At the Web 2.0 Expo at Moscone Center in San Francisco on Wednesday, three thought leaders in the Web 2.0 space, Ross Mayfield, CEO of Socialtext, Satish Dharmaraj, CEO of Zimbra and Matthew Glotzbach, business product manager at Google, participated...
Microsoft is working harder to pinpoint important innovations that will drive its business, Microsoft's CEO, Steve Ballmer, said on Wednesday.
Microsoft hopes to fix by May 8th a critical flaw in Windows Domain Name System (DNS) servers that is being exploited by online criminals, the company said late Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard (PC) has extended its lead over Dell in personal computer sales according to two industry reports released Wednesday.
Microsoft said Tuesday it had identified the person who had leaked the still-in-beta Windows Home Server to the Web. According to both the company and messages from the site where the beta was once posted, however, earlier reports that the leaker was...
Micro-managed attacks that consist of one e-mail targeting one person are up more than 10 times over last year's levels, a message security company said Tuesday.
Microsoft Tuesday began taking beta-tester applications for the next update to Windows, an upgrade to the Windows Media Center functionality within Vista.
Three years after it burst onto the operating system scene, the Debian-based Ubuntu Linux has entered its sixth generation with the release of 7.04 dubbed "Feisty Fawn" globally today.
Many students at Virginia Tech on Monday turned to message boards and social networking sites to try to find out what exactly was happening on campus during a shooting spree that ended with 33 dead.
Intel Wednesday unveiled its Ultra Mobile platform, also known as McCaslin, designed for ultramobile PCs and other handheld devices, and outlined plans for increased Linux support and a new chip for ultramobile PCs due in 2008.
Microsoft, as part of its outreach to the open-source community, has released a new official Windows Media Player plug-in for Firefox 2.0 that resolves problems with the older one.
Talk about new desktop operating systems may be at an all-time high, but the Queensland state government has no intention to progress from the six-year-old Windows XP for more than 100,000 computers to be purchased over the next three years.
AOL on Tuesday unveiled five new online programs in support of its revamped strategy to focus on deriving advertising revenue from original content served up on its AOL.com portal.
Finjan Software Tuesday joined the ranks of vendors offering free site security-ranking services by unveiling SecureBrowsing, a plug-in for Internet Explorer and Firefox that warns users of risky Web sites.
Yahoo and eBay's PayPal have teamed up to attach a special icon to online merchants that advertise with Yahoo and offer PayPal's Express Checkout transaction processing.
You can’t just rush out and buy the most expensive hard disk and expect it to be the best at fulfilling all your needs. Different hard disks are designed for different uses and if you buy the wrong one you’ll either waste a lot of money or find that it simply won’t work with your chosen task. Here we list the top 10 things to look out for when you buy a new hard disk, whether it’s for a laptop, desktop, Networked Attached Storage (NAS) device or a server in a data center.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP's Elite Slice mini-PC stacks up features with snap-on modules
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager XPLANNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCFacilities ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSoftware Engineer - Linux with NV1 clearanceVIC
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia