Apple today issued the first update for Leopard, its three-week-old operating system. The update fixes a wide range of out-the-gate bugs and patch three security vulnerabilities.
In an effort to boost its managed IT services portfolio, Dell on Thursday agreed to acquire desktop services management company Everdream.
Managing virtual server environments topped the list of IT management concerns at a recent conference, while adopting best practices failed to resonate with as many respondents.
Advanced Micro Devices took a step toward delivering its next-generation Phenom processor, launching graphics cards that will work with the upcoming processor to provide better graphics.
Virtualization is one of the hottest topics in the IT industry, and for good reason. Server virtualization brings many benefits: hardware consolidation, better resource utilization, lower capital and operating expenses, and greater flexibility to mee...
The importance of high-performance computing was starkly revealed this week by some numbers released by IDC: One in four of all microprocessors shipped Thursday are being installed in HPC systems.
It has been billed by some as American Idol meets Silicon Valley -- a new contest that will award three would-be entrepreneurs venture capital and other amenities needed to launch new Web 2.0 companies.
A forum later this month seeks to shed some light on the increasingly complex area of rights protection in the digital music age.
The latest version of Microsoft's entry-level accounting program for small businesses released this week can handle accounts in Spanish and English, and integrates with more online banking services than the previous version.
Malware distributors are increasingly using "passing off" techniques to get their programs on to the PCs of UK-based users, new statistics from security vendor Webroot suggest.
Colossus, the world's first electronic computer, is up and running again.
There may be all kinds of technology issues, business plan problems and potential failures to address before the mobile Internet becomes a success. But for Tim Berners-Lee there's really only one issue.
Cisco is introducing a gateway switch that boosts the performance of applications that rely on interactions between InfiniBand-clustered servers and network-attached storage- and Fibre Channel-based storage devices.
Microsoft Wednesday released Windows Vista SP1 RC Preview to 15,000 testers as part of its private beta program.
Microsoft Tuesday shipped the first public beta of its Windows HPC Server 2008, the successor to its Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 for high-performance computing.
A fast and multi-functional printer with all the high end features. The HP OfficeJet is a fine addition to your workspace
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTProduct Manager - Machine To MachineVIC
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTSenior Security Solution Architect - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW