International Consumer Electronics Show is one of the ultimate tech-toy and gadget shows on the planet. There's something for nearly anyone, and while not quite a household word, Linux technology has gained rapid stature in the consumer-elec...
Motorola Chief Executive Officer Ed Zander rode onto stage Monday for his keynote speech at the International Consumer Electronics Show on a bike armed with one of the company's new products, a mobile handset battery recharger.
New movie releases, more market entrants, improved technology and 1.8 million HD DVD players from Toshiba are the weapons companies plan to use in the format battle against rival Blu-ray Disc this year, according to company executives.
Opening the control interface of its popular Roomba vacuuming robot, iRobot Corp. unveiled a programmable robotic platform on Monday that could allow computer programming students and developers to use the platform for nearly any task.
Sony is set to announce a new laptop that pumps up graphics performance by putting an unprecedented two graphics chips inside a single machine.
Nokia unveiled a slim mobile phone, a mobile phone for bloggers and an updated wireless Internet tablet with VOIP capabilities at the CES show in Las Vegas on Monday.
Nokia plans to include the mapping and routing service it acquired along with Gate5 last year in all of its converged devices, the phone giant said at the International Consumer Electronics Show on Monday.
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. will launch the latest addition to its family of ultramobile PCs on Monday, a device that uses a 32G byte solid-state flash memory-based hard drive (SSD) to store data instead of a conventional hard disc drive (HDD).
Seeking to build on its lead over rival, AMD, in the race to sell quad-core processors, Intel has launched three quad-core processors.
Microsoft's chairman, Bill Gates, has unveiled products Microsoft hopes will encourage more widespread adoption of the digital or connected home.
Propelled by the release of its Version 2.0 in October, the free Firefox Web browser saw almost a 50% increase in use during 2006, according to one Web measurement firm.
A Taiwanese manufacturer is suing Apple Computer for US$100 million after a court ruled it could continue producing a portable music player resembling Apple's iPod Shuffle.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
- Senator stalls intelligence funding bill over surveillance concerns
- Facebook takes a swing at Pinterest with Chrome extensions
- IBM just found a way to turn toxic old smartphones into medical-grade plastic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160629/AP/793Asia
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW