EBay plans to begin testing later this month a redesign of its search results pages that will contain more information for each listed item and will sport a new look and layout.
A consumer magazine has been condemned for possibly adding to the virus problem by creating a series of "test" viruses just to review antivirus scanners.
Yahoo has fixed a security vulnerability in its Yahoo Mail service that could have allowed malicious hackers to hijack accounts and harm users in a variety of ways.
Freedom and Open Source Software (FOSS) enthusiasts around the world will once again take to the streets for the third annual Software Freedom Day (SFD) on September 16th.
Dell Inc. has agreed to purchase high-performance PC vendor Alienware Corp., the two companies announced Wednesday.
Faulty batteries produced by Sony like those that caused Dell to initiate a huge recall this week could be present in laptops from other companies and other portable electronics products.
Electronics maker Philips is selling cordless telephones that can make Internet-based voice calls using either Windows Live Messenger, or Skype, as well as utilising the existing public switched telephone network.
Sony has promised to share the cost of a massive battery recall announced by Dell after a series of notebook PCs burst into flames.
Microsoft launched an international version of its free Web-based PC security and tune-up application on Monday and promised worldwide beta versions of Windows Live OneCare, the company's new consumer security product.
U.S. residents are less satisfied with search engines like Google and news Web sites like MSNBC.com, but happier with Web portals like AOL, a study from the University of Michigan and ForeSee Results has found.
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) is asking the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to force AOL to help the people whose search records it recently released.
Google plans to strengthen its Picasa photo management software and service with the acquisition of Neven Vision, a company specializing in mobile photo search.
Developers in Australia are working on a Ruby compiler that converts Ruby source code into Microsoft's Common Intermediate Language (CIL) for execution on Microsoft's .Net Framework 2.0 platform.
Issues with use of Microsoft's Visual Basic 2005 compiler in large projects have prompted the company to release a Quick Fix Engineering (QFE) update to address major problems. The compiler was released as part of Visual Studio 2005 last November.
Computer maker Dell is recalling 4.1 million laptop computer batteries because of a potential fire hazard, the company said Monday.
Whether it’s consumer or enterprise security there is one bottom line: there is no point in cutting corners when it comes to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Sky Muster gets a user guide
- Supreme Court approves rule change that expands FBI computer search powers
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public Cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC