A Danish security vendor is offering a free tool designed to inform users when their applications need patching.
Directory management vendor NetPro Monday beefed up its tool for handling Microsoft's Identity Lifecycle Manager with analytical reporting capabilities, auditing features and synchronization monitoring.
By now, everyone has heard how Microsoft plans to release the next Windows client OS, Windows 7, in 2010. But what the company is not making clear is what new features the OS will have, a topic that has become fodder for educated speculation.
Large music webcasters are claiming the recording industry is "backtracking" on its offer to compromise with them over new, higher royalty rates that went into effect in March and were to be paid on July 15.
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will defend against copyright-infringement allegations on Wednesday, when his lawyers ask a judge to dismiss a complaint filed by three former classmates of Zuckerberg who say he stole the idea for the social-networki...
MySpace has identified more than 29,000 registered sex offenders among those registered to use its site -- more than four times what the company said in May it had found from an investigation, according to North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper.
Microsoft is joining Ask.com in offering Web surfers a way to use its search engines anonymously, and the two companies are now calling on the search and online advertising industry to develop a common set of privacy practices.
A supposedly zero carbon PC is being developed by U.K. retailer PC World, featuring wood casing for keyboard, screen and mouse. Use of recycled materials and low electricity needs will reduce its carbon footprint to 85 percent of a standard PC.
Acer president Gianfranco Lanci became the first major PC manufacturer to openly attack Microsoft over the Windows Vista operating system in the Financial Times Deutschland on Monday.
One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) Monday moved a step closer to providing low-cost laptops to children in developing nations by giving the go-ahead to the mass production of its XO laptop. However, the computers are expected to be out in October, one month...
Three security researchers claimed Sunday that they have found the first exploitable vulnerability in Apple's iPhone, a flaw that allows them to steal any data from the device or even to turn it into a remote surveillance tool.
A standardized and vendor-neutral system that measures IT vulnerabilities has been updated to help IT managers prioritize their response to security potential threats.
One week after launching its online gaming portal, the Australian Defence Force Academy (ADFA) has a new media Web site hosting video podcasts of the first six weeks of its military training program.
More complex data protection and data backup requirements for consumers and small to midsize businesses will catapult the use of personal storage devices to a compound annual growth rate of more than 20 percent from 2006 to 2011, according to an IDC ...
Summer dust storms on Mars are causing problems for NASA's twin Mars exploration rovers, blotting out the sunlight they need to recharge their batteries and threatening their operations on the red planet.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Malware from Friday's DDoS attack continues to harass in short bursts
- To solve IoT security, look at the big picture, ARM says
- FCC tells ISPs to get customer permission before sharing sensitive info
- No need to shoot down drones! Many of them can now be hijacked
- Qualcomm agrees to buy NXP for over $37 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- CCDesktop SupportNSW
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- CCTivoli Access Manager DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Architect - Payment/CardsVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- FTUI UX Specialist | Technical BAQLD
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (.Net/SQL) 161027/P/vhaAsia
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperWA
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Java ProgrammerWA
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence & Federal Govt | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantSA
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW