As e-commerce companies tackle increased traffic and an uptake in Web-site demand during the holiday season, they also might want to consider whether their DNS servers are configured properly.
A developer has come up with an extension to Mozilla's Firefox browser that implements the client interface of Microsoft's CardSpace identity technology.
Honing in on browser incompatibility issues in Web development, Adobe Systems is launching CSS Advisor, a Web site that documents these problems and offers solutions.
If you've ever dreamed up an ingenious new invention and then wondered if someone else has already made it, Google's new patent search offering is for you.
Sony is confident it will hit shipment targets for its recently launched PlayStation 3 game console, its president said Thursday.
A University of Minnesota researcher said he expects to unveil a Web site in the next few weeks designed to track Internet traffic around the world.
Some of the most popular anti-virus scanners on the market are open to exploitation according to a security researcher.
Hackers have released attack code that exploits a critical vulnerability in Microsoft's Word software -- the third such bug to be disclosed in the past week.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) is strengthening ties to Microsoft to provide a broadened portfolio of business software products to the enterprise market while delivering a competitive blow to rival IBM.
Maybe you're one of those people turned off by the thought of buying software from that billionaire brainiac Bill Gates and his rabblerousing sidekick Steve Ballmer. But maybe you'd change your mind if you thought about them more as say, actors Ben K...
As Intel and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) race toward smaller, faster chips, the fierce competition is taking its toll as both companies struggle to maintain profit margins by using more efficient manufacturing.
Skype released the beta version of Skype 2.2, a software client that allows Windows Mobile smart phones to access the company's VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) service over Wi-Fi connections.
Microsoft released the commercial version of its software for robots on Wednesday, hoping to shape the market much as it did for PC software a few decades ago.
Microsoft has won agreement with PC makers to add a fundamental change at the BIOS level to improve security in Windows Vista.
Symantec has filed suit against an alleged software piracy ring, that has been in operation in North America since late 2003, the software vendor claims.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT