Maybe you want flexibility. Maybe you just enjoy shopping around for hard drives on deep-discount rebate sales. Whatever your reasoning, the future is looking good for network-attached storage (NAS) owners. New NAS products are a big trend here at CE...
The group behind the US$100 laptop computer aimed at schoolchildren in developing countries has developed a novel battery recharger for the machine that looks a lot like a yo-yo.
Researchers at an Israeli university say they have come up with a way to make computers smarter by enabling them to consult the online Wikipedia encyclopedia.
Apple Computer CEO Steve Jobs took the wraps off of the company's long-awaited "iPhone" on Tuesday, touting it as a three-in-one piece of hardware that acts as a mobile phone, a widescreen iPod with touch controls and an Internet communications devic...
Worldwide spam levels have mysteriously dropped off over the past week, according to managed e-mail provider SoftScan, possibly as a result of a major botnet going out of service.
Microsoft has patched critical vulnerabilities in its Office, Outlook and Windows software.
Ethical issues to do with psychological experimentation may be avoided by conducting experiments in a virtual environment, claims a study by psychologists at the University College London (UCL). The finding opens doors to further research into human ...
SanDisk has unveiled an industry initiative to create a new USB storage device that allows users to move digital content from their PCs to their television sets for viewing on a large screen.
HP is reaching for the consumer market with two new PCs that allow customers to control Microsoft's Windows Vista OS with a touchscreen interface instead of a mouse.
The past few years have seen a clear trend toward ridding desktop PCs of wires. But the VGA cable connecting your system to your monitor has been a stubborn holdout. Now a company called Quartics is looking to sever that tie, using technology that wi...
The recent release of software that can be used to decode encrypted HD DVD and Blu-ray movies is the first step toward making the encryption standard used by these next-generation video players obsolete, Princeton University researchers said Monday.
Motorola announced a new music-enabled mobile phone Monday that syncs its Linux OS with Microsoft's Windows Media Player on Windows XP, as well as PCs running Vista.
Microsoft tried to draw the attention of gamers at the International Consumer Electronics Show on Monday, announcing a keyboard that automates maneuvers and provides quicker response time.
Continuing to chase the grail of a media center PC, AMD announced a notebook version of its AMD Live package, which the company had launched for desktop users in mid-2006.
The group that certifies Wi-Fi products aims to make more wireless LANs secure by taking some of the work out of locking them down.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
- HP sells PCs in a new way as it tries to speed up upgrades
- Microsoft appears to be building a business app marketplace
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW