Mozilla must address Firefox's memory problems if it's serious about entering the mobile browser market, a member of the company's board of directors said over the weekend.
At its OpenWorld show this week, Oracle is expected to announce an upcoming version of its Siebel CRM On Demand service that will include social networking features reminiscent of consumer portals such as Facebook or MySpace.
Microsoft Monday outlined pricing on eight versions of Windows Server 2008 that are slated to ship early next year.
Microsoft will today release three non-security updates to Windows Vista that relate to battery life, sleep/hibernation issues, and glitches in the Media Center version.
Microsoft Monday tweaked its virtualization strategy by unveiling a stand-alone virtualization server that won't require users to run the Windows Server 2008 operating system.
The Australian Women in IT and Science Entity (AWISE) has announced its key leadership roles for 2008, in preparation for the national launch of several projects aimed at boosting the significance of women in the nation's IT industry.
Microsoft has released further details of a group of server and virtualisation products due next year that will set the tone for how well the company will compete in the enterprise software market.
Adobe CEO Bruce Chizen will step down from his post at the end of the month, the company said this week.
A loophole in the random number generator of Windows 2000 can expose users' email, password and credit card details, university researchers claim.
A former security researcher admitted to hijacking a quarter of a million PCs, using spyware to steal bank and PayPal account information, and making money by installing adware on the massive botnet.
Microsoft's Xbox 360 has outsold Sony's PlayStation 3 in Japan for the first time, according to a closely watched weekly sales ranking.
Google will give US$10 million to the developers who build the best applications for Android, the open source platform Google designed for building mobile phones. Google says it hopes to spark innovation with the so-called Android Developer Challenge...
Avaya will make it possible to turn an iPhone into a node on the corporate PBX network, something iPhone users (if not corporate phone executives) want.
The Web site of IndiaTimes, the online news site of the Times Group, one of India's large news and entertainment groups, exposed visitors to malware, according to an advisory by ScanSafe.
Intel's new 45-nanometer chip for the desktop, part of the newly released Penryn family, should give gamers, researchers and serious multitaskers a significant performance boost, according to analysts.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
- See Sedric drive: Volkswagen shows off first autonomous concept car
- This is the closest thing Intel has built to a discrete GPU
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTProcurement AdvisorQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- TPSAS DeveloperWA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTLead Agile Software TesterNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProject EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Business Analyst / Project Coordinator dual roleVIC
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT