The European Commission opened an in-depth investigation into Google's planned acquisition of online advertising company DoubleClick this week, citing the deal's potential impact on the online advertising market.
As part of its efforts to support energy-efficient computing, HP Monday announced it has signed an agreement to acquire facilities consulting firm EYP Mission Critical Facilities for an undisclosed sum.
Bill Gates focused largely on future innovations to come out of Microsoft as he presided over his last annual shareholders meeting as full-time chairman, leaving his colleagues to address questions about the threat from Google's Android, piracy in Ch...
Jailed Chinese dissidents have settled a lawsuit they filed earlier this year against Yahoo in which they alleged the Internet company should be held accountable for their imprisonment and torture.
Microsoft has released its November security updates, fixing a critical Windows bug that has been exploited by online criminals.
Count HP CEO Mark Hurd among those who believe the tech industry could be on the cusp of another major wave of consolidation.
Mozilla must address Firefox's memory problems if it's serious about entering the mobile browser market, a member of the company's board of directors said over the weekend.
At its OpenWorld show this week, Oracle is expected to announce an upcoming version of its Siebel CRM On Demand service that will include social networking features reminiscent of consumer portals such as Facebook or MySpace.
Microsoft Monday outlined pricing on eight versions of Windows Server 2008 that are slated to ship early next year.
Microsoft will today release three non-security updates to Windows Vista that relate to battery life, sleep/hibernation issues, and glitches in the Media Center version.
Microsoft Monday tweaked its virtualization strategy by unveiling a stand-alone virtualization server that won't require users to run the Windows Server 2008 operating system.
The Australian Women in IT and Science Entity (AWISE) has announced its key leadership roles for 2008, in preparation for the national launch of several projects aimed at boosting the significance of women in the nation's IT industry.
Microsoft has released further details of a group of server and virtualisation products due next year that will set the tone for how well the company will compete in the enterprise software market.
Adobe CEO Bruce Chizen will step down from his post at the end of the month, the company said this week.
A loophole in the random number generator of Windows 2000 can expose users' email, password and credit card details, university researchers claim.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- CCPMO ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- CCChange / Communications AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTProject EngineerNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW