Pageflakes, which lets communities of users create personalized Internet home pages, next month plans to begin offering a directory of 10,000 "widgets," or small, single-purpose applications that can be used to further customize personal pages.
HP has begun shipping a new product that the company thinks will give it an edge over rival, IBM, in the market for blade servers.
If the mention of Web 2.0 social networks conjures images of tech-crazed teens navigating virtual worlds at breakneck speeds or screenshots of flowery pink blogs, think again.
World Bank officials are speaking out about the international gateway license-fee wrangle between mobile phone service providers and African governments.
Aethon Monday announced a system that uses robots to monitor the movement of medical equipment tagged with radio frequency identification (RFID) chips and fetch it when needed by nurses or other hospital staff.
Sony is planning to launch a Blu-ray Disc player in the middle of this year that's significantly cheaper than many current models on the market.
HP has launched a low-priced, disk-based backup and recovery system as it battles with Dell for small business users who need to back up their data.
Cisco Systems' Linksys division thinks small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) should have some of the same features enterprises get, such as backup power and virtualization, when they attach storage to their networks.
Little-known Texas MP3 Technologies is taking on Apple, Samsung Electronics and Sandisk with a patent-infringement lawsuit.
Attempts to find an investor for bankrupt German mobile phone maker BenQ Mobile have failed, after the last potential buyer ended negotiations, the company's insolvency administrator said Sunday.
BitTorrent rolled out a paid music and movie download service on Monday, leveraging its fast distribution system infamous for the massive piracy it facilitated when it debuted in 2001.
The IEEE has started work on a 1Gbit/s version of WiMax which could seize the coveted "4G" prize, and replace both cellular and WiMax.
Virtualization leader VMware has published a white paper condemning what it calls Microsoft's moves to block competition in the virtualization market, the most public sign to date of the friction between the companies.
IBM has taken a large stride in its race with Intel to make faster, smaller chips by building silicon transistors from a rare combination of metals.
Microsoft hopes to boost the adoption of BPM (business process management) applications by adding support for Business Process Execution Language (BPEL) in the workflow layer of Windows Vista, the company said Monday. It also has formed an alliance o...
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Xiaomi gets into laptops with Mi Notebook Air
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCService Design AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD