Intel may be getting all the press with its Intel Developer Forum, but AMD has jumped on YouTube to claim some of the air-space back.
Nokia hopped onto the convergence phone bandwagon today with its Nokia 6301 handset which can handover a live cell phone call from a carrier's cellular network to a WiFi network. The ability to initiate or receive calls using a cell phone on a WiFi n...
Lexmark has launched a new managed print service, TotalCare, designed specially for the SMB market. The offering has been made available through a new web portal - www.mylexmark.com.au
In just three years, the bytes of data generated by businesses IT systems and devices, as well as digital cameras and mobile phones, will equal the number of grains of sand on the world's beaches, so says analyst house IDC.
When the APEC summit came to Australia this year, it posed some difficult software problems for the APEC Taskforce's IT department.
Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) opened Japan's biggest computer gaming event on Thursday with a keynote speech that promised a new PlayStation 3 controller and expansion of its PlayStation 2 business, but not an anticipated price cut.
Presenters at RFID World in Boston Wednesday focused on using second-generation active and passive radio frequency identification tags to provide advanced security and authentication, as well as ways to broaden the reach of the technology.
Demand for Apple's just-launched iPod range has been high with ongoing stock shortages expected in the reseller channel.
Domain name registrar, TPP Internet, has acquired Queensland-based Google adword advertising outfit, Hot Goanna, for an undisclosed sum.
IT departments that recognize and embrace the increasing commoditization of collaboration and communication tools within the enterprise will ultimately reap productive employees, said a Google exec.
After canceling its controversial Foleo product and continuing to struggle with a shift away from the personal digital assistant market, Palm warned on Wednesday that its upcoming earnings report could be weaker than expected.
Hackers can wield malicious Windows Media Player files to exploit any unpatched Internet Explorer (IE) vulnerability on a PC -- even if the user relies on Firefox, Opera or some other Web browser, a UK security researcher said yesterday.
Negropontes' people's PC is solely aimed at schoolchildren and if they give it thumbs down the large-scale project won't succeed -- no matter what kind of conclusions experts and theoretical thinkers can come up with.
Attack code that targets Yahoo Messenger has been published on the Internet, a security researcher warned Wednesday, marking the ninth exploit aimed at the popular instant messaging software so far this year.
During the last 24 hours Computerworld in Denmark has been a member of a small and very exclusive club.
There are many types of laptops on the market these days, but few are as versatile as a Windows Convertible laptop – whether the task is media consumption or content creation.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo Wars 2 campaign preview: Polished, pretty, but not as exciting as Blitz mode
- CIA updates rules for collecting and retaining info on US people
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- TPSenior|Principal SAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC