His real desk may be a mess, but Jason Clarke's virtual office is as neat as they come due to his assiduous answering, filing or deleting of the 400-plus e-mails he gets each day.
Toshiba is confident that it will beat Sony to market with consumer electronics devices packing the powerful Cell microprocessor, the head of its consumer electronics business said Thursday.
Google is offering some users of its Blogger Web site access to a new version of the blog hosting service allowing user-definable templates, tagging of posts, multiple authors, and faster publication of new posts, the company announced on its own blo...
Anti-spam blacklist service, The Open Relay Database (ORDB), has pulled the plug after five and a half years because of spammers' growing sophistication.
Hewlett-Packard moved to strengthen its line of iPAQ handhelds on Wednesday by announcing a plan to acquire Bitfone, a developer of software applications that allow cell-phone manufacturers to manage wireless mobile devices.
PC sales growth in the US sputtered to a halt in the third quarter of 2006, showing zero increase compared to last year, as vendors turned to strong overseas markets to generate revenue.
You may need at least 1GB of RAM to get Vista working properly but thanks to new NEC technology, it would be long until your PC comes laden with 10GB without the need to add extra slots.
Just 21 percent of U.S. residents believe the next Bill Gates will come from their country, according to a new survey on Internet attitudes released Wednesday.
Apple will soon be a member of the "month of bugs" club.
An alarming "new form" of cyber-extortion uncovered by security vendor Websense in recent days now looks as if it could be nothing more than an elaborate practical joke.
Microsoft has released draft application programming interfaces (API) designed to allow third-party security products to get around a contentious kernel protection technology in the Vista operating system called PatchGuard.
Badly designed Web sites may have negative effects on a user's immune, cardiovascular and nervous systems, a study says.
Yahoo resumed promoting a Yahoo Messenger upgrade on Monday after fixing a bug in the program that altered users' e-mail preferences without their consent.
A French CD duplicator has agreed to compensate Microsoft after producing discs with unauthorized copies of Microsoft software, the companies said Tuesday.
Computer security analysts are studying reports of a worm that may be circulating via a feature in Skype's popular VOIP (voice over Internet protocol) service.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- FTManager of Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCTechnical OfficerACT