European record labels were keeping quiet on Friday morning regarding a potential U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) investigation into digital music price fixing.
The author of the Hacker Defender rootkit, known by the handle "holy_father," said he has ended a paid service offering routes around anti-virus and anti-rootkit programs. Hacker Defender, an open-source, user-mode Windows rootkit, had become famous ...
Google has introduced its lowest-priced Google Mini search device to date, in an attempt to capture the most price-sensitive segment of the small-business market.
Airlines need to do a better job of keeping passengers from using mobile phones and laptops during flight because interference caused by such gear could cause accidents, according to a new study.
Cebit is not just about IT for the enterprise: exhibitors will also be showing new consumer products and services.
The "near automatic" injunctions that judges issue when a company is found to be infringing a patent hurt innovation, tech organizations are arguing as the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to hear a high-profile patent case.
Computer makers are planning to use Intel's next generation of dual-core processors to build smaller, cooler machines. The first of those chips will launch in volume quantities by June, Intel is expected to announce at its Intel Developer Forum trade...
Microsoft Friday asked three US courts to force Sun Microsystems, Oracle, IBM and Novell to produce documents pertaining to the European Union's (EU's) antitrust case against the software vendor.
Research In Motion (RIM) and NTP have settled their long-standing legal battle, with RIM paying NTP US$612.5 million to settle all of NTP's patent claims against it.
Despite the buzz being generated by its Origami Project, Microsoft plans to give it only brief mention at the upcoming CeBit trade show in Hanover, Germany. The event coincides with when the company has said it will offer more details. The project ap...
Google's top executives drove through a simple message at the company's annual meeting with Wall Street analysts on Thursday: the sky is the limit on the company's revenue growth potential in the long term.
After several years of squabbling, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) last night agreed to let VeriSign manage the valuable .com domain of Web addresses until 2012.
A landmark court case, which alleges a Perth-based company has breached the Spam Act 2003 and is sending unsolicited e-mail across the globe, began in Perth yesterday.
Google Thursday began shipping a scaled down version of its Google Mini search appliance that is aimed at small businesses.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCProject AdvisorNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW