Attackers are trying to take advantage of a newly-disclosed vulnerability in several of Microsoft's server products that could allow them to run unauthorized code on affected computers, the company has warned.
The CSIRO is laying claim to developing the world's best breed of 200GHz millimetre-wave (mm-wave) amplifier and mixer chips that double wireless data transfer rates, while being more cost and power efficient than current wireless chips.
Sony is hoping to steal a lead on rivals this year by launching televisions that use OLED (organic light emitting diode) displays, it said Thursday.
One of the main backers of the Blu-ray Disc format, South Korea's Samsung Electronics, plans to release an optical disc player this year that will play both Blu-ray Disc and the rival HD DVD format, it said Friday.
Blog search engine Technorati Thursday announced that is has acquired Personal Bee, which operates a Web site that customizes news and entertainment content submitted by users for communities of interest around the topics.
New peer-to-peer (P2P) technology has been designed to speed file transfers through the sharing of non-identical files. The system promises to make online file sharing up to five times faster, and could potentially add to the efficiency of software u...
Microsoft is taking tough measures to find out who leaked a Community Technology Preview (CTP) of Windows Home Server to <a href="http://www.thehotfix.net/">The Hotfix.net blog</a> after the software preview was posted on the site by a user named "Ri...
Business analysts at Intel's technology conference next week will focus on the company's powerful server chips, but industry blogs are showing more excitement over word that the company will launch a new platform for ultra mobile PCs (UMPCs).
Chip giant, Intel, has debut a low-cost, integrated desktop motherboard for sub-entry PC markets at the Asia-Pacific Intel Solutions Summit (ISS) 2007. It is likely to see action in Australia.
The federal opposition leader Kevin Rudd has reiterated his $4.7 billion pledge to build a high-speed broadband network throughout Australia to boost the economy, particularly in the regional small business sector.
Apple said it won't release Leopard, the next version of the Mac operating system, in early June as planned, blaming the delay on the iPhone.
The Word 2007 bugs pegged as security vulnerabilities by an Israeli researcher are nothing of the sort, Microsoft said Thursday. Instead, the application crashes reported as flaws are actually by design.
A massive spam outbreak that tries to trick recipients into opening a file attachment that can hijack their computers has already broken records, security companies said Thursday.
Mountain climber Rod Baber is preparing for the climb of a lifetime and hoping to reach the summit of Mount Everest in late May or early June.
A group of storage vendors on Thursday proposed the development of a new specification that would allow the Fibre Channel storage-area networking protocol to run over Ethernet.
Learn how to protect your digital lifestyle. A must read for all those who are active online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
- Hackers had a chance to hamper voting by deleting records
- As 5G heads for IoT, 4G is far from done
- Microsoft's new Catapult v2 server design is targeted at AI
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCProject Manager XPLANNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC