Ezmax of South Korea will put on sale this May an MP3 player that allows users to make and receive telephone calls using VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol), the company said at the Cebit trade show in Hanover, Germany, last week.
McAfee introduced on Wednesday a new tool to help small and medium-size business (SMB) customers manage the company's enterprise security software.
Google opened up its Gmail Web mail service to a wider scope of users on Monday by randomly offering, for the first time, accounts to some visitors of the main Google.com page.
An IT manager who earlier pled guilty to hacking into his previous employer's computer network was sentenced Monday to five months in prison, the U.S. Attorney's Office said Tuesday.
With a history of shaping the designs of objects as varied as wine bottles and the oversized Hummer, software veteran Autodesk is celebrating its 20th anniversary as a public company by releasing the 20th version of its flagship software.
The European Commission has given Microsoft, Time Warner and Thomson SA the green light to close their joint acquisition of digital rights management (DRM) company ContentGuard, the companies said Tuesday.
Desktop antispyware software isn't doing the job, IT professionals have concluded.
Windows XP may be updated to support a new file system technology that Microsoft is working on for the next version of Windows.
Storage products announced at the Cebit trade show in Germany, last week spanned the range from a Cisco Systems storage switch ready for multiterabyte arrays of data, down to a new half-height tape drive from Tandberg Data.
Attacks on PCs by botnets -- the so-called zombie networks -- are becoming more of a problem, with more than a million hosts already controlled by hackers.
Telephony has not been a big theme traditionally at the Cebit trade show -- until now. Interest is surging as voice evolves into one of many software applications that businesses and consumers can now run on their office or home IP (Internet protocol...
Wireless switch vendor Trapeze has announced a scheme to manage other vendors' access points. It will begin selling a new D-Link access point in April, and promises that its Open Access Point Initiative will integrate many other existing APs, before ...
Microsoft next month will finally ship the long-awaited 64-bit editions of its latest server and client operating systems--and the move is just the tip of a 64-bit iceberg.
While large IP PBX vendors continue to build on server-based platforms, some international firms are taking different approaches to small-business VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) telephone systems.
Enhance your TV experience with extra channels, on-demand movies and more
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's pay package for CEO Robbins is a sweet deal
- Mozilla CEO blasts Microsoft over Windows 10 defaults
- Researchers improve de-anonymization attacks for websites hiding on Tor
- Facebook aims to launch unmanned drone by year-end
- Has the Apple Watch recorded $1 billion revenue in 87 days?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW