Attracted by aggressive prices and the launch of Microsoft's Windows Vista OS, consumers purchased more notebooks during the first quarter than expected, pushing IDC to raise its 2007 PC industry forecast.
A new type of image spam found this week is able to bypass many filters by presenting a message as wallpaper within an e-mail, according to the vendor Secure Computing.
Climate Savers has defined a series of standards for power supply efficiency in servers and PCs that it suggests members adopt between now and July 2010.
Consumers planning to buy the iPhone when it goes on sale in the U.S. later this month will need to have an iTunes Store account before they can activate the device, according to information on Apple's Web site.
EBay has pulled all of its paid search ads from Google's AdWords network in the U.S., an eyebrow-raising move likely to be interpreted in the industry as a sign of deteriorating relations between the two Internet giants.
The Department of Justice and FBI Wednesday said ongoing investigations have identified more than 1 million botnet crime victims.
Exploits appeared within hours for two of the bugs that Microsoft fixed Tuesday.
Check Point Software Technologies Wednesday launched a Windows Vista version of its flagship ZoneAlarm firewall and blamed the delay on a switch to the new operating system's application programming interfaces (API).
<a href="http://www.mahalo.com/" target="_blank">Mahalo</a>, a search engine that uses people to come up with search results, said today it has begun taking applications from people who want to be paid for researching queries.
Unlimited free SMS and possibly free mobile phone calls in the future. That's the offering by newly launched Australian mobile service provider, mobiK.
The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival bills itself as the "most tech-savvy festival in the land."
RealNetworks announced a new version of its RealPlayer media player software - the player will support rival formats Flash and QuickTime.
IT security vendor Sonicwall has announced it has entered into an agreement to acquire Aventail Corporation, a privately-held provider of SSL VPN remote access solutions for approximately $US25 million in cash.
Microsoft is offering a new method of discovering musical acts via its Zune media player and through Xbox Live. Microsoft has unveiled Ignition, a program that gives much-needed exposure to up-and-coming artists.
The UK's O2 Wireless festival is going paper free.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Make a Wi-Fi gadget with a $9.99 Orange Pi development board
- Mediatek's developer board features a 10-core chip and Android 6.0
- Bringing IoT data into public clouds is getting easier
- Six senators demand more details about the Yahoo data breach
- Swift CEO reveals three more failed attacks on banking network
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA