Microsoft this week released six security bulletins that patched nine vulnerabilities in Windows, Internet Explorer (IE), Microsoft Word, Outlook Express and SharePoint. But for the second time in two months, it yanked an update at the last minute.
Google said this week that it has acquired Jaiku, which offers a product called Jaiku Mobile, a software application for mobile phones that enables users to post and browse short messages called "jaikus."
A Web site that leaked details of Windows XP Service Pack 3 over the weekend claimed that the update includes several new features, including some borrowed from Windows Vista.
Adam Internet, one of South Australia's leading Internet providers has launched a VoIP service in partnership with ISPhone Australasia.
Randy Allen is AMD's corporate vice-president and general manager of the Server and Workstation Division. He talks to Australian PC World about Barcelona, the upcoming Phenom triple-core processors, the market for four core processors, and the effect...
The leader of Microsoft's integration efforts around open source software and its proprietary technologies is expanding his role by adding the title "general manager of Windows server marketing," further indication that Microsoft plans to crank up th...
Despite not being officially released yet, unlocked iPhones are hitting a hungry Australian market, making consumers happy and sellers even happier.
While the industry is distracted by the ongoing tussle between Microsoft and OpenOffice.org over document formats, the KDE project is quietly preparing the next generation of its own office suite, KOffice, for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.
Security researchers are again arguing over who is responsible -- Microsoft or third-party developers -- for protocol-handling bugs after a researcher said late last week that Internet Explorer 7 can be used to trick users into launching malware.
Adobe Systems has confirmed that there's a critical bug in its most popular programs, but it doesn't yet have a patch that protects Windows XP users against attacks arriving as PDF files.
Just three weeks after Mozilla spun off its Thunderbird to a new subsidiary, the only two paid developers working on the e-mail client said they were quitting the company.
Akamai announced this week that it is expanding its Web application acceleration services to include any IP-based application, including VoIP.
Yahoo held Open Hack Day October 5 and 6 in Bangalore, India, in a bid to build an ecosystem of external developers familiar with the company's technologies.
Juniper Networks is linking its intrusion-detection platforms to its NAC gear, making it possible to restrict devices that manage to gain network access by passing health checks but then pose a threat once they are on.
VOIP provider Vonage Holdings has settled a patent dispute with Sprint Nextel by agreeing to pay Sprint about US$80 million, the two companies announced this week.
We have 3x HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 All-in-One Printers available this month with replacement ink valued at $537.85 each
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- Alphabet's Waymo raises stakes in self-driving race with Uber lawsuit
- Stop using SHA1: It’s now completely unsafe
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Telefonica-Sigfox deal is a big win for diverse IoT networks
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBid ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)WA
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPProject ManagerOther
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW