Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has introduced low-power HE versions of its 2.2GHz Opteron model 148, 248, and 848 processors.
HP is clearing its shelves of old Media Center PCs ahead of the launch of a new generation of the systems, one of which turned up at a store owned by Circuit City Stores earlier this month.
PC shipment growth will slow a little bit more in 2005 than previously expected, as the consumer market catches its breath after the past few years, according to IDC.
Yahoo will increase the inbox capacity of its free Web mail service for the third time in the past 9 months, now raising storage to 1G byte, matching Google's Gmail and exceeding Microsoft's Hotmail.
Yahoo launched on Wednesday the first upgrade to its desktop search tool, adding the ability to index data from Yahoo's instant messenger archives stored on users' PCs and from users' address books residing on Yahoo's servers.
Enterprise management software company BMC Software is continuing its identity-management buying spree, announcing that it is buying OpenNetwork Technologies, a maker of Web access management and single sign-on technology, for US$18 million in cash.
Consumer groups' support of Kazaa met strong resistance at the closely watched Kazaa court trial on Tuesday, as the music industry claimed the peer-to-peer software was not a community interest.
Google is in the process of removing French news agency Agence France Presse (AFP) from its Google News service, which aggregates links to online articles and accompanying photos from about 4,500 news outlets.
Sun Microsystems and Microsoft are making moves to placate developers currently dissatisfied with the companies' stances on specific development issues.
Panasonic and Samsung Electronics have each launched a range of new digital music players that combine numerous functions with head-turning designs that go as far as a diamond-encrusted model.
Legend has released a new range of secure digital (SD) memory cards from its Adelaide plant and is claiming an Australian first for the local manufacture of this kind of product.
Microsoft this week gave itself more wiggle room for shipping the Visual Studio 2005 development tools and SQL Server 2005 database lineup.
After five years and millions of dollars in legal expenses, Rambus and Infineon Technologies have called a truce in their battle over the intellectual property rights to the memory technology used in most of the world's computers.
Digital cinema is coming to Ireland in a big way. A project is underway to install a digital cinema network throughout the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, with the aim of converting all its cinema screens to digital format.
Rambus and Infineon Technologies have hammered out a settlement that will end all pending lawsuits between the companies and start a licensing agreement for the use of the Rambus patent portfolio in Infineon products, the companies announced Monday.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- On your mark, get set, update! Windows 10 is here
- Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps
- Telstra TV will offer Netflix, Presto and Stan
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 camera
- Making Windows 10 was like 'ordering pizza for 1.5 billion people'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW