Much has been made of the stereotypical characteristics of the generations that followed the Baby Boomer era. The same can be said of the latest generation, but Gartner Inc. warns marketers to define them by their online actions rather than their bir...
While Apple is tight-lipped about the introduction of new Mac systems with Intel's latest Penryn processors, analysts said the company's Unix-based Xserve servers could be the first to include the power-efficient Penryn chips.
Bill Gates, regarded as one of the world's brightest and richest, made a mistake.
Yahoo Tuesday settled a lawsuit brought against it on behalf of imprisoned Chinese journalist Shi Tao, and pro-democracy writer Wang Xiaoning, according to court documents. Terms of the settlement were not disclosed.
Apple's new Leopard operating system took a sizable bite of the Japanese retail operating system market during October and accounted for over half of all sales of packaged operating system software despite being on sale for only the last six days of ...
Microsoft is about to release a major update to its Windows Live OneCare security suite, according to online retailers, who have already begun taking orders for the software.
Microsoft Tuesday released two security bulletins that fixed a pair of flaws in Windows, including a vulnerability that had been the root of a monthslong debate over patching responsibility.
Two months after launching the first beta of Lotus Symphony, its free OpenOffice.org-based desktop office suite, IBM today unveiled the second beta of the suite with a raft of improvements and bug fixes.
Oracle executives responsible for product development across the company joined together at Oracle OpenWorld user conference on Tuesday to shed some light on current marching orders concerning Oracle's application, database and middleware technology ...
HP has revealed its take on the "personal supercomputing" trend on Tuesday in the form of the Cluster Platform Workgroup System, based on the recently introduced BladeSystem c3000.
Intel has divested itself of yet another "non-core" product line, signing a deal to pass on design and marketing of its popular IXP network processors to Netronome Systems, a start-up which specializes in deep packet inspection (DPI) technology.
In a first for the open-source tooling organization, the Eclipse Foundation has won a seat on a Java Community Process (JCP) executive committee.
Sun President/CEO Jonathan Schwartz will focus on Sun's virtualization strategy during a keynote presentation at the Oracle OpenWorld conference in San Francisco on Wednesday.
Microsoft has rejected claims by a team of Israeli researchers that a loophole exists in the Windows 2000 random number generator, allowing hackers to retrieve users' personal information.
Mobile advertising is still in its infancy, and already it's despised by some users of wireless devices. Nonetheless, it seems destined to become a major factor in the growth of the mobile Internet.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCONSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTFinance AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTSalesforce Developer - UrgentNSW
- TPSenior Helpdesk/Junior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- TPProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA