Optus is the true champion of broadband in Australia -- not Telstra, which found narrowband to be a "nice earner", says Optus chief executive officer Paul O'Sullivan.
IBM on Tuesday announced what company officials said is its lightest portable notebook that features the company's built-in fingerprint reader, along with new software that carries out a complete hardware check to ensure the system is working at peak...
Online computer game rentals have emerged as a very real threat to Australian video retailers following the launch of the country's first online subscription service.
JBoss on Tuesday is strengthening indemnification against intellectual property-related claims, seeking to mimic what customers have expected from rival commercial software vendors.
Fujitsu and its research arm, Fujitsu Laboratories, have developed a smaller version of their palm vein pattern authentication system that Fujitsu plans to put on sale in Japan before the end of March, the company said Monday.
In September, Microsoft plans to release Office Small Business Accounting, a new product designed to help small businesses operate better, taking on Intuit, Best Software and others.
Online brokerage Harrisdirect has launched an automated service agent that interacts with its Web site visitors through an instant messaging-like interface, fielding their typed questions and providing text answers in real time.
Beware of Web postcards bearing greetings. That's the advice from The SANS Institute's Internet Storm Center (ISC), which is warning about e-mail messages that pose as Web postcards, then direct recipients to a Web site that installs a Trojan horse p...
South Korea's LG Electronics and Japan's Matsushita Electric Industrial -- the world's top two plasma TV makers -- have agreed to end their dispute over patents related to the plasma display panels (PDPs) that go into the TVs.
IDC has attributed soaring growth across the wireless LAN (WLAN) market to a rapid adoption of broadband technology by consumers and SMEs.
MP3 players could drop in price to $50 or less, with strong demand and competition expected to drive prices down, according to an IDC market forecast.
As part of its efforts to promote Tablet PCs, Microsoft on Monday released a free Experience Pack of pen-enabled applications for the mobile PCs.
Microsoft has sent a revised proposal to the European Commission for the terms under which it will license Windows protocols to competitors to comply with last year's antitrust ruling against the company, a Microsoft spokesman said Monday.
Google's video search engine may soon take you to your neighbors' home movies.
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (HGST) will later this year begin selling hard-disk drives based on perpendicular recording, a yet-to-be commercialised recording method that should enable engineers to continue increasing drive storage capacity be...
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW