Singapore's Resolvo Systems has announced the launch of MoveOver, which it describes as "possibly the world's first migration tool" to assist Windows users in migrating to a Linux desktop environment within a few clicks of the mouse.
The number of phishing attacks grew slightly during February, and there was also increased malicious software use, a group that monitors attempts at online identity theft said on Tuesday.
The Bloglines online content-aggregation service plans to let its users track from within its service package-shipping information from FedEx, United Parcel Service of America (UPS) and the U.S. Postal Service, according to a company executive.
Hewlett-Packard's (HP) new Media Center desktop PCs come with docking stations for iPod music players and a fresh new color scheme.
An "apprentice" hacker broke into the PABX system of John James Hospital in Canberra last week and made more than $5000 worth of international calls.
Microsoft Research has had 7,000 downloads of its Comega programming technology, which is intended to bridge the gap between relational, object, and XML data models.
A jury in California has found Toshiba and one of its U.S. units liable in a case brought by Lexar Media concerning flash memory and ordered Toshiba to pay US$380 million in damages, Lexar said last week.
A jury in California on Thursday ordered Toshiba and one of its U.S. subsidiaries to pay an additional US$84 million in damages to Lexar Media, Lexar said in a statement.
Lawyers for Grokster have recruited a financially powerful ally in their fight against Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios.
A U.S. court ordered Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEI) to pay Immersion US$90.7 million for patent infringement of touch feedback technology used in PlayStation games consoles, said court documents. The court also ordered a halt to U.S. sales of inf...
Leading global telecommunications companies, ISPs (Internet service providers) and network operators will begin sharing information on Internet attacks as members of a new group called the "Fingerprint Sharing Alliance," according to a published stat...
A company that offered US$25,000 for the first virus that automatically spreads among Apple Computer computers running the OS X operating system cancelled the virus writing contest and retracted the offer of cash, citing concerns about legal liabilit...
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) has introduced low-power HE versions of its 2.2GHz Opteron model 148, 248, and 848 processors.
HP is clearing its shelves of old Media Center PCs ahead of the launch of a new generation of the systems, one of which turned up at a store owned by Circuit City Stores earlier this month.
PC shipment growth will slow a little bit more in 2005 than previously expected, as the consumer market catches its breath after the past few years, according to IDC.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- China clamps down on exports of drones and supercomputers
- Airbnb guest suspected of stealing $35k from San Francisco home
- Nokia reaches deal to sell Here business to Audi, BMW Group and Daimler
- Indian government orders ISPs to block 857 porn websites
- DNS server attacks begin using BIND software flaw
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC