Intel has announced its quarterly profit rose 44 per cent over last year, reaching $US1.3 billion as low selling prices for its microprocessors were offset by higher than expected unit shipments.
GamerMetrics, which tracks online browsing habits for more than 30 million gamers, has compiled the most anticipated games for the second half of 2007 according to online page visits. Topping the list of prospective best sellers is Halo 3, followed b...
Struggling memory chip vendors may see a ray of hope in the near future, as prices for DRAM (dynamic RAM) chips stopped their long slide during the first half of July, according to a report released Tuesday.
Google said it will soon start issuing user cookies that automatically expire after two years for users who don't return to the search site.
Microsoft has added the ability for subscribers of its Office Live small-business hosted service to purchase paid-search advertising from Ask.com from directly within the service.
Google Tuesday launched its <a href="http://www.google.com/enterprise/csbe/">Custom Search Business Edition</a>, a fee-based service that lets businesses build search pages for their own Web sites.
The European Union court considering Microsoft's appeal of a 2004 antitrust ruling confirmed Tuesday that it will issue a verdict two months from Thursday, on Sept. 17.
Security researchers Monday disclosed critical vulnerabilities in two popular Windows instant messaging clients, Yahoo Messenger and Trillian.
HP says a broad range of its computer hardware running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 has been examined and certified as compliant under the international Common Criteria product-evaluation program backed by the U.S. government and sometimes required for...
The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is warning of fraudulent e-mails that appear to come from the FBI and U.S. military.
The anonymous researcher who claims to have crafted a Mac OS X worm said Tuesday that he or she will report his findings to Apple, but added that the company "has a very long way to go" on security.
An anonymous security researcher claimed this weekend to have created a worm that exploits a vulnerability in the Mac OS X operating system which Apple missed in a May round of patches.
Microsoft researchers are working on a variety of location-based tools, some of which could turn into interesting commercial applications.
Intel Corp. launched a dual-core notebook chip for high-end users on Monday, continuing an effort to defend its share of the fast-growing notebook PC market against Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD).
IT Minister Senator Helen Coonan announced that she will work with industry to better protect and inform consumers about mobile telephone premium service offerings, like ring tones and video clips.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Physical RAM attack can root Android and possibly other devices
- Chinese firm recalls camera products linked to massive DDOS attack
- Not robocop, but robojudge? AI learns to rule in human rights cases
- French surveillance law is unconstitutional after all, highest court says
- WikiLeaks says it doesn’t collaborate with states
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclipse) 161007/AP/vmpAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW