A Microsoft spinoff plans to release an open beta of a new mobile browsing user interface in mid-December.
Microsoft is on track to begin testing a console by the end of the year that will give customers a single tool for managing all of its Forefront enterprise security products.
Microsoft is improving its popular Application Virtualization program while also bundling it with beta versions of other new software management tools.
Microsoft wants to create a plug-in that will simplify the process of exporting Word documents to applications that make texts accessible for the visually impaired.
British open-source advocates will be boosted by the news that German support vendor Credativ is expanding its open-source center (OSSC) to support all distributions of Linux in the UK.
Oracle is going after its piece of the hot virtualization market by introducing an open source Xen-based hypervisor to compete against those from Novell, Red Hat and VMware.
Woven Systems, a 10Gbps Ethernet fabric switching start-up, this week unveiled a 48-port "top of rack" Gigabit Ethernet edge switch for data centers.
Samsung Electronics has unveiled four new data networking terminals for use on the commercial WiMax network operating in Seoul.
Quest Software announced it had acquired Provision Networks, a maker of desktop virtualization software, to bolster its portfolio of heterogeneous virtualization-management tools.
A former employee of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation and Central Intelligence Agency has pleaded guilty to charges of fraudulently obtaining US citizenship and accessing a US government computer system to unlawfully find information about her ...
The European Commission opened an in-depth investigation into Google's planned acquisition of online advertising company DoubleClick this week, citing the deal's potential impact on the online advertising market.
As part of its efforts to support energy-efficient computing, HP Monday announced it has signed an agreement to acquire facilities consulting firm EYP Mission Critical Facilities for an undisclosed sum.
Bill Gates focused largely on future innovations to come out of Microsoft as he presided over his last annual shareholders meeting as full-time chairman, leaving his colleagues to address questions about the threat from Google's Android, piracy in Ch...
Jailed Chinese dissidents have settled a lawsuit they filed earlier this year against Yahoo in which they alleged the Internet company should be held accountable for their imprisonment and torture.
Microsoft has released its November security updates, fixing a critical Windows bug that has been exploited by online criminals.
A printer that ticks all the boxes to help small businesses run productively
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Blame terrorists if you get a speeding ticket while driving in France
- If software eats everything, are network engineers on the menu?
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
- Logitech G213 Prodigy review: An ambitious keyboard that's oversized and overpriced
- Razer Ornata review: An expensive rubber-dome keyboard that comes with a mechanical click
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - UX experience NeededNSW