Google may just be the center of the universe now: A new add-on for its Earth satellite program, called Sky, lets users explore space and see photos of the precise star formation overhead based on their locale.
Microsoft has launched an experimental Web site that plays with two technologies the company plans to make a big part of its Web strategy going forward -- Internet-based search and Silverlight.
Four men were charged Tuesday in a Chinese court for creating and selling the worm that went by names such as "Fujacks" and "Panda Burning Joss Sticks," according to the Changjiang Times.
Google's Blogger blog publishing and Blogspot blog hosting services went offline earlier Wednesday. Among the organizations affected by this apparently widespread outage was Google itself, which hosts its official company blogs on Blogspot.
IBM has announced Wednesday that it plans to embed unified communications features from the upcoming version of the OpenScape software from Siemens Communications into its Sametime instant messaging software.
The 8-month old Storm Trojan horse may soon come full circle and take up touting Hurricane Dean, the Category 5 storm that slammed into Mexico Tuesday, security researchers said.
Google's recently introduced universal search model represents a major change for the company, a Google official said at the Search Engine Strategies conference in San Jose last Thursday.
YouTube's new online video advertising model may be the right balance between what viewers will tolerate and what advertisers will pay, analysts said Wednesday. If that's the case, it could ultimately justify Google's pricey acquisition of the online...
Knowing that there's a limit to how many cores can be put on a chip, processor designers are looking to a tiled architecture as the next generation of chip design.
One day after its collaborative lovefest with Cisco, Microsoft Tuesday wiped off the lipstick and came out swinging as it introduced a new server designed to let users troubleshoot voice and video problems by monitoring network performance in real ti...
Dell is set to launch its first networked serial-attached iSCSI (SAS) drive array. It will offer up to 6TB of capacity to small and medium enterprise customers and be a SAS alternative to its EMC-supplied AX150i.
Google is mapping its way into blogs and web pages around the world today with the launch of its embedded Google Maps service.
Sony Corp. began a teaser campaign in Japan on Monday for a new audio device called Rolly.
Wal-Mart's <a href="http://downloads.walmart.com/swap/">music download site</a> joins iTunes and others today and now sells digital music downloads with no anticopying software. Wal-Mart DRM-free tracks will be from Universal and EMI Music. Prices st...
It's a natural reaction for me to clench my teeth whenever that James Blunt song comes on my iPod. Yes, in a moment of weakness, caught up in the hype, I downloaded it; and it still lives in my playlists. So how very convenient it'd be if, with a lit...
From corporate to connected lifestyle
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- TPSenior Network Engineer (Newcastle Based)NSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTServer Infrastructure Team LeaderACT
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSystem EngineerVIC