Windows Vista's User Account Control (UAC), a system that Microsoft says makes the new operating system safer from attack, can be spoofed and shouldn't be completely trusted, a Symantec researcher said Thursday.
Eric Raymond, influential developer and co-founder of the Open Source Initiative, has delivered a public rebuke to Red Hat's Fedora project.
Apple and Cisco Systems have agreed to share the "iPhone" name, putting an end to a dispute that threatened the June launch of Apple's highly-anticipated multimedia phone.
Google is pushing further into the communication and collaboration applications market with a major upgrade of Google Apps, a hosted suite for organizations of all sizes that analysts say could soon become a real competitor to Microsoft Office.
The new team of leaders at Dell is weighing a request to give customers the option to purchase PCs with the Linux OS, instead of the default Windows, after thousands of users voted for that idea on a company blog.
The Internet is a mirror of the population that uses it, said Google's vice president and chief Internet evangelist Vinton Cerf said in reference to the proliferation of fraud, social abuse, and other online crimes.
With Barnes & Noble and Amazon leading the way, customer satisfaction with e-commerce in the United States has reached near-record levels, according to American Customer Satisfaction Index survey results released Tuesday. Online businesses continue t...
Google has fixed a security flaw in the company's desktop search product that could have let hackers take control of a personal computer, but the security company that discovered the flaw says the design of the Google application could lead to simila...
Cisco says it is not releasing its NAC client software code to the open source community, nor does the company have plans to exit the endpoint security client business, despite a Cisco executive telling the contrary to the media earlier this month.
They're not due to be officially announced until next week, but details of Sony's new line-up of digital still cameras hit numerous Web sites Tuesday.
A new application from Raketu Communications aims to integrate IPTV (Internet Protocol television) with social networking, two of the Internet's hip technologies.
Microsoft on Wednesday released a list of 800 applications it has officially verified so far to run bug-free on Windows Vista.
In a sign of the growing importance of IP networked storage the SNIA has elected new leaders to an IP Storage Forum and outlined an activity program.
HP CEO, Mark Hurd's, assessment of his company's storage sales organisation was simple and blunt: "We just don't cover enough accounts." His comments came during a conference call with analysts to discuss HP's latest quarterly earnings.
Mozilla's Firefox browser lost market share last month, Web metrics company Net Applications reported Wednesday. But Apple's Safari continued to gain ground, an indicator of a slow but sure uptick in Macintosh sales.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm agrees to pay $19.5M to settle charges of bias against women
- In light of increased cyberattacks, White House sets defence plan with FBI in charge
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Why hackers love health apps
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA